Preseason could be reduced to 3 games

YoloinOhio

A second bye week would really help players stay fresher. Maybe you could make a rule where teams that play Thursday have to have a bye the week before.

Would make too much sense for the NFL to do this. More likely that they add Wednesday night games next year instead.

Yolo, thanks for sharing. I find it interesting the President and HC are from the only team that does not have a for profit owner vs. a city. I don't see it happening as it is a bargaining chip for the owners to swap one pre-season for one regular season game with the compromise of giving the players a second bye.

PTR - I see the 3rd wildcard team in each conference, meaning as you state, another televised post season game as much more revenue to the players and owners.

Until the next CBA, I see it being squashed by the owners. Never give something away without getting something in return as you guys know is elementary in business negotiations.

Just to be clear, this is not necessarily what I want, but what I think will happen. If the owners get these two concessions, I see them as another concession increasing the practice squad, or increasing the roster beyond 53. They'll do the math and figure out what can they do that still tips more revenue to the owners. These billionaires are not dumb.

I like the extra wildcard team idea but how would that work with the current playoff brackets