Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

I think the Bills are panicking and will get the deal done. They have no options if he doesn't sign. Our left side would be secured and then we can try and get better on the right. I think we draft a RT but Henderson is cheap so they are hoping to get 1 more year out of him

Why do you think that? There is no evidence the Bills are panicking....just negotiating

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the demands?

4 years 22 million with 15M guaranteed?

I'd offer 3 years, 17M with at least 12 guaranteed.

that 5.67 average -

signing bonus: 6M

year 1 - 1.5M year 2 - 2.5M year 3 - 5.0M

roster bonus: 2M

1st two year are guaranteed

So what are the demands?

4 years 22 million with 15M guaranteed?

I'd offer 3 years, 17M with at least 12 guaranteed.

that 5.67 average -

signing bonus: 6M

year 1 - 1.5M year 2 - 2.5M year 3 - 5.0M

roster bonus: 2M

1st two year are guaranteed

nice , and this is without any knowledge of the negotiations.

This is going similarly to the Hughes negotiations. He wanted to see what he could get elsewhere so he didn't sign before the legal tampering period which starts at noon today, but then he did sign before he actually hit the open market. I expect that the terms are agreed upon between the two parties, his agent is going to do his due diligence today, and he will sign tomorrow or Wednesday.

Is it just me or have there now been reports 3(different)x, that we signed Richie?

there have been 3 or 4 tweets from non-media that they have a source saying the two parties have agreed to terms, not that he is signed. All say it is a 3 year deal. The second year was a sticking point in terms of structure but they are good to go. Nothing reported yet from a "credible" source.

I'm glad if true on the three year deal. That sounds about right in terms of him staying in shape and performing at a decent level. I was listening to NFLR and one of the guests who is in the know on free agency (sorry I can't remember his name) stated although RI performed very well last year, his age, contract requests (letting it known he wanted a longer term deal), and past history still limits his opportunities on the free market.

He thought if Whaley offered a decent deal, he would end up taking it. Now if the above offer speculated about a little more than $5 mil / yr sounds decent, and if we could get Glenn for $10-11 mil / yr with a very good guarantee, we would go into next year pretty solid. It's too bad we didn't have the money to lock up Gilmore.

Pray the cap goes up enough to cover TT next year.

I'm glad if true on the three year deal. That sounds about right in terms of him staying in shape and performing at a decent level. I was listening to NFLR and one of the guests who is in the know on free agency (sorry I can't remember his name) stated although RI performed very well last year, his age, contract requests (letting it known he wanted a longer term deal), and past history still limits his opportunities on the free market.

He thought if Whaley offered a decent deal, he would end up taking it. Now if the above offer speculated about a little more than $5 mil / yr sounds decent, and if we could get Glenn for $10-11 mil / yr with a very good guarantee, we would go into next year pretty solid. It's too bad we didn't have the money to lock up Gilmore.

As far as I know, there's no reason we DON'T have the money to lock up Gilmore. His cap would likely go down from the 11m+ it is now with an extension.

we do have the money to lock up Gilmore. His cap hit right now is 11m for 2016. An extension, which they are reportedly working on, would lower that and give the team more space for this year, not less. Edited by YoloinOhio

Before the contract is signed here or elsewhere what are the parameters posters would consider a good deal for the team? I'm just curious to hear some generalizations before it gets done.

I don't care about contracts....guaranteed money, years, incentives....the cap is easy to work around...I want a playoff team......sick of Bills and Sabres not making playoffs while watching same teams always getting in.....

we do have the money to lock up Gilmore. His cap hit right now is 11m for 2016. An extension, which they are reportedly working on, would lower that and give the team more space for this year, not less.

When we extend Gilmore can we also teach him how to tackle so he doesn't keep throwing his shoulder into large men?

I don't think Glenn will want $10M/yr. $12M/yr maybe.

We should have the money to lock up Gilmore. He's currently $11M cap hit on his last year. They should be able to lower the cap hit while giving him more $$ this year in the form of signing bonus.

The cap really needs to increase, but a salient point is the Bills are carrying $13M in dead money this season (3rd highest in the league). At least $11M of that will be off the books and available for signing next year. They should be able to negotiate a pretty good salary with that. I frankly thought they'd leave Clay's roster bonus alone so as to free up another $10M next year but I guess they couldn't.

I don't care about contracts....guaranteed money, years, incentives....the cap is easy to work around...I want a playoff team......sick of Bills and Sabres not making playoffs while watching same teams always getting in.....

Paging Mr Overdorf, this guy is such a wiz at working around the cap that he says it's easy, and he is applying to be your new assistant.