Jets cut Antonio Cromarte--expected to meet with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leo and Cro are similar players; Leo is probably the better athlete, but the key difference is that Leo is an idiot who is being asked to learn a complicated new defense. At least Cro knows the defense already.

If Leo's an idiot because he was slow picking up Rex's defense, then there are a lot of idiots on our D. That being said, I would agree that, for whatever reason, Cro is the better CB, even if it is just for a Rex defense.But, I assume, his asking price would be pretty high for a second string player.

Leo and Cro are similar players; Leo is probably the better athlete, but the key difference is that Leo is an idiot who is being asked to learn a complicated new defense. At least Cro knows the defense already.

i don't know if there is any evidence that Leo didn't pick up the defense. He even switched positions and contributed immediately in the "complicated new defense." At least we know Leo can play safety too. Edited by YoloinOhio

I've been wondering, since you can't have 2 top 5 paid CBs, do you take a risk that Darby won't regress and trade Gilmore for a 1st? Darby can be extended in 2 years, Gilmore will likely only be in the middle of his top 5 CB contract.

With our cap situation it's something to think about.

I don't know if Gilmore would or would not get us a first round pick in a trade. That said, I for one would rather see the Bills get a first for Gilmore than see him signed to a huge guaranteed contract that would hurt us badly in terms of cap space. This of course is jmo.

At this point, it may be in the Bills interest to concentrate on offense. They need blockers and another receiver, but there IS talent there. The defense will probably suck under any conditions as long as Rex is running it, and he probably has little say on the offensive side, so their best hope to win might be as an offensive juggernaut.

The above is surely not my favorite brand of football but with Rex as coach, options and chances are surely limited.

I don't know if Gilmore would or would not get us a first round pick in a trade. That said, I for one would rather see the Bills get a first for Gilmore than see him signed to a huge guaranteed contract that would hurt us badly in terms of cap space. This of course is jmo.

At this point, it may be in the Bills interest to concentrate on offense. They need blockers and another receiver, but there IS talent there. The defense will probably suck under any conditions as long as Rex is running it, and he probably has little say on the offensive side, so their best hope to win might be as an offensive juggernaut.

The above is surely not my favorite brand of football but with Rex as coach, options and chances are surely limited.

Good teams draft, develop, and retain their key players.

So he can't read and watch film?

Sure he can, that's why he was able to pick Fitz in the final regular season game against the "superior" Jets. He studied their route combintions on tape and knew the tendencies based on down and distance. Still, nothing like on field reps.

If they don't shell out money for Gilmore they're just going to use another top pick to replace him. So which is worse in your view?

Just heard he coming for a visit

Yep. It is up on the NFL channel.

Rex being here is like a recurring nightmare.

If they don't shell out money for Gilmore they're just going to use another top pick to replace him. So which is worse in your view?

They got Darby in round 2. You don't HAVE to squander first round picks on the secondary.

If you think that Gilmore is worth 12 or 13 million per season. I respectfully disagree.