OH WOW! I got NAILED with a puck today!

NavyBillsFan

...and nothing less funny than being the guy that took the hit.

How many seasons has America's Funniest Home videos thrived on cute kids/animals and guys getting hit in the nuts?

244840[/snapback]

I was flipping channels the other day and this guy was teaching his young son how to hit a golf ball. He stood about 10 feet to the side and a little forward. Needless to say, the kid pegged him square with a one in a billion shot. I'd almost bet the dude lost a nut - but it was still damn funny.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...and nothing less funny than being the guy that took the hit.

How many seasons has America's Funniest Home videos thrived on cute kids/animals and guys getting hit in the nuts?

244840[/snapback]

Why is it that watching a guy get nailed in the balls is so funny?

I mean, it wasn't funny on America's Funniest Home Videos, because you knew it was coming. But in real life, it's always funny, even though we know how bad it hurts.

I mean, it wasn't funny on America's Funniest Home Videos, because you knew it was coming. But in real life, it's always funny, even though we know how bad it hurts.

It must be like it's an inside joke only men get because we've all been there. Ever seen some of the Jackass episodes where they purposely get hit? Johnny Knoxville had a cup on and got hit with a bat, a paintball gun, and then they dropped a cueball off a roof down onto his nuts. I was crying laughing the first time I saw it.

You ever have someone come up and give you a hard flick of their finger right on the bottom of your nutsack when you're not paying attention? A guy on my softball team used to sneak up and do it. It's like a delayed reaction, and then all of the sudden you get the sick stomach feeling.

You ever have someone come up and give you a hard flick of their finger right on the bottom of your nutsack when you're not paying attention?  A guy on my softball team used to sneak up and do it.  It's like a delayed reaction, and then all of the sudden you get the sick stomach feeling.

244880[/snapback]

are you kidding... in high school, we always used to do that sh--..

it got so bad when you walked past certain people, you just covered you sack on instinct.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the time Dave Pallone got nailed in the jewels with a Nolan Ryan one-hop fastball.

This happened sometime in the mid-'80s and the Astros were playing the Mets. Pallone set up outside Alan Ashby, I think it was, and peered over Ashby's left shoulder. Ryan threw a low and outside fastball that bounced once (it may have even just caught the corner of the plate itself and kicked up at an odd angle) and nailed Pallone square in the jewels. Oh my god.

Pallone was able to get up after about 10 minutes or so, and actually finished the game. (!) A couple of innings later, Tim McCarver and Steve Zabriskie were discussing a bad ball-strike call and McCarver said, "In fairness, Dave Pallone is operating under considerable duress at the moment." :w00t:

It must be like it's an inside joke only men get because we've all been there.  Ever seen some of the Jackass episodes where they purposely get hit?  Johnny Knoxville had a cup on and got hit with a bat, a paintball gun, and then they dropped a cueball off a roof down onto his nuts.  I was crying laughing the first time I saw it.

You ever have someone come up and give you a hard flick of their finger right on the bottom of your nutsack when you're not paying attention?  A guy on my softball team used to sneak up and do it.  It's like a delayed reaction, and then all of the sudden you get the sick stomach feeling.

244880[/snapback]

that's an interesting visual.

You ever have someone come up and give you a hard flick of their finger right on the bottom of your nutsack when you're not paying attention?  A guy on my softball team used to sneak up and do it.

244880[/snapback]

He would have only done it to me once, especially if I had a bat in my hands.

I was flipping channels the other day and this guy was teaching his young son how to hit a golf ball.  He stood about 10 feet to the side and a little forward.  Needless to say, the kid pegged him square with a one in a billion shot.  I'd almost bet the dude lost a nut - but it was still damn funny.

244854[/snapback]

See there is something funnier than a guy getting hit in the nuts. It's a guy getting hit in the nuts by a cute kid. :o

We were doing M-203 (mounted grenade launcher) training at the range one day. While I was demonstrating how to properly load the weapon, the other instructor snuck up behind me and cup checked me - knocking me to my knees. Much laughter from the masses. Though being smart, he took off running.

Without even thinking, I picked up the loaded weapon and shot him squarely in the back with the already chambered powder-filled dummy round from about 25 feet. Knocked him face first into the dirt. His body armor had a sweet circular dent in it surrounded by orange powder - looked like an eclipse.

Ah, memories.

We were doing M-203 (mounted grenade launcher) training at the range one day.  While I was demonstrating how to properly load the weapon, the other instructor snuck up behind me and cup checked me - knocking me to my knees.  Much laughter from the masses.  Though being smart, he took off running.

Without even thinking, I picked up the loaded weapon and shot him squarely in the back with the already chambered powder-filled dummy round from about 25 feet.  Knocked him face first into the dirt.  His body armor had a sweet  circular dent in it surrounded by orange powder - looked like an eclipse.

Ah, memories.

244901[/snapback]

Jesus.... couldn't that have killed the guy?

Jesus.... couldn't that have killed the guy?

244904[/snapback]

No. The dummy round is made of plastic and filled with orange powder. There isn't much propellant (the max range of an M203 is about 350 yards). I suppose if I'd shot him in the head...

I didn't say it was the smartest thing I've ever done, nor would I have done it if I'd have thought about it at the time. The lesson here is: "Don't cup check someone who's holding a loaded weapon."

FWIW, he and I laugh about it to this day.

I was playing Golf with a Foursome a couple of years back.

while myself and another of the group waited, well behind him, the third kind of stayed a little to the right of the player about to tee off.

On the tee box there was the blue markers, they were wood pegs stuck into the ground. Well this guy tee's off and hits the marker and it send the ball right into this guys nuts to the right of us.

Needless to say, we had to let a few foursomes play through while this guy tried to get up off the ground.

God, that was funny.

We were doing M-203 (mounted grenade launcher) training at the range one day.  While I was demonstrating how to properly load the weapon, the other instructor snuck up behind me and cup checked me - knocking me to my knees.  Much laughter from the masses.  Though being smart, he took off running.

Without even thinking, I picked up the loaded weapon and shot him squarely in the back with the already chambered powder-filled dummy round from about 25 feet.  Knocked him face first into the dirt.  His body armor had a sweet  circular dent in it surrounded by orange powder - looked like an eclipse.

Ah, memories.

244901[/snapback]

Classic...

We did a 203 range the night before we went on leave. We got back to the barracks and started drinking heavily. Somebody managed to sneak back a bunch of unused 203 rounds. The armor went down to the arms room and pulled out a 203 for us. For the rest of the night we shot off 203 rounds at the surrounding barracks. :o

The next morning came around and everything was florescent orange. Oddly enough, nobody said a word about it.