Mitt?

As we've said over and over. Just like in Obama's seven years, the people who were most enthusiastic for his coronation were the ones who got shafted the most. Careful what you wish for.

When this all started I wanted Paul. After that I wasn't thrilled with anyone. I won't repeat myself about Trump. You guys vote for who you think is best.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is way harsh even for you. You say he's a bad businessman? I say I respect his resiliency. Lots of successful businessmen have gone broke and rebuilt. But you know, i'm not that bright. An insane retard according to your posts. Sorry if I offend you but when someone says they want to secure the borders(and I don't buy all that wall crap we just need to stick to the laws we have). Give us a fighting chance in trade with China. Audit the Fed and so on I like that. I also like the fact he's not a lawyer. I like the fact he's says what he wants. So I will go down the path that may be retarded instead of the one I know that is. It's not a great choice but things are that bad.

Who then? Do you think Cruz is legit?

Frankly I liked Scott Walker and felt he would be a great president. He simply doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

I like Cruz, but some of his campaign antics are questionable to me, and I initially steer away from him for the same reason I steer away from Rubio...I prefer a successful governor. Rubio goofed on some stuff, and yes he has become the establishment guy, but I have a hard time believing he would govern completely at the whim of McConnell and Ryan like Barry was a sock puppet for Pelosi and Reid.

That said, I'd take Cruz or Rubio over Trump every minute of every hour. Trump IS Obama. Look into his past. Look at his comments. He says what he thinks people want to hear, and that is precisely where his head stops working.

Just like Obama, he's not interested in you, or me, or the country, or the world. He doesn't want to make America great again. He simply wants to have a big mic so he can run around telling everyone how great he is.

I think the reason you see people like Mitt coming out is because the attacks on Trump, however late, have been working. He was supposed to sweep Super Tuesday, and he didn't. If Kasich had sat out, Rubio gets VA. And that's because of the hits Rubio and Cruz put on Trump. Mitt today was probably the primer to get Trump's adrenaline going before tonight's debate. I would not be surprised if Trump went full gatorman on stage tonight.

Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

When the will of the people doesn't match the establishment , the people will lose.

Gore won the popular vote in 2000.

If Trump has the most delegates not counting the super ones at the convention he could be passed over.

Out of 2,470 total delegates at the Republican National Convention in 2016, 437 are unpledged delegates, who play the same role as superdelegates. Of the 437, 168 are members of the Republican National Committee.
Edited by ALF

When the will of the people doesn't match the establishment , the people will lose.

Gore won the popular vote in 2000.

If Trump has the most delegates not counting the super ones at the convention he could be passed over.

The popular vote doesn't decide the presidency.

Get us up off the canvas, Tom. We need you!

I'm not convinced . Although I find Tom to be of superior intellect he lacks the necessary wisdom to be a nations leader. Wisdom that you don't know it all and it's not necessary to. Tom is a heavily driven by ego which is a good thing for a president but not in excess. Also he demonstrates repeated behavior of intolerance and I suspect some repressed rage that would make him unsuitable for a Commander And Chief. That said, I do believe the same qualities that make him a less than perfect president, would make him a spectacular Speaker Of The House. His pit bull like aggressive attitude, combined with his intolerance for any opposition make him a perfect candidate for that position. So for these reasons I can't give him my vote but I do think his talents would be more than useful. Who's the best candidate on the message board? I'm not sure. There are a couple I think would be decent. Certainly not me.

It should not the Electoral College

Is that your definition of a complete sentence?

I'm not convinced . Although I find Tom to be of superior intellect he lacks the necessary wisdom to be a nations leader. Wisdom that you don't know it all and it's not necessary to. Tom is a heavily driven by ego which is a good thing for a president but not in excess. Also he demonstrates repeated behavior of intolerance and I suspect some repressed rage that would make him unsuitable for a Commander And Chief. That said, I do believe the same qualities that make him a less than perfect president, would make him a spectacular Speaker Of The House. His pit bull like aggressive attitude, combined with his intolerance for any opposition make him a perfect candidate for that position. So for these reasons I can't give him my vote but I do think his talents would be more than useful. Who's the best candidate on the message board? I'm not sure. There are a couple I think would be decent. Certainly not me.

And it will be great and we're going to be so great with women and China and Latinos, Latinos love me and let's not forget the military, I will be so great with the military.

When this all started I wanted Paul. After that I wasn't thrilled with anyone. I won't repeat myself about Trump. You guys vote for who you think is best.

This is probably splitting hairs, but it's not about convincing who to vote for. It's about examination of the candidates.

The amazing thing about American democracy had been that very seldom did the voters truly embrace populist candidates. That's why we get to laugh at the rest of the world, because the end result is utterly predictable.

Yet here we are, ready for four more years of populist failures. And America is not the country that can afford 12 years of failure.

The popular vote doesn't decide the presidency.

Just answering your statement

Article II Section I of the United States Constitution

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

Amendment XXII of the United States Constitution

The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; -- the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; -- The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. [And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. --]* The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Anything else confuzzle you?

Article II Section I of the United States Constitution

Amendment XXII of the United States Constitution

Anything else confuzzle you?

Well he is an illegal alien. It's a totally different language for him.

I'm not convinced . Although I find Tom Trump to be of superior intellect he lacks the necessary wisdom to be a nations leader. Wisdom that you don't know it all and it's not necessary to. Tom is a heavily driven by ego which is a good thing for a president but not in excess. Also he demonstrates repeated behavior of intolerance and I suspect some repressed rage that would make him unsuitable for a Commander And Chief. That said, I do believe the same qualities that make him a less than perfect president, would make him a spectacular Speaker Of The House. His pit bull like aggressive attitude, combined with his intolerance for any opposition make him a perfect candidate for that position. So for these reasons I can't give him my vote but I do think his talents would be more than useful. Who's the best candidate on the message board? I'm not sure. There are a couple I think would be decent. Certainly not me.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

You did? Looks like you screwed it up. One thing that is similar to Trump is the ego thing which I qualified as a asset to a extent. And probably the pit bull thing as well. I think Trump gets his way a lot.

Edited by Dante

Maybe Mitt should have gone this route in the last presidential election.

The difference is....................

He can attack Trump hard for all of his failings................and not be called a racist.

The media has spoken.

Oh, someone disagrees with you so go on the attack. What a jerk you are

No it shouldn't. You already have a representative in the federal government that you vote for directly. The president isn't it.

You are wrong

If you want...but I plan on rolling that into the DoFO. You sure you want to work for Darin?

Hmmm......maybe I'll just be in charge of rounding up all the money squirreled away in those pension accounts and union boss slush fund accounts. Kinda like the guys who tracked down Madoff's money. Forensic accounting can be fun.