LEODIS OUT!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, I'd imagine, depending on how expensive he is.

Sad to see Leo go, to a certain extent. I liked having him as an insurance policy as a 3rd corner, but he was always frustrating as a starter. Lots of talent, but never seemed to be able to put it all together consistently.

The fumbles killed me.....every time in a crucial moment you could count on Leodis to fumble away a possession on a punt return wen we needed it.

We haven't released anyone that is a loss at this point. If it was the Mario of the previous three years, ok, but not last year. If we resign RI and CG from these moves and don't release anyone else of value, we're fine.

agree, though I think Ubrik was a more solid back up then Mills tbh.

Cro is one year older and was due to make $8M or $9M this year.

McKelvin had a cap hit of $4.9M and was due to be paid $3.9M this year

I could be wrong, but I don't think we can sign Cro for McKelvin money. Should we want to?

I'm admittedly intrigued by the Cro at safety possibilities, with how well he knows Rex's defense.

Cro is one year older and was due to make $8M or $9M this year.

McKelvin had a cap hit of $4.9M and was due to be paid $3.9M this year

I could be wrong, but I don't think we can sign Cro for McKelvin money. Should we want to?

Agree 100%. Cromartie doesn't seem logical as a McKelvin replacement but he could be a safety candidate if they can get his salary demands down. Even there, however he'd be a very high priced backup behind Graham and Williams.

Agree 100%. Cromartie doesn't seem logical as a McKelvin replacement but he could be a safety candidate if they can get his salary demands down. Even there, however he'd be a very high priced backup behind Graham and Williams.

Cro to Graham's position, Graham to Leo's. That seems like an upgrade to me.

Cro was ridiculously overpaid last year. He's not worth much. I don't know what he signs for but it shouldn't be a lot unless some team is desperate and has tons of cap space. Actually, Jax really needs corners. Maybe he goes there. If he comes here it will be for cheap. We have Brooks roster spot open and Leo's.

He improved dramatically in this area in the last two seasons. Before then it was. :sick:

Yep. I could rarely understand him but I appreciated his play the last couple years - when he was healthy.

Worth $4 million? Probably not - at least not in our cap-restrained universe.

But I worry that we don't have enough good corners any more in a passing league.

Definitely was sweet and all, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't write a word of it. Who goes on to twitter and praises the organization they were just fired from this morning? This is just his agent making sure no bridges are burnt and he's still employable elsewhere.

I think those were his words. Yes, they may been originally composed solely using the "100" emoji, but it was translated perfectly.

Has to be... i will be livid!

not sure that's happening .... unless the only way to sign Incognito is to release Kyle... then it might, just might happen.. OLine is way more important than D Line in today's NFL. their both old, so .... tough call.. Rex's defense is based on scheme execution , not individual talent (other than cornerbacks, who need to be all world).. so , pretty sure Kyle doesn't get past this year optimistically..

At least we don't have to worry about a ST fumble in the Patriots game next year.

and having a $4m cap hit to get that ST fumble or two or three. let him mess up someone's else's primetime game... he's done enough damage here

Because Searcy was gone and Duke Williams was hurrendous and Meeks is MIA and because Darby was BPA and because the rest of the offseason acquisitions last year were on offense.

That's the only reason? Personally, I think he also lost a little speed.

I don't think switching back to CB is an option for Graham.

Edited by FireChan

That's the only reason? Personally, I think he also lost a little speed.

I don't think switching back to CB is an option for Graham.

The only reason? I gave you five.

I don't discount the sixth one you provided, however.

How essential is speed for CB3, however?

The only reason? I gave you five.

I don't discount the sixth one you provided, however.

How essential is speed for CB3, however?

Your 5 reasons essentially boiled down to need at S, not at CB.

I think it's still pretty essential. Especially when WR's move around. Less essential than CB1? Probably. But not by much.

You also have to factor in the depth. Do you want a slow CB having to guard a TY Hilton type if someone misses time?

Edited by FireChan

Your 5 reasons essentially boiled down to need at S, not at CB.

I think it's still pretty essential. Especially when WR's move around. Less essential than CB1? Probably. But not by much.

You also have to factor in the depth. Do you want a slow CB having to guard a TY Hilton type if someone misses time?

Since AW went down in week 2, I've been pretty adamant about our glaring need for safety(s).

I believe that need remains.

Since AW went down in week 2, I've been pretty adamant about our glaring need for safety(s).

I believe that need remains.

I really don't see why you think that. If Williams comes back, then Williams and Graham with Rambo playing in spot duty is a pretty strong lineup at safety, IMO. Graham had 127 tackles last season with 2 picks. What more do you want? The only reason to consider Cromartie is as an insurance policy against Williams not making it.

Personally, I think they're just going to draft a CB in the first couple of days and call it a day as far as the secondary goes.

Edited by vincec

Collateral damage from the Whaley/Rex spending spree of 2015. Now they'll be looking for bargain bin UFA pickups or draft picks to take his place, a position of apparent priority for Rex's defenses.

Better hope Gilmore plays a full 16 which he hasn't done since his rookie season in 2012.

Would a first round corner really surprise you?