Pressing Plates, Would Ya?

i wouldn't bother putting a plate on.

i see more than enough vehicles, at a surprising rate, without license plates. hell, when i bought my car in NC years ago and lived in Ohio I drove around with a 30 day tag for about 6 months and never got pulled.

i wouldn't bother putting a plate on.

i see more than enough vehicles, at a surprising rate, without license plates. hell, when i bought my car in NC years ago and lived in Ohio I drove around with a 30 day tag for about 6 months and never got pulled.

We've reported you as the statute of limitations is not up. You better flee because the law is on its way.

Especially w/plate scanning tech... Not sure what cops have, but I know some in the repo business... They can grab a plate going the other way down the road. HECK, on of the biggest repo days is trolling the parking lots on BlackFriday... Hook and go! LMAO!!!!

This exactly! I used to do skip tracing work for an auto loan company and black Friday is one of the best days to hook 'em and book 'em. Unrelated threadjack, I once got the 411 on a soon-to-be bridesmaid's car, by calling her mother and (I assume the statute of limitations is up) posing as a friend, asked what time and day the wedding was because I lost the invitation. Sure enough, post ceremony, someone was bumming a ride or cussing profusely.

This exactly! I used to do skip tracing work for an auto loan company and black Friday is one of the best days to hook 'em and book 'em. Unrelated threadjack, I once got the 411 on a soon-to-be bridesmaid's car, by calling her mother and (I assume the statute of limitations is up) posing as a friend, asked what time and day the wedding was because I lost the invitation. Sure enough, post ceremony, someone was bumming a ride or cussing profusely.

God Bless your soul! LMAO... WTF are they out shopping (Black Friday story) and not making a note payment.

Priorties people... Peeps like Bullpen keeping you honest!

Oh...

Betcha that wedding gift check bounced!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

God Bless your soul! LMAO... WTF are they out shopping (Black Friday story) and not making a note payment.

Priorties people... Peeps like Bullpen keeping you honest!

Oh...

Betcha that wedding gift check bounced!!

I'm glad I didn't work weekend shifts, but I would imagine the Saturday afternoon call was interesting. I wish we had social media back when I did that job, it would have been so much easier in today's "Share everything" world.

I admit I did get written up at the job one time when my boss found out I was sending out various city (Detroit, Flint, Dayton, etc) bus schedules to over-45-day delinquent accounts. I think they thought it was funny and creative, but my mistake was sending them in company embossed envelopes.

• 3 weeks later...
So true! NYS is so facist!

NYS I think is called "forced plate insurance"... The registration # is tied to the VIN # even... I found out the hard way.

My sibling was going through a rough spell a few decades ago. They let their insurance lapse. They SAY that they simply forgot to pay on time. It happens, floating and juggling finances I guess. YES, I know this is bad, but in NYS, the insurance company immediately has to notify DMV and they suspend your license. Needless to say, of course they got in a fender bender. My sibling agreed to pay for the damage and did... Keep things all hushed up. Something like only $800. Anyway, they squared away the insurance thing and brought the policy up to date. Fine, no harm no foul right... Ut oh! Forgot about that pesky suspended license thing! Wait... Some how NYS found out about the accident (through the suspended license) and froze the sale on the car for 18 months, they couldn't (anybody, even a buyer) register that car in NYS. Their license was still suspended too! This put them in a really bad lurch... Kinda like blaming the gun for killing the person. Sure, blame the person, suspend their license... But let them sell the car so somebody else can use it. Like get the dough so they can arrange alternate transportation... Or let somebody else use the car to drive them around!....But NO! Not in NYS... The vehicle had to sit for 18 months!!!

Well... This the story I was told... Maybe it was worse and some how alcohol or DUI was involved, or other unresolved issues... But why punish the asset (vehicle) and dig a deeper more desperate financial hole for the person in question? The will just get more desperate and find themselves in a deeper legal bind. Desparate people do desperate things!

Now... With that being said, there was a silver lining. That sibling had another sibling in another State... ;-) ;-) That "other State" sibling had a vehicle too... ;-) ;-) Anyway, they arranged to "swap" or trade vehicles, the NYS car could now be sold or registered in the other State... ;-) ;-) The "other" State sibling did get the better of the swap, a vehicle four years younger... BUT that newer vehicle wasn't maintained as well as the older vehicle... /wallbash ;-) ;-)

Just an example how bad NYS is... At least let people sell of their assets... The car didn't do the crime!

Illinois... You can walk off the car lot and you have around 30 days to notify your insurance company of the new ride... Old insurance suffices for a while on new car. Not in NYS... That new car HAS to be plated and insured specifically for that vehicle the second one drives off the lot w/it.

Say what you will about Illinois... It is still no NYS... Close, but no NYS! ;-) ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois