Cordy Glenn Signs Franchise Tender

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is excellent news!

Signing the franchise tender that quickly could mean that they know a long-term deal is close. If he wanted to, he could hold the team hostage by not signing it...glad that isn't the case.

Much more amicable than when Byrd was tagged. Bodes well for an extension as you noted.

Much more amicable than when Byrd was tagged. Bodes well for an extension as you noted.

Yep...a happy player with a guaranteed contract in his back pocket is far more likely to sign a long-term deal than an unhappy one.

The signing of the franchise tender also means that he has no interest in negotiating with other teams...not that I think too many teams are lined up to give up 2 1st-round picks for him, but still, that's positive.

This is excellent news!

Signing the franchise tender that quickly could mean that they know a long-term deal is close. If he wanted to, he could hold the team hostage by not signing it...glad that isn't the case.

Absolutely!

I think he wants to remain a Bill.

I agree but to play Devil's advocate, he still has the right now to negotiate with other teams. The door could be open for him to shop himself around.

Btw- the counter balance to this us that I highly doubt anyone gives up 2 first rounders for him. He is good but not that good.

Despite a deal not being worked out yet, this shows that Glenn is actually a guy who wants to be here imo. You see a lot of these players catch a case of the red arse, hold out, pitch a fit, or whatever. Glenn is in the building 3 days later signing his deal.

I agree but to play Devil's advocate, he still has the right now yo negotiate with other teams. The door could be open for him to shop himself around.

Btw- the counter balance to this us that I highly doubt anyone gives up 2 first rounders for him. He is good but not that good.

@TyDunne

#Bills still have until July 15 to negotiate a long-term deal. Also, most of Pat Dye's tagged clients ink multi-yr deals before tag expires.

@pecrawleynfl

Patrick Crawley Retweeted Tyler Dunne

Also represents Ryan Clady, who turned franchise tag into long-term deal with Broncos in 2013 offseason.

I agree but to play Devil's advocate, he still has the right now yo negotiate with other teams. The door could be open for him to shop himself around.

Nope.

Now that he's signed the tender, he does not have the right to negotiate with teams. He's under contract.

This is excellent news!

Says to me he wants to be here. :beer:

Yep...a happy player with a guaranteed contract in his back pocket is far more likely to sign a long-term deal than an unhappy one.

The signing of the franchise tender also means that he has no interest in negotiating with other teams...not that I think too many teams are lined up to give up 2 1st-round picks for him, but still, that's positive.

I am stoked Cordy is back. Hopefully, we sign Richie now! That being said- imagine a team(let's say Raiders or Jax) with a ton of cap room and a need at LT overpays for Cordy. We land 2 picks- possibly a top 5, and we free up $13.9million. We sign Schwartz to play RT, we sign Richie, we have additional cap room to add another piece or two, we draft Miles with our first pick, add a LT with our second pick, and we have two first round picks next year. Tell me that is not a great scenario

I am stoked Cordy is back. Hopefully, we sign Richie now! That being said- imagine a team(let's say Raiders or Jax) with a ton of cap room and a need at LT overpays for Cordy. We land 2 picks- possibly a top 5, and we free up $13.9million. We sign Schwartz to play RT, we sign Richie, we have additional cap room to add another piece or two, we draft Miles with our first pick, add a LT with our second pick, and we have two first round picks next year. Tell me that is not a great scenario

Cordy signed. Other teams can't negotiate anymore. Only us.

Edited by Rubes

I wonder where he is in the picture. Probably his agent's office based on all of the jerseys

Cordy is the guy sitting at the table with a pen in his hand.

Seriously though, the man has a kidney removed before training camp a couple years ago and doesn't miss a snap. If only everyone had that kind of commitment.

I'm looking at you, Mario.

GO BILLS!!!