Border Patrol Ordered To Stand Down

Obama reinstates ‘catch-and-release’ policy for illegal immigrants

The Obama administration has revived the maligned illegal immigrant “catch-and-release” policy of the Bush years, ordering Border Patrol agents not to bother arresting and deporting many new illegal immigrants, the head of the agents’ labor union revealed Thursday.

Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, told Congress that Homeland Security was embarrassed by the number of illegal immigrants not showing up for their deportation hearings, but instead of cracking down on the immigrants, the department ordered agents not to arrest them in the first place — meaning they no longer need to show up for court.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the Border Patrol, did not deny Mr. Judd’s claim but said agents have been instructed to prioritize whom they arrest.

More at the Link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/4/obama-reinstates-catch-and-release-policy-illegals/?page=all

It isn’t because the agents are no longer needed. On the contrary, they are needed more than ever.

The Department of Homeland Security … is budgeting for 300 fewer [border Patrol] agents in 2017 than they did for this fiscal year.

Since September, Border Patrol agents have been catching more unaccompanied children and families at the border. “One, we have people turning themselves in at unprecedented rates. Then we have the people that are always coming in illegally,” National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 Vice President Chris Cabrera said. “Then we have the drug flow that’s coming north and the money that’s going south and guns that are going south. And to cut jobs at a time like this is a recipe for disaster.”

http://www.krgv.com/story/31360185/fewer-agents-projected-to-patrol-border

But one person’s disaster is another person’s glorious fundamental transformation of America.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have anything at all to say about this topic? Why are you even posting here? Just to be annoying?

If you read the thread, you'll see that I have indeed been participating, but right now I'm just trying to annoy you.

I see a frustrated little boy venting.

I said immigrants are good for the economy. Your (ignorant) response?

Venting? No just pointing out your hypocrisy. Now go back again and what is your first response to this thread and how it contributed.

BTW we're not talking whether immigration is good for the economy here. But you knew that right?

No. I think what gives me perspective is living for 30 years in CA. More than half of those working with a mainly illegal work force. I spend 12 hours a day working side by side and learning about them. Why they are here and what their motives are. They don't give a **** about the US. They (not all of course but a good amount) don't even bother to learn the language. I worked with a guy who was in his 60's and I was told he was in this country longer than Mexico but didn't speak a word of English. Not a !@#$ing word!

English is not a requirement to live here. Many Germans, Italians and others didn't learn English in the first generations either. So what? You want to hold back the country's economy because you don't like these people? What a waste

English is not a requirement to live here. Many Germans, Italians and others didn't learn English in the first generations either. So what? You want to hold back the country's economy because you don't like these people? What a waste

Those people did however stress that their children learn English, because they were smart enough to know that if you want a chance to attain anything in life at all, you need to be able to communicate with people. Otherwise, you isolate yourself from society at large.

Rather than use your head for once, you're simply content to continue accusing Jim of not liking "these people". I wish you could see how incredibly ironic your display of that mentality is when applied to the subject of people from other lands or ethnicity.

No to be a better and more productive citizen (read revenue generating) speaking English is VERY important. I'm not surprised you don't get that seeing you're an ESL person.

And when you say I don't like "these" people who are you referring to?

This is a dishonest argument like most of the crap you spew.

Most older first generation legal immigrants of the last century struggled but still attempted to learn english, adopt and assimilate into American culture and forced their children to learn english and fully integrate into traditional American society.

Totally different attitude between the illegal invaders of today and the immigrants you speak of. Nice try.

This is a dishonest argument like most of the crap you spew.

Most older first generation legal immigrants of the last century struggled but still attempted to learn english, adopt and assimilate into American culture and forced their children to learn english and fully integrate into traditional American society.

Totally different attitude between the illegal invaders of today and the immigrants you speak of. Nice try.

My mother was born in Buffalo, my father Cheektowaga... They were both taught Polish in school. When they were married in 1961... Their wedding was announced in a Polish newspaper. My grandmother (1914-1996) never said her confession in English, only Polish till the day she died.

My mother was born in Buffalo, my father Cheektowaga... They were both taught Polish in school. When they were married in 1961... Their wedding was announced in a Polish newspaper. My grandmother (1914-1996) never said her confession in English, only Polish till the day she died.

So not knowing English runs in the family, then...

Choosing to go to a church where polish is the predominant language isn't the same thing as refusing to learn english and expecting everyone to accommodate you.

I bet she could still communicate in english right?