Jets cut Antonio Cromarte--expected to meet with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes more sense than CB but have no idea if he can play safety. Don't really want three 30+ ex CBs as our top 3 safeties next year :/

Actually, I'm a big fan of the ex-CB safety concept. You get their experience and leadership and they can usually still cover a little too.

I think it's to put pressure on McKelvin and/or Graham to take a pay it. I think the Bills say we can bring In Cromartie, he can play safety and CB, he knows Rex system, and we can pay him the salary of one player when he can do two players jobs

McKelvin has already expressed a willingness to take a pay cut, so I don't think it's necessary in his case.

I think it's to put pressure on McKelvin and/or Graham to take a pay it. I think the Bills say we can bring In Cromartie, he can play safety and CB, he knows Rex system, and we can pay him the salary of one player when he can do two players jobs

Only problem with your scenario is both McKelvin and Graham are better than Cromartie

McKelvin has already expressed a willingness to take a pay cut, so I don't think it's necessary in his case.

True but maybe what McKelvin will take isn't the amount the Bills want him to take. If McKelvin wants to take a 750,000 pay cut and the Bills want 2 million they might have hit a snag

Actually, I'm a big fan of the ex-CB safety concept. You get their experience and leadership and they can usually still cover a little too.

You also get guys who are generally soft players who arent comfortable in the box. Ill take a truely versitile safety anyday.

The Bills couldn't even come close to affording Cromarte, even at this point in his career. I figured Rex was doing his agent a favor by showing interest. Or maybe Whaley trying to move along negotiations with Gilmore. With Cro's denial I guess maybe the latter. Dunno. Makes no sense.

You also get guys who are generally soft players who arent comfortable in the box. Ill take a truely versitile safety anyday.

Yeah. Take into consideration that Cromarte is a poor and unwilling tackler and a move to safety is a terrible, terrible idea.

Cromartie is on NFL Total Access and says he doesn't know anything about the report. Trying to be coy about it I suppose.

@KMart_LI

Cro on NFLN: I love Rex. That would be a gr8 oppty 4 me. I think he's doing something gd up in BUF to try to get that org turned around #nyj

@AroundTheNFL

Antonio Cromartie: Joining the Bills 'would be a great opportunity for me' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639743/article/antonio-cromartie-expected-to-meet-with-bills

@KMart_LI

Cro on NFLN: I love Rex. That would be a gr8 oppty 4 me. I think he's doing something gd up in BUF to try to get that org turned around #nyj

@AroundTheNFL

Antonio Cromartie: Joining the Bills 'would be a great opportunity for me' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639743/article/antonio-cromartie-expected-to-meet-with-bills

Turned around from winning records to .500 so far.

Lot of this is just politics. Rex invites him in, tells him the Bills want to sign him, but strangely they just can't agree on a contract. Once he signs elsewhere Rex calls him up, wishes him luck and tell him how he wished it had worked out. Keeps him and Rex on good terms as you never know where either of them may be a year from now, or maybe the Bill's need CB help later on.

Lot of this is just politics. Rex invites him in, tells him the Bills want to sign him, but strangely they just can't agree on a contract. Once he signs elsewhere Rex calls him up, wishes him luck and tell him how he wished it had worked out. Keeps him and Rex on good terms as you never know where either of them may be a year from now, or maybe the Bill's need CB help later on.

maybe. He did bring in Brad Smith and Dawan Landry for visits last year and never did anything.