[closed]Mario Quit on Team with Video Proof

Mario should thank the Bills for giving him millions of dollars last year for essentially doing the same thing for which the Bills paid St. Doug.

I defended Mario until he quit on his team and teammates last year.

Also, contrast the statements that Leodis, Boobie, and Kraig Urbik have made upon being released with Mario's . . . oh wait, has he bothered to say anything (unless I missed it, the answer is NO). If anyone should be thanking the Bills, it is Mario. ("Money for nothing and . . . .")

Edited by Peter

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is an Old Testament term used by the Children of Israel in Leviticus 16. When they sacrificed the lamb or goat that was an atonement for their sins the priest Aaron would take the blood from the sacrificed lamb and put it on the back of the goat and send it into the wilderness. The goat did nothing wrong but was used to signify carrying the guilt of the nation out of the camp. Mario is not a scapegoat because he caused this to come upon himself.

Think of Rex's antiquated system as lamb's blood if you must. If he had not been forced to wear it, he'd still be fine. He was forced to jump off of a bridge. As a professional he should have done it with a smile instead of a frown, but gravity would have still taken its toll.

Preston Brown has already had the prepatory splattering for 2016 but he is not a big enough goat.

To paraphrase Jaws: We're gonna need a bigger goat.

Think of Rex's antiquated system as lamb's blood if you must. If he had not been forced to wear it, he'd still be fine. He was forced to jump off of a bridge. As a professional he should have done it with a smile instead of a frown, but gravity would have still taken its toll.

Preston Brown has already had the prepatory splattering for 2016 but he is not a big enough goat.

:lol: :lol: You have more bluster than Rex.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Even with his bonehead penalties Hughes played a lot better dealing with the same "lambs blood". I never saw Hughes give up on plays he would make tackles in pursuit beyond the LOS and when asked to drop into coverage he did good. Hughes had forced fumbles and makes any excuse supa makes for his performance and attitude invalid.

Even with his bonehead penalties Hughes played a lot better dealing with the same "lambs blood". I never saw Hughes give up on plays he would make tackles in pursuit beyond the LOS and when asked to drop into coverage he did good. Hughes had forced fumbles and makes any excuse supa makes for his performance and attitude invalid.

Great defense in 2014. Crap defense in 2015. Coaching change in between.

Everyone blame Mario.

Great defense in 2014. Crap defense in 2015. Coaching change in between.

Everyone blame Mario.

I dont think its that.

Most now wisely blames Mario for Mario.

Some say there are to many threads on Mario Williams sucktitude.

I think this one should seal the deal. Nice share OP

He gave nearly no effort nearly all the time. dragged others down with him, see Dareus and P brown perhaps Bradham too.

Kids looked up to him. Thats the heartbreak here honestly.

But he is gone now and

lets just move on.

? I'm the life of the party bro.

you sure? 0:)

He gave nearly no effort nearly all the time. dragged others down with him, see Dareus and P brown perhaps Bradham too.

Kids looked up to him. Thats the heartbreak here honestly.

But he is gone now and

lets just move on.

So most of the defense that played great in 2014 played crappy in 2015 because.....Mario. Got it.

Question: When we move on and they play crappy again in 2016 do we still blame Mario or is part of moving on finding someone new to blame when we play crappy again in 2016?

So most of the defense that played great in 2014 played crappy in 2015 because.....Mario. Got it.

Question: When we move on and they play crappy again in 2016 do we still blame Mario or is part of moving on finding someone new to blame when we play crappy again in 2016?

Mario gave NO effort for most of the season. That is worse than not playing well.

I did not say anything like that. i have only isolated Mario as being an asshat

I haven't heard - or read - anyone saying that Mario's lack of effort was the single most important reason the defense struggled last year.

But it certainly didn't help and his lack of effort was disturbing. Whatever disagreement he had with Rex, he owed it to the fans and - especially - to his teammates to play harder. I'm glad he was cut.

Well Mario still won't be playing for the Bills in 2016, no reason that can't carry over.

After thinking about this for a while, I say "well played, Mario". He doesn't want to be here and it's simply cuz of Rex. He played his way out if this mess and can go where ever he wants. Well played. He knew he was a gonner at the end of the season anyway. I'm pretty sure at least 1 or 2 defenders on the bills would love to be on that position. I think he makes the pro bowl next yr.

After thinking about this for a while, I say "well played, Mario". He doesn't want to be here and it's simply cuz of Rex. He played his way out if this mess and can go where ever he wants. Well played. He knew he was a gonner at the end of the season anyway. I'm pretty sure at least 1 or 2 defenders on the bills would love to be on that position. I think he makes the pro bowl next yr.

I think he will have cost himself a lot of money. We'll see what kind of contract he gets but suitors will be wary given what he put on film.

I think he will have cost himself a lot of money. We'll see what kind of contract he gets but suitors will be wary given what he put on film.

I certainly will be watching. did he screw the Bills and outsmart himself? or is he an evil genius.

stay tuned.

someone should start the poll as to where he goes and how much his offer sheet will be

I certainly will be watching. did he screw the Bills and outsmart himself? or is he an evil genius.

stay tuned.

someone should start the poll as to where he goes and how much his offer sheet will be

He may indeed have cost himself money and if so he has himself to blame for that to the extent that he quit....which has been far overblown on this board. At some point in the season he likely realized Rex's unworkable antiquated scheme would not work and Rex would not change. Anybody with his talent would be depressed about the untapped potential the defensive scheme was wasting. He should have righted himself and played out the string hard.

For high pay or low play he will probably have a strong 2016 because he is a very talented player and whoever picks him up will want to use his talents. Rex inherited him and did not want to use his talents. Mario was not the only player on the D roster of course so there are more bridges for Rex to burn while we waste draft picks assembling a defense from scratch because Rex knows one thing. And that thing doesn't work anymore.

With Mario gone and Brown already thrown under the bus, it will be interesting to see who is next to bear the brunt of the blame. I think it could be Kyle Williams who has no position in Rex's D, or Dareus who will have to play an uncomfortable position.

I'm sure Whaley will draft players that fit Rex's scheme because ehe has no choice. If Billings is there, he is the pick. He is a good player but of course will prevent us from shoring up the O-Line in the first.

I'm not defending Mario but two totally different style players. The defense would certainly fit Hughes skills more so than Mario.

He may indeed have cost himself money and if so he has himself to blame for that to the extent that he quit....which has been far overblown on this board. At some point in the season he likely realized Rex's unworkable antiquated scheme would not work and Rex would not change. Anybody with his talent would be depressed about the untapped potential the defensive scheme was wasting. He should have righted himself and played out the string hard.

For high pay or low play he will probably have a strong 2016 because he is a very talented player and whoever picks him up will want to use his talents. Rex inherited him and did not want to use his talents. Mario was not the only player on the D roster of course so there are more bridges for Rex to burn while we waste draft picks assembling a defense from scratch because Rex knows one thing. And that thing doesn't work anymore.

With Mario gone and Brown already thrown under the bus, it will be interesting to see who is next to bear the brunt of the blame. I think it could be Kyle Williams who has no position in Rex's D, or Dareus who will have to play an uncomfortable position.

I'm sure Whaley will draft players that fit Rex's scheme because ehe has no choice. If Billings is there, he is the pick. He is a good player but of course will prevent us from shoring up the O-Line in the first.

You're making zero sense dude.

You're conceding that Mario quit mid-season, yet you're calling him a "scapegoat." I don't see anyone letting Rex off of the hook, either. Can't there be more than one factor at play?

Stop trying to stir the pot for no reason.