Bye Bye Boobie

Blew it on a 5th round pick? Come on Pete. If you hit on a 5th rounder, it's a big time bonus.

Touche. My memory failed me- I was thinking Cyris was a 3rd rounder. But Kujo is a big bust. He ran a 5.59 and there were many critical scouting reports. David Carr was selected 8 picks before Kujo(I wonder if he would of been selection if still on board instead)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touche. My memory failed me- I was thinking Cyris was a 3rd rounder. But Kujo is a big bust. He ran a 5.59 and there were many critical scouting reports. David Carr was selected 8 picks before Kujo(I wonder if he would of been selection if still on board instead)

After Kujo's poor combine, he was still projected to be a top 50 pick. And remember, Whaley traded down and picked him. The pick at the time made sense. Unfortunately it appears Kujo never fully recovered from his knee troubles.

Of all mediocre players in Bills history, you have to admit he was the easiest to like because of his personality!

Cheers for the memories Boobie. The trundling 50 yard run on début the couple of big special teams plays in your first year and never giving any less than 100% effort.

I always felt one of the reasons he stuck last offseason over say Bryce Brown was his ability to play full back in a pinch.... but we hardly used Felton anyway and I think they have probably come to the conclusion that McCoy runs better out of 1 back sets anyway so even if Felton went down it wouldn't cost them much of their playbook.

But in that case wasn't Felton more expendable?

Of all mediocre players in Bills history, you have to admit he was the easiest to like because of his personality!

But in that case wasn't Felton more expendable?

i wouldn't say we "hardly" used Felton. He was out there about 50% of the time. Roman uses a true FB enough that they need one vs. using a guy like Dixon in that role.

i wouldn't say we "hardly" used Felton. He was out there about 50% of the time. Roman uses a true FB enough that they need one vs. using a guy like Dixon in that role.

need to clear cap? Cut Felton draft Gronkowski a kid who,actually dreamed of being a Bill. 25 of 32 NFL teams interviewed him at the combine. The Bills were not in that group.

Edited by Best Player Available

need to clear cap? Cut Felton draft Gronkowski a kid who,actually dreamed of being a Bill. 25 of 32 NFL teams interviewed him at the combine. The Bills were not in that group.

If he is there in the 6th or we end up with a 7th round pick somehow then sure.... but I'm not drafting a full back anywhere in the first 5 rounds.

i would never use a draft pick (we only have 6) on a FB. And I doubt anyone will tbh. If the Bills sign him as a UDFA that would be cool. If not, that's cool too.

i would never use a draft pick (we only have 6) on a FB. And I doubt anyone will tbh. If the Bills sign him as a UDFA that would be cool. If not, that's cool too.

agreed. kickers, fullbacks, punters and snappers are 3 positions you never draft. also, kick returners and special teamers.

to get the very best fullback in the league is still at a minimal cost to a backup running back.

Not directed at gronk specifically but If you like a kid, think he's a perfect fit and to top it off he will reduce the cap hit at the position you surely think about him in on day 3, regardless of position.

I don't know if he makes it to UDFA. But if there in the 6th. Brandon is happy and if he pans out the team gets him on the cheap.

I don't know how bruising he is. But he looks to have the body for the job.

Not directed at gronk specifically but If you like a kid, think he's a perfect fit and to top it off he will reduce the cap hit at the position you surely think about him in on day 3, regardless of position.

I agree with this. 6th and 7th round picks should be used on guys who have talent and are scheme fits regardless of position in my opinion. If that is a kicker or a fullback then so be it. Take talent and fits at that point let nothing else factor in.

Hey you stole Freddy's spot last year and we ended up having to sign guys off the street because you have no running skills left, but we found touchdown Mike G because of it and he might end up being a force on this team, so for that, I thank you.

And you kept everyone laughing at training camp, so thanks for that too.