New deal for Tyrod Taylor?

YoloinOhio

FWIW, I liked Orton. I wish that he was still on the roster. He is smart, experienced and can play for a few weeks if necessary. Orton would be the perfect mentor for a good team with a young QB.

And Orton would agree with that as long as he did not need to play many games and paid well to not play.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Orton would agree with that as long as he did not need to play many games and paid well to not play.

That's probably true. I guess that he also makes sense with a good team that has a QB with some injury issues (Pittsburgh or Arizona). He can keep the season from getting away from you like what happened to Dallas last year.

Tyrod signed the deal last year. No one held a gun to his head. And he reached some incentives to bump-up his salary this year. But he didn't play a full season and while his season was surprisingly good, he's not even close to being a franchise QB. So he waits a little longer.

Gilmore's under contract for this year so they don't need to tag him. But it would be nice to extend him and lower that $11M cap hit for this year.

I understand. I am saying Gilmore and TT are both under contract this year and not next year. And, they can only use the TAG on one of them. Did you even read what I wrote?

I understand. I am saying Gilmore and TT are both under contract this year and not next year. And, they can only use the TAG on one of them. Did you even read what I wrote?

They better tag Gilmore then. TT will probably work with OBD if he has a good season and extend his contract to the only team that gave him a chance to start. He took less money for a "chance" to start on a team that hasnt gone to the playoffs in over a decade, over a team like Denver who has gone to the playoffs every season for the past 4 or 5 years. That says a lot about someones character.

They better tag Gilmore then. TT will probably work with OBD if he has a good season and extend his contract to the only team that gave him a chance to start. He took less money for a "chance" to start on a team that hasnt gone to the playoffs in over a decade, over a team like Denver who has gone to the playoffs every season for the past 4 or 5 years. That says a lot about someones character.

Not a big fan of hope when it's possible to take error out of the equation. I prefer the Bills to resign Gilmore now and keep their leverage and building blocks in place.

Not a big fan of hope when it's possible to take error out of the equation. I prefer the Bills to resign Gilmore now and keep their leverage and building blocks in place.

Well **** re-signing Gilmore to a long term deal is a no brainer but, his question was if you have to use the Franchise tag on Gilmore or Taylor who do you pick?

Tyrod is effectively now on a 1 year deal. I don't want him to have the option of hitting free agency next year. I would rather sign him to an extra year or 2 with a bump in pay. The bridge idea that everyone keeps floating is best case scenario for both the team and Tyrod. It gives him security after next year if he regresses or (heaven forbid) gets hurt and it gives the Bills time to work out exactly what he is and what he should be paid.

It seems like a no brainer and I have no idea how people don't like this idea.

Fitz is how people don't like it. But I agree, the guy really wants to be good and did make an appearance in Hawaii his first year as a starter. Taking some financial risk now to prevent a bad situation next season is rational

That says a lot about ones motivation to start. Now he's proven he can start. And starting is the path to "set for life" money. loyalty is a refreshing surprise, but never expect it from any player, agent or team, for any reason.

Tyrod is effectively now on a 1 year deal. I don't want him to have the option of hitting free agency next year. I would rather sign him to an extra year or 2 with a bump in pay. The bridge idea that everyone keeps floating is best case scenario for both the team and Tyrod. It gives him security after next year if he regresses or (heaven forbid) gets hurt and it gives the Bills time to work out exactly what he is and what he should be paid.

It seems like a no brainer and I have no idea how people don't like this idea.

One problem , salary cap

Did the Seahawks take heat for paying Russ minimum for 3 years, especially the year after winning the SB?

Exactly. Or Elway letting Von's contract go the full distance.

Look, the guy was a free agent last year, his contract isn't even a year old. It had incentives in there, and Tyrod is too much of a gamble still to guarantee him big money.

Whaley isn't going to do anything stupid. This is just a goodwill move to start talks so there's some groundwork done if TT lights it up next season and shows he's a durable franchise guy.

I So, you still want to see what EJ can do. right?

Can you Tyrod fanboys say anything other than Ej this or Ej that ? How is that relevant ?

Tyrod is better than Ej, cool. Watch the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, pats 2nd game, Eagles game, redskins game and tell me how great Tyrod is SOMETIMES.

Shoutout to Romo for not playing to add another game to Tyrod's crap stretch.

Tyrod confidence meter down to 50%. Flame away homers. Forget the past.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Can you Tyrod fanboys say anything other than Ej this or Ej that ? How is that relevant ?

Tyrod is better than Ej, cool. Watch the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, pats 2nd game, Eagles game, redskins game and tell me how great Tyrod is SOMETIMES.

Shoutout to Romo for not playing to add another game to Tyrod's crap stretch.

Tyrod confidence meter down to 50%. Flame away homers. Forget the past.

Good to see you're seeing the light, a bit.

Better late than never.

So the "We'd better sign Gilmore now statements", um with what money?

What is difficult to understand we are enormously tight to the cap. We'll be lucky to resign Incognito, doubt we'll save Bradham, and others will have to go as well.

We can't "sign anyone now than listed above" It's pretty much that simple because we'll need at least 7-8 mil for the rookie contracts from the draft, and some emergency money when guys get hurt this year.

What is difficult to understand we are enormously tight to the cap. We'll be lucky to resign Incognito, doubt we'll save Bradham, and others will have to go as well.

We can't "sign anyone now than listed above" It's pretty much that simple because we'll need at least 7-8 mil for the rookie contracts from the draft, and some emergency money when guys get hurt this year.

Wouldn't Gilmore's cap hit decrease if we were to reach a deal?

Gilmore has an $11M cap hold right now. If they sign him to an extension they will actually lower that number to maybe something like $9M.

Wouldn't Gilmore's cap hit decrease if we were to reach a deal?

No waay.

you are making stuff up now.

and isn't that just kicking the can down the road ?

Bills are screwed it is really just whether we measure in metric or in american standard.

Screwed i tell ya !

Edited by 3rdand12