Report: DeMarco Murray unhappy (update-traded to Tennessee)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him a fullback and the I-formation and he's a force.

I usually think it's BS when somebody says "scheme' was at fault but his situation in Philadelphia really made me re-evaluate that position.

It's mission impossible though. It's a $13 million cap hit to cut or trade him. Ouch.

Dallas should admit they screwed up and take him back. He shined there, and made Romo's job a lot easier. He'd probably run for over 1500 yards there.

The funny thing though is the new coaching staff is going to run an Andy Reid offense, so he would be fine there. Kelly's scheme and tempo was the problem. just my two cents.

Straight up trade: Murray for McCoy!

:thumbsup:

I usually think it's BS when somebody says "scheme' was at fault but his situation in Philadelphia really made me re-evaluate that position.

It's mission impossible though. It's a $13 million cap hit to cut or trade him. Ouch.

for most players scheme is everything, like Mario sucking last yr.

Cutting him would mean $13M in dead money and cost the Eagles $5M additional cap space. But a trade would only net $4M in dead money and the Eagles would gain $4M in cap space. The difference is due to $9M in guaranteed future salary for which the new team would assume responsibility.

http://overthecap.com/player/demarco-murray/621

after he said yesterday when asked about Kap "we want to acquire talent, not get rid of talent" :lol:

Trading him to SF would be worse than when Marcus Allen was on the Raiders and Al Davis buried him on the bench because of off-field disagreements.

• 2 weeks later...

Eagles are really ready to move on from Chip Kelly's acquisitions.

@RapSheet

#Eagles have made it known that it's not just DeMarco Murray who is available, but also Ryan Mathews, as well, for the right price.

Wonder if the Eagles are eyeing Ezekiel Elliott in the 1st?

26 CB, what an indictment of Kelly. I see SF going down the tubes with his hire. The only hope is maybe he can make a star out of Kaep as that is his type of guy.

For those teams needing a great running game, they both have their strengths. Neither is worth $8 mil a year.

Certainly can't blame them because he really screwed that team up with his nonsensical moves.

Did SF give Kelly personnel control? If so, shame on them.

They did not. Baalke has control over personnel as the GM.

Based on Mike Remmers' contract, which was the 2nd-round tender, it looks like the increase in RFA tenders is approximately 8.3% from 2015.

That would mean that the following tender values apply for RFAs:

1st round - $3.632M

2nd round - $2.553M (exact value of Remmers' contract according to Spotrac)

Original round - $1.671M