3-3: Bills' GM Doug Whaley on WGR

@WGR550

Whaley on re-signing Incognito: "We're working diligently to do that...negotiation process can never be clear cut"

More re: Incognito: "He's up there. We had the No. 1 rated rushing offense. To keep that line together would be a good stepping stone"

Whaley says there is "positive news" on Seantrel Henderson's health and believes he could be in the competition for RT starter

Whaley: "There isn't a position on the roster that we'd (be against) adding this offseason"

Whaley on Tyrod Taylor potential contract: "If we can come to common ground....we would definitely do a deal"

Whaley on whether Taylor would be unhappy going into last year of a deal: "Not at all. He's a consummate professional."

More on Taylor: "He's seen a lot of looks. He knows where he made mistakes and where he can grow"

Whaley says the Bills will definitely add a QB, whether it's in free agency or the draft

is EJ coming back next year ?......choke, cough, clears throat........lol

He said EJ is in the plans for 2016.

@SalSports

No new contracts for Bills RFAs as of yet, Doug Whaley says. Says they still have a few days to offer tenders or resign.

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley says Rex Ryan will run a "more traditional 3-4" defense next season. But reminds sub packages still 50+%

@SalSports

Whaley: "never say never, but EJ Manuel is in the team's plans for 2016." He did not answer that question w/resounding confidence.

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley grouped Manny Lawson, Jarius Wynn and Max Valles together, presumably as potential 3-4 OLBs. Wynn was 3-4 DE earlier in career.

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley says the Bills are looking for productive players who "love the process."

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley reiterates that Aaron Williams is not a risk for re-injury and has been fully cleared by medical staff.

@SalSports

Releasing EJ makes no sense from financial standpoint ($2.8M dead $). But if team can get a late rd pick for him, would only be $1.2M dead

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley: “Right now, [Dan] Carpenter is under contract and we got Jordan Gay. So we’re there [at kicker]."

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley says kicker is not a "necessity" for the Bills because Dan Carpenter is under contract. Not the biggest vote of confidence.

similar to the last interview - no real insights or shocking news. not that we would expect that, but pretty stock answers.

I'm also intrigued at the admission that Rex wants to do more of a 3-4, because it makes me look at who we have.

Maybe a 3-4 under front? I still think that even with Dareus shading as a 1 technique NT, we'd at least need a 5 technique player.

I'm also happy to hear about Henderson. Crohns can make it tough to keep body mass, but it can be treated with the right meds sometimes.

I'm also intrigued at the admission that Rex wants to do more of a 3-4, because it makes me look at who we have.

rex said hes running 100% his system, so no surprise there

Except the news on Seantrel Henderson.

i started to tag similar on my post, but really, the surprise would be if his health was so bad that its career ending. that its expected to be good enough to compete for a job isnt that informative (or concrete, really). not much new to take away from that tidbit.

Seantrel Henderson update
At the close of the 2015 regular season the status of RT Seantrel Henderson’s future playing career was a bit uncertain in light of an undisclosed illness that was discovered that kept him out of the team’s last four games. Bills GM Doug Whaley at the close of the season expressed uncertainty about Henderson’s future saying they would need to wait on the medical reports back from their staff before they definitively knew where things stood. On Thursday in an appearance on WGR Sportsradio 550, Whaley said the front office got an encouraging report back on Henderson’s condition.

rex said hes running 100% his system, so no surprise there

Except his system has been more of a 4-3 under with the Ravens and Jets.

I can see Dareus as a Ngnata like 1 tech NT, and Kyle as the 3 tech. I can see Hughes as Suggs like player, but we really need a cover LB and 5 technique tackle.

I can see Dareus as a Ngnata like 1 tech NT, and Kyle as the 3 tech. I can see Hughes as Suggs like player, but we really need a cover LB and 5 technique tackle.

With the Ravens, yes. With the Jets, it was more classic 30 front stuff. He always had a Kris Jenkins, Sione Pouha, or Damon Harrison playing a 0-tech spot over the center.

Kyle is a poor fit based on 2-gap principles. Dareus, on the other hand, can play in either front. I think they'll be okay with Bryant/Charles at the other end spot backed up by Wynn.

One of those will be added in the draft