Report: Fitzy to hit the market

Who would pay a qb to throw fitzpicksixes ?

He bent the Bills over on a contract now wants to do it to all.

That's what QB's do. Take advantage of desperate teams and cling on to middling careers for longer than any other position. Look at Matt Flynn's career earnings vs. games played. Bradford has made one million dollars per touchdown pass since entering the league. Cousins is poised to make 20+ million a year because a good string of games. Fitzy is no different that almost half the leagues QB's, good enough to lose with but not good enough to win. Edited by Commonsense

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GM was the one clearing out EEeeeeeeeeeJ's competition.

The same GM who wouldn't sign KO until his HC screamed at him. The same GM who didn't bench EJ for KO for 14 weeks. So I don't know how your "point" contradicts mine.

You are convinced of efforts to "protect" EJ from competition. Benching him for 12 games suggests:

1.) Those efforts were non-existent

or

2.) they were entirely ineffective

Meaning, regardless of which is true, said efforts are irrelevant.

You are convinced of efforts to "protect" EJ from competition. Benching him for 12 games suggests:

1.) Those efforts were non-existent

or

2.) they were entirely ineffective

Meaning, regardless of which is true, said efforts are irrelevant.

Or they were effective in 2013, less so in 2014. Which is why we cut Fitz, signed a cardboard cut out to compete with EEeeeeeeeeeeeeJ, then had to sign another expensive veteran back-up/fringe starter one year later when the HC had to scream at the GM for acquiring doggy doo at the QB position for 2 years straight.

You and your black and white world.

Or they were effective in 2013, less so in 2014. Which is why we cut Fitz, signed a cardboard cut out to compete with EEeeeeeeeeeeeeJ, then had to sign another expensive veteran back-up/fringe starter one year later when the HC had to scream at the GM for acquiring doggy doo at the QB position for 2 years straight.

WTF do you think Kevin Kolb was?

WTF do you think Kevin Kolb was?

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but if he'd take backup money I wouldn't mind him begin #2 to TT.

But he won't, so I don't really care.

Me and black and white world? Why are we talking about me?

Well, you've introduced even more dubious scenarios which would validate your premise (that the organization sought to 'protect' EJ):

1. They considered Fitz a threat to EJ
  2. So they cut Fitz and signed Kolb--which, in order for this to follow--means they believed Kolb was a significant downgrade to Fitz
  3. They were lying every time they said the plan was for EJ to learn behind Kolb
  4. The TC scuttle between Whaley and Marrone was precisely as reported and its context requires no speculation

So, given the ambiguity of all these factors, and the fact that, again, efforts to "protect" were evidently futile, what is exactly is it you're trying to pass as truth?

Me and black and white world? Why are we talking about me?

Well, you've introduced even more dubious scenarios which would validate your premise (that the organization sought to 'protect' EJ):

1. They considered Fitz a threat to EJ
  2. So they cut Fitz and signed Kolb--which, in order for this to follow--means they believed Kolb was a significant downgrade to Fitz
  3. They were lying every time they said the plan was for EJ to learn behind Kolb
  4. The TC scuttle between Whaley and Marrone was precisely as reported and its context requires no speculation

So, given the ambiguity of all these factors, and the fact that, again, efforts to "protect" were evidently futile, what is exactly is it you're trying to pass as truth?

That Fitz was cut to protect EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeJ. That's how this whole conversation started. I even posted it after you said something to the effect of "we would've been better with Fitz on the roster in 13 or 14." Which I agree with. But he wasn't on the roster, and the Bills have no one to blame but themselves for that.

Of course they knew Kolb was worse than Fitz. Kolb was just cheaper. Everyone and their mothers knew Kolb was worse than Fitz. This is indisputable.

And how is the Bills lying such a stretch? Do you not recall we have no intention to move Stevie Johnson? Fred Jackson will have a spot on our roster? Mario Williams is playing great football?

Edited by FireChan

Doesn't matter where he goes. He will start for them. In some capacity. In some way.

It's just the Fitz effect.

And that will make, what? Seven teams? Will that be an NFL record?

How many teams did Steve DeBerg play for?

The GM was the one clearing out EEeeeeeeeeeJ's competition.

The same GM who wouldn't sign KO until his HC screamed at him. The same GM who didn't bench EJ for KO for 14 weeks. So I don't know how your "point" contradicts mine.

Orton sat on the sideline for 4 weeks before he got the nod. You're confusing his total games started with how many weeks Orton was on the roster with him.

We also have no clue what Marrone was screaming about, so that's not an accurate statement either.