Report: Fitzy to hit the market

I normally think you're a good poster but you're way off with this. How much easier was their schedule than ours? We had to rally to get to 8-8. They and Fitz played really well until the last game.

True or false, if our qb accounted for 33 tds, do we win more games?

No they didn't. Go back and look at the mighty teams they beat last season. I couldn't care less about his inflated numbers because of the weak schedule. As a starter he sucks and it showed in the two games against the Bills.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally think you're a good poster but you're way off with this. How much easier was their schedule than ours? We had to rally to get to 8-8. They and Fitz played really well until the last game.

Swap our game vs. the Bengals and their game vs. the Browns (set because of 2014 finishes) and we have identical records.

they actually didn't play really well until the last game. They played well in some games and average to poorly in others.

No they didn't. Go back and look at the mighty teams they beat last season. I couldn't care less about his inflated numbers because of the weak schedule. As a starter he sucks and it showed in the two games against the Bills.

You're right. He played that one terrible team twice and padded his stats with 5 tds, 0 ints.

Garbage Patriots :)

Swap our game vs. the Bengals and their game vs. the Browns (set because of 2014 finishes) and we have identical records.

Or them beating the Pats (nearly twice) while we got swept by them.

Fitz played well. Some of you are like bitter exes. :)

they actually didn't play really well until the last game. They played well in some games and average to poorly in others.

Like the Bills?

You are what your record says you are. We would be poking holes at the Bills if they finished 10-6? When was the last time we did that?

Yup, he failed the last game of the year. Still went 10-6 in a team most people thought was going to be bad. The pass Leodis picked is one our qb rarely attempts.

He and they were the beneficiaries of a softer than baby **** schedule. He's a BUM!

Let's be honest, he's somewhere in between. Fitz got consistently better in increments the years between when he left us and started with the Jets. And he did put up numbers in that system that are eyepopping. Better than Sam Bradford, and Bradford got $18M/year with ~20 guaranteed.

You put Fitz on the Broncos, they are Super Bowl contenders again.

But yeah, this year he was in an ideal situation: an OC who knew how to maximize his talents, trading for a star receiver, a sub par run game and a top 5 defense playing a soft schedule.

Let's be honest, he's somewhere in between. Fitz got consistently better in increments the years between when he left us and started with the Jets. And he did put up numbers in that system that are eyepopping. Better than Sam Bradford, and Bradford got $18M/year with ~20 guaranteed.

But yeah, this year he was in an ideal situation: an OC who knew how to maximize his talents, trading for a star receiver, a sub par run game and a top 5 defense playing a soft schedule.

Thanks for being rational.

He had a great year.

I'd be shocked if it happens again.

My family are Jets fans, I was warning them all year about Fitz the tease. He showed his true colors against us in the finale.

Oh I generally agree. But it's kinda embarrassing that we are mocking a qb who might have set a Bills franchise record for tds in a season (can't remember Kelly's season high), beat NE once and almost again with 5 tds and 0 ints, and won 10 games which we haven't done since 2000.

But Fitz sucks I guess. We're in much better shape and should mock him.

You are simply not correct. There is nothing consistent about Ryan Fitzpatrick's game except mediocrity. If he had consistently improved as you claim, he wouldn't have bounced between TEN, HOU, NYJ, and maybe another team.

You are simply not correct. There is nothing consistent about Ryan Fitzpatrick's game except mediocrity. If he had consistently improved as you claim, he wouldn't have bounced between TEN, HOU, NYJ, and maybe another team.

Those are dumb teams and Fitz would have been an upgrade to all those team's qb situations this year (though I understand Tennessee was playing Mariota no matter what).

Fitz is a professional qb and just had the best season of his career. Why mock it?

You realize that rushing TDs count too, right? The Jets Offense finished with 8 more total points than us last year. 0.5 points per game. Would we win more games with 8 more points? I don't know, maybe. The Jets D allowed 45 fewer points than our D though. Would we have won more games if our D allowed 45 fewer points? Probably.

Those are dumb teams and Fitz would have been an upgrade to all those team's qb situations this year (though I understand Tennessee was playing Mariota no matter what).

Fitz is a professional qb and just had the best season of his career. Why mock it?

I don't care and I'm not mocking anything. When I look beyond the one year best numbers, I still see the same old lousy QB who chokes just when his team needs him to come through in the clutch. Any team with him at the helm is on the road to nowhere. He is who he is.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Like the Bills?

You are what your record says you are. We would be poking holes at the Bills if they finished 10-6? When was the last time we did that?

it doesn't have anything to do with the Bills, actually. I was telling you that they, the Jets, didn't play "really well until the last game" as you contend. Edited by YoloinOhio

You realize that rushing TDs count too, right? The Jets Offense finished with 8 more total points than us last year. 0.5 points per game. Would we win more games with 8 more points? I don't know, maybe. The Jets D allowed 45 fewer points than our D though. Would we have won more games if our D allowed 45 fewer points? Probably.

That's fair. Fitz accounted for 33 tds and Taylor had 24.

One guy most people love. The other guy people are crapping on. Bitter exes.

Fitz is a good guy but not a starting QB. Time to accept a backup role in a place where his kids can have a stable home in a place that's familiar to them. Fitz for backup QB in 2016!