Which FA LB is the best option for the Bills?

Which FA LB is the best option?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which FA LB is the best option?

• Nigel Bradham, sign our own
    • Premium FA (Johnson through Laurinaitis)
    • "Dust Settles" FA (Butler through Weatherspoon)
    • None - it should be addressed in the draft only
  2. 2. Who is the best fit and value for the Bills in a 3-4?

• Nigel Bradham
    • Derrick Johnson, KC
    • Danny Travathan, Denver
    • Jerrell Freeman, Indy
    • Zach Brown, Tenn
    • Rolando McClain, Dallas
    • Demario Davis, NYJ
    • James Laurinaitis, Rams
    • Donald Butler, SD
    • Jasper Brinkley, NYG
    • Craig Roberston, Cleveland
    • Ty Powell, Buffalo
    • Erin Henderson, NYJ
    • Mason Foster, Washington
    • Kelvin Sheppard, Miami
    • Sean Weatherspoon, Arizona

Interesting article by Skurski today on the Bills options in the FA LB market. It has been pretty quiet on the Nigel Bradham front mainly due to the focus on Glenn and Incognito. He could still be signed, but they could go elsewhere. I am assuming they will draft a LB as well, but they will need to sign one either a starter or a depth LB in FA. Who do you think they should sign?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/06/bills-must-decide-if-bradham-is-a-fit-for-defense/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Bills must decide if Bradham is a fit for defense

251125-1024x930.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think a couple dust settle guys can go along way Rolondo McClain Would be a great fit for the value 3/4mil per yr. Davis would be good also considering he knows the scheme and Lining people up in this system is very important. He'd also be a great asset in the locker room in film study etc,etc.

I would sign these 2players and draft someone in the middle rds to develop.

Not sure whether he is a "Premium FA" or not, but I think Mason Foster would excel in this defense. Liked the guy coming out of Washington. I had seen him play a few times in college. I think he was a poor fit in Tampa, but you saw him play very well for Washington last year when he got on the field. Pretty instinctive, good tackler, and an overall solid player. I don't believe he would be that expensive either.

Not sure whether he is a "Premium FA" or not, but I think Mason Foster would excel in this defense. Liked the guy coming out of Washington. I had seen him play a few times in college. I think he was a poor fit in Tampa, but you saw him play very well for Washington last year when he got on the field. Pretty instinctive, good tackler, and an overall solid player. I don't believe he would be that expensive either.

according to Skurski's article, he's a "dust settles" type player. I would agree with that.

I chose NONE.

I think the Bills would be wise to copy what the Cardinals did at the ILB position this year with Deone Bucannon. You need one of your ILBs to quickly cover sideline to sideline and to cover TEs.

I chose NONE.

I think the Bills would be wise to copy what the Cardinals did at the ILB position this year with Deone Bucannon. You need one of your ILBs to quickly cover sideline to sideline and to cover TEs.

so, draft a guy like Darron Lee or Sua Cravens?

i do think the draft needs to help Bills significantly at LB this year, and i expect more than one to be drafted.

Ty Powell is a bit of a wildcard

bumping your post in this thread so you remember we are talking about Bradham and LBs to replace him ;)

bumping your post in this thread so you remember we are talking about Bradham and LBs to replace him ;)

I suppose i say i have seen little argument to keep him or dump him. Much less any interest from other teams> but i suppose that might change come Wednesday.

Thank you for your kind reminder of where i left my mind. age will do that

Deion Jones is the LB I want if he is there in the 2nd round. I haven't seen much love for him as far as Buffalo is concerned.

I might think LBs are something the Bills are digging deep into this draft. Starting LBs both inside and out

Edited by 3rdand12

I suppose i say i have seen little argument to keep him or dump him. Much less any interest from other teams> but i suppose that might change come Wednesday.

Thank you for your kind reminder of where i left my mind. age will do that

I might think LBs are something the Bills are digging deep into this draft. Starting LBs both inside and out

i think the discussion was mostly during the season and most concluded that he's a better fit for a 4-3 but if he wants to stay for cheap (why would he) then ok. I expect he will leave, but not coming off of a great and really has only had one since coming into the league. His market will be interesting.

i think the discussion was mostly during the season and most concluded that he's a better fit for a 4-3 but if he wants to stay for cheap (why would he) then ok. I expect he will leave, but not coming off of a great and really has only had one since coming into the league. His market will be interesting.

that is kinda what i was wondering.

I would be pleased if his "down" season affected his offers and we could keep him. Bills are thin enough at linebacker in my estimation

Rex spoke highly of Powell before he got injured. Wonder if the Bills are thinking to pick up a veteran low cost LB in FA as insurance so they can take a gamble on Jaylon Smith. Some say he won't go in round after medical exams at the combine. May not be able to play at all this year. Could be a trade down, to pick up additional picks and go DL and LB.

Rex spoke highly of Powell before he got injured. Wonder if the Bills are thinking to pick up a veteran low cost LB in FA as insurance so they can take a gamble on Jaylon Smith. Some say he won't go in round after medical exams at the combine. May not be able to play at all this year. Could be a trade down, to pick up additional picks and go DL and LB.

Powell's knee could also be a concern.

at his price point he was probably never in consideration... But you never know

TBH I'm not entirely sure how the tender process works. I understand the compensation changes based upon level of tender offered but the part I'm unsure of is the contract offer itself. So Denver gets to pay him 2.55 million which is a basement bargain...what would we have to pay him?

Sorry for the foolish question I typically know my stuff but the RFA thing seems like it gives teams way to much control.