New deal for Tyrod Taylor?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore has an $11M cap hold right now. If they sign him to an extension they will actually lower that number to maybe something like $9M.

I expect it could be lower than that. Another 5 years, bonus amortized, and a low first year salary could definitely help.

So the "We'd better sign Gilmore now statements", um with what money?

What is difficult to understand we are enormously tight to the cap. We'll be lucky to resign Incognito, doubt we'll save Bradham, and others will have to go as well.

We can't "sign anyone now than listed above" It's pretty much that simple because we'll need at least 7-8 mil for the rookie contracts from the draft, and some emergency money when guys get hurt this year.

Gilmore's salary is 11 mil or so this year. If you give him a new contract, you can give him a bonus which will be amortized over the life of the contract, reducing the yearly hit. And if it is combined with a decent salary the first few years, he could definitely be in the $7 to $9 mil range per year.

don't even get me started about pitch dia. thread count per mm

Yield to hold strength, shear capacity, tensile strength

Torsional tensions and breaking off my tap in it.

Don't get me all fractional and converting to decimal. I get nasty when i do that

I expect it could be lower than that. Another 5 years, bonus amortized, and a low first year salary could definitely help.

Gilmore's salary is 11 mil or so this year. If you give him a new contract, you can give him a bonus which will be amortized over the life of the contract, reducing the yearly hit. And if it is combined with a decent salary the first few years, he could definitely be in the $7 to $9 mil range per year.

and you cut Mc Fumble , which will save as well..

why don't you think Leo knows the defense? I keep seeing people saying this... He may know it as well or better than Father Cro.

Because McKelvin struggled at times. True he came back from an injury but in today's NFL it's what have you done for me lately? and Rex's memories of Father Cro. might be better than what we saw with McKelvin. Not say it's best of moves but if it could clear us $1-$2m in cap space it might be wiser.

Because McKelvin struggled at times. True he came back from an injury but in today's NFL it's what have you done for me lately? and Rex's memories of Father Cro. might be better than what we saw with McKelvin. Not say it's best of moves but if it could clear us $1-$2m in cap space it might be wiser.

struggled at times but Cro was flat bad all year

struggled at times but Cro was flat bad all year

Cro was also a starting CB, McKelvin only forced to start when Gilmore was done with an injury. As let's face it either one of them will be our nickel DB as can't see either one supplanting Gilmore or Darby starting and with Cro making less coin and more familiar with Rex it seems to be a better fit. Now if McKelvin gets his cap number down than I say keep him as the players say, the NFL is a business.

Edited by The Jokeman

No because it's BS.

Maybe he can not post response because he has constipation.

Rex's memories of "Cro" are fresh - he saw him twice last year as opposing CB plus scout film - how did he do?

I swear people have no idea about corner back play. McKelvin is a very solid CB. It's laughable the hate he still gets. He should never return kicks again but if he hit the open market, he would get a bigger deal than he might settle for here.

For whatever reason, he likes being a Bill. It's a shame people don't appreciate him more.

I swear people have no idea about corner back play. McKelvin is a very solid CB. It's laughable the hate he still gets. He should never return kicks again but if he hit the open market, he would get a bigger deal than he might settle for here.

For whatever reason, he likes being a Bill. It's a shame people don't appreciate him more.

I agree

McKelvin is pretty good and at times very good. He isn't the kind of guy that you run out of town. He's the perfect 2nd/3rd corner. In today's NFL that is a really important role.

yes indeed

he appreciates the creative landscaping work he received free of charge from some generous Bills fans a few years back.

I agree

McKelvin is pretty good and at times very good. He isn't the kind of guy that you run out of town. He's the perfect 2nd/3rd corner. In today's NFL that is a really important role.

I think sometimes folks hang on to the days when we would all freak out when he was single up on the deep ball.

And he would be Right there. Hands up and everything and it would be caught. happened alot. i used to cringe watching those plays develop. A Williams too

But Donnie coached him up and he turned it around.

Leodis has good value for the Bills and i consider him an asset.

and yes i do watch his play

: )

he appreciates the creative landscaping work he received free of charge from some generous Bills fans a few years back.

i am surprised he forgave fans for that, because its seems we fans are on the verge of it at the drop of a hat ( ball)

Edited by 3rdand12

Haha. I give him credit for getting past that. One of my rules in life is if someone puts a Richard on my front lawn, I'm moving.