Report: Fitzy to hit the market

It must be painful to be a jets fan right now. Though not sure that Bills fans won't be crying right there with them. The Bills cap situation is not pretty.

They're used to it. Yesterday on WFAN I heard them crying about Manning not coming out after his junior year when the Jets had the #1 pick. :lol:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so funny that you think either of those numbers is from the qb and the qb alone.

Passing stats are based heavily on scheme. Tyrod played in 2 fewer games than Fitz and attempted 182 fewer passes than Fitz.

Fitz: 562 Att, 3905 Yards, 31 TDs, 15 INTs

Taylor: 380 Att, 3035 Yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs

If you scale Tyrod up to Fitz's attempts (unreasonable) his stats are 4488 yards, 29.5 TDs, 9 INTs

If you scale Fitz down to Tyrod's attempts his stats are 2640 Yards, 21 TDs, 10 INTs

All in all your base of criticism for people who appreciated what our QB did and call Fitz a backup is simplified to the point that it makes no sense. There are many many factors involved in both TDs and Wins besides the QB himself. But hey, let's consider the QB in a vacuum. Makes sense.

I hate judging Qbs by wins and losses. Fitz got called a loser here when we had one of the worse defenses in the NFL. Taylor "won" a game with 100 yards passes. It's the ultimate team game. Only a couple Qbs can single handedly win games.

But projecting state is really stupid. Part of the reason Taylor didn't throw more is because they were being conservative. If he throws more, the ints probably go up. Kinda silly to project that.

I would take the upside of Taylor over Fitz. But to pretend like Fitz wasn't a big reason for the Jets turn around is just Bills fans being bitter. He had a good year and did better than any Bills qb in like 16 years. Give credit where it's due.

C Biscuit - good take. I don't know how you hate Fitz in that he was a great guy here, and always wanted him to win. You are right, our defense was atrocious. The problem I remember was simply we played the spread which worked to Spiller's advantage, and Fitz could hit people short and fast. The problem was anything long was so inaccurate so defenses started playing press and we didn't have the counter because again, we had no long game.

I don't blame Gailey as I think he was bright enough to implement an offense to what we could do, and understood our limitations. We looked to have a good O-Line but they really sucked. It was just Fitz got rid of the ball so fast.

I agree i think TT has a much higher upside, and it's simply a matter of can he get the ball out fast, and make those quick throws over the middle. We'll find our offensive line will look amazing if we can get the short game down to even 60% of what Brady can do.

Would not at all shock me to see him go back to the Texans or Rams. I could also see him going to Denver if they can't get Brock back.

Either way, good on Fitz for looking at his market. With how bad some teams need QB's - he'd be doing himself a disservice not to.

He has made 39 million dollars in 10 years. As I've said before, great for him and probably unexpected back when he was a rookie.

If he can get some team to pay him to start...do it.

He has made 39 million dollars in 10 years. As I've said before, great for him and probably unexpected back when he was a rookie.

If he can get some team to pay him to start...do it.

Better to be a well paid backup than a poorly paid starter at his current age.

Fitz really overachieved for the Jets last year and overall looked good. But the money average QBs are scoring lately (Osweiler, Bradford) is crazy, and the Jets can't afford the $10 million plus per year Fitz is likely asking for.

In 90% of seasons, 10-6 is playoff caliber. We haven't had anyone that close in years.

Wrong. Orton was 7-5 and Tyrod was 8-6. And defending whether or not Fitz is a playoff QB is a really silly argument given his resume.

In 90% of seasons, 10-6 is playoff caliber. We haven't had anyone that close in years.

he has never made the playoffs. He's been in the league for many years and on multiple teams. He's not playoff caliber. If he was he would have made the playoffs at least once. He was on the Texans last year and didn't make it, a team that made the playoffs this year with a QB carousel that included 3 backup quality players. he got close this year, good for him. He didn't make it. Edited by YoloinOhio

Wrong. Orton was 7-5 and Tyrod was 8-6. And defending whether or not Fitz is a playoff QB is a really silly argument given his resume.

10-6 > 7-5 or 8-6

We aren't really arguing simple math are we? :)

he has never made the playoffs. He's been in the league for many years and on multiple teams. He's not playoff caliber. If he was he would have made the playoffs at least once. He was on the Texans last year and didn't make it, a team that made the playoffs this year with a QB carousel that included 3 backup quality players. he got close this year, good for him. He didn't make it.

Fitz had a 95 qb rating for the Texans, which was almost 40 points higher than Hoyer had this year.

You guys are working way too hard to hate on Fitz.

10-6 > 7-5 or 8-6

We aren't really arguing simple math are we? :)

Fitz had a 95 qb rating for the Texans, which was almost 40 points higher than Hoyer had this year.

You guys are working way too hard to hate on Fitz.

If he's so good, why is it that team after team moves on from him after 1 season?