LEODIS OUT!

Ok let's.

FWIW I hope Rex's fully pregnant scheme wins the day in 2016. I just don't expect it based on past performance. If you expect it to win then great. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it wins, you'll get to say I told you so and also get to see it win. I'll be perfectly happy to hear all of the I told you so's in the world.

Yay....let's be negative all the time so if we stink, well, at least I'm right, and if we are great then I'll be happy to hear that I was wrong. What a great way to go through life.

Edited by Mark80

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda disappointed with this, I think he's good depth. I can understand how his position on the team doesn't merit his contract, though.

thats why i wonder what they offered him. Was he that insulted? Especially after his public statement about taking a cut in pay.

Yay....let's be negative all the time so if we stink, well, at least I'm right, and if we are great then I'll be happy to hear that I was wrong. What a great way to go through life.

is there another way? just wondering?

maybe i should re evaluate myself?

naw that's almost like work

lolzz

thats why i wonder what they offered him. Was he that insulted? Especially after his public statement about taking a cut in pay.

is there another way? just wondering?

maybe i should re evaluate myself?

naw that's almost like work

lolzz

he did say he would take a pay cut to stay, but that was awhile ago and his agent may have gotten to him since then and said that he could get a better deal elsewhere. Since this is likely his final contract, I'm thinking he decided against the pay cut (if offered). There is a ton of money out there with other teams and he plays a valuable position.

The point wasn't even about who will be right or wrong in 2016, it was for him to back up his assertion that Rex's scheme is outdated or antiquated in today's NFL. His politician like dance to avoid answering the question with any real depth and breadth is all you need to consider.

he did say he would take a pay cut to stay, but that was awhile ago and his agent may have gotten to him since then and said that he could get a better deal elsewhere. Since this is likely his final contract, I'm thinking he decided against the pay cut (if offered). There is a ton of money out there with other teams and he plays a valuable position.

could be. one of my gripes with the NFL these days. Never see a player retire from the Company he worked so hard for.

oh well

That is business

Headed into last season it was pretty clear that Leodis wasn't going to be around in '16, that became even more obvious the better Darby played in the preseason while McKelvin was on the shelf. So it's not a surprise but I'll buck the trend in the thread I guess and say I'll miss Leo. He was a good teammate who was better than a lot of fans gave him credit for. In '14 he played his best football as a Bill and should have been / would have been Hawaii bound had he not gotten hurt. He overcame a lot through his years in Buffalo and was always an entertaining interview.

All that said, the Bills can get better for cheaper.

Good luck, Leodis. Thanks for the years in Buffalo. :beer:

Good riddance. The last of the amazing run of horrible first round picks from the last decade. Will be easily replaced for less $.

I don't know about easily replaced, and I don't agree that he was a horrible first round pick (in fact he was one of the better ones to come out of the last bit of the Ralph era), but I do agree he can be replaced.

I have to believe a contract extension with Gilmore happens soon.

Agreed. That's what this signals to me, that and their confidence in Butler.

We're down two corners now - Leodis and Mario.......

:lol: :lol:

:beer:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Headed into last season it was pretty clear that Leodis wasn't going to be around in '16, that became even more obvious the better Darby played in the preseason while McKelvin was on the shelf. So it's not a surprise but I'll buck the trend in the thread I guess and say I'll miss Leo. He was a good teammate who was better than a lot of fans gave him credit for. In '14 he played his best football as a Bill and should have been / would have been Hawaii bound had he not gotten hurt. He overcame a lot through his years in Buffalo and was always an entertaining interview.

All that said, the Bills can get better for cheaper.

Good luck, Leodis. Thanks for the years in Buffalo. :beer:

I don't know about easily replaced, and I don't agree that he was a horrible first round pick (in fact he was one of the better ones to come out of the last bit of the Ralph era), but I do agree he can be replaced.

Agreed. That's what this signals to me, that and their confidence in Butler.

:lol: :lol:

:beer:

Do we still use tea leaves in 2016?

When the rumors about Cromartie meeting with the Bills came out, I figured this might happen. If it's a swap for Cro, pushed by Rex, then they better get a good deal. I thought a discounted Leo would be the best choice for the #3 CB. We'll see.

When the rumors about Cromartie meeting with the Bills came out, I figured this might happen. If it's a swap for Cro, pushed by Rex, then they better get a good deal. I thought a discounted Leo would be the best choice for the #3 CB. We'll see.

I agree.

Leodis turn your head around.

Over/under on coaches that said that?

Henderson fixed his swivel when he told him to " become the receiver" when the ball was in the air.

Worked for Darby too it seems

I think that's pretty easy dots to connect...

gawd i hope not. too much money for too little ability.

would rather kept Leo if thats is the case. I could really get soured if baby daddy shows up

Had a tough year especially with the injury and not much left there, but man, the pick against the Eagles and the one against the jets that saved something from the season may have been the two greatest plays of his lengthy underrated career.

his read on the ball was sweet. went out on a high note at least.