Brant DT, Hogan WR, Mills OT have tendered contracts

Fixxxer

The Bills have tendered contracts for DT Corbin Bryant, WR Chris Hogan and T Jordan Mills. http://bufbills.co/rr3Z2L

not tendered yet are

So the other #Bills RFA's S Bacarri Rambo, DT Stefan Charles and ILB Ty Powell not tendered for now. Still two days to go.

I would assume all got the original round tender of $1.671M.

That means that the team spent almost exactly $5M of cap space on RFAs.

Not sure what the plan would be to replace Charles or Powell, but I'm imagining they'll draft a safety at some point to replace Rambo if they don't bring him back.

Not sure what the plan would be to replace Charles or Powell, but I'm imagining they'll draft a safety at some point to replace Rambo if they don't bring him back.

What do you think of Jeremy Cash as an in the box safety for Rex? I think he would be a great fit with what Rex wants to do. Edited by Commonsense

An original round tender gains nothing for Bills on UDFAs like Hogan; better for Bills to negotiate contract with them.

I like Bryant returning and I am assuming they see Mills as potential OT starter or rotation tackle.

I'd like to see Rambo come back.

The top 3 on Vic's list were tagged; the other three were not.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/05/ranking-the-bills-restricted-free-agents/

I'm afraid it's very likely to happen.

I doubt we see a first round safety bc there doesn't seem to be one worth the first round pick. BUT if the Bills traded down, picked up another pick and took a safety in Rd. 2 their first pick in the draft could be a safety. And they do need a safety; Williams health, Graham's age and possible time needed at CB3 and if Rambo doesn't come back.

http://www.wgr550.com/Next-up-for-Bills-RFA-decisions-approx-values-for-/22529915

(Tender 1) Right of First Refusal Only - No compensation: one year contract, approximately $1.7 million.

(Tender 2) Right of First Refusal and Compensation of Draft Selection at Player’s Original Draft Round: one year, approximately $1.7 million or 110% of the player’s prior year’s salary, whichever is greater.

You get NO draft pick if player was UDFA

(Tender 3) Right of First Refusal and Compensation of A Second Round Draft Pick: one year, approximately $2.6 million or 110% of the player’s prior year’s salary, whichever is greater.

(Tender 4) Right of First Refusal and Compensation of A First Round Draft Pick: one year, approximately $3.7 million or 110% of the player’s prior year’s salary, whichever is greater.

Sure. But I am presuming all first level tenders.... if that is the case and someone offers a 2nd level tender then what?

There's no more tender levels.

He's free to go negotiate. If the player gets an offer, we get a 5 day window to match, if we decline we are compensated based on our own tender level.

Edited by NoSaint

Was going to ask who the hell is DT Brant until I looked in the thread.

Yeah, I totally missed on that one, my bad.

I would hate to lose Charles, though he didn't have a solid year last year, probably not the right system for him or he had trouble adjusting to it. We could have used Powell last year instead of IK but the timing of his injury probably killed his hopes with the team.

Rambo runs hot and cold when he's not trying to kill Darby. I would like to keep him.

Per Buffalo news (which is not always reliable)

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/07/bills-tender-rfas-dt-corbin-bryant-wr-chris-hogan-and-t-jordan-mills/

The deadline for restricted free agents to sign their offer sheets is April 22. Hogan received the low tender at $1.671 million, and it's likely that Bryant and Mills both received low tenders as well.

All three RFA's tendered Monday were regulars on last season's 8-8 team.

Mills was NOT regular and was not signed until Goodwin was placed on IR approximately October 20.

If you went to your usual restaurant and it was out of your 'regular' item and you ordered something else it would not be your 'regular' item as well.

I'm afraid it's very likely to happen.

I'm glad to see the Bills have multiple first round picks this season. According to TBD, they are going to spend a first round pick on a DE to replace Mario, a CB to replace McKelvin and a safety to replace Rambo. That's in addition to using first round picks on an OLB and OT of course.

Now it they can only sign them all!

Not bringing back Stefan Charles because we're really tight and had to choose between him and Corbin Bryant - I understand.

Bringing back Jordan Mills because he's an Offensive Tackle and we're in dire need of them - I understand.

Bringing back #3 WR (at best) Chris Hogan instead of Bacarri Rambo when he could have easily been replaced by either Greg Salas, Jarrett Boykin, or Greg Little - I'll never understand. Especially considering how tight financially they are.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Not bringing back Stefan Charles because we're really tight and had to choose between him and Corbin Bryant - I understand.

Bringing back Jordan Mills because he's an Offensive Tackle and we're in dire need of them - I understand.

Bringing back #3 WR (at best) Chris Hogan instead of Bacarri Rambo when he could have easily been replaced by either Greg Salas, Jarrett Boykin, or Greg Little - I'll never understand. Especially considering how tight financially they are.

I wonder if that means that Easley is done.