Jets cut Antonio Cromarte--expected to meet with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering, since you can't have 2 top 5 paid CBs, do you take a risk that Darby won't regress and trade Gilmore for a 1st? Darby can be extended in 2 years, Gilmore will likely only be in the middle of his top 5 CB contract.

With our cap situation it's something to think about.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

No thanks on Cromartie. He's heading towards the wrong part of 30. I expect the Bills to lock-up Gilmore to a long term deal next hear and let Darby play at least another 2 years before giving him a healthy contract. Both of these guys are young studs (22 and 25), just entering their prime. There is no way the Bills trade either of them. To boot, the Bills have roughly $46 million coming off of their cap in 2017. Their bad cap situation is just for this year and completely manageable.

My first thought after reading the title was that they gave him a contract extension with a mandatory vasectomy but he did lose a step this year so I wasn't that surprised when I found out he was released.

I'd take him over Leo, but he's not coming to Buffalo.

I would not.

#Leodis2016

I wouldn't mind him if he would play safety next to AW. He's physical enough and he has good ball skills, he's just not good on the outside anymore.

is he smart enough? Like Jim Leonhard smart?

LOL