Rex Ryan at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine

26CornerBlitz

Go back and read Vic's article about how complicated Rex's D is. One of his calls is like "47 Blue Lima Hockey Omaha", where Schwartz's call would be "Lima". Laying the blame on a second-year LB is lame. I agree with previous posters, Ryan is a circus.

Coaches out think themselves. You inherit a team that was 4th in defense, had 54 sacks to lead the league, & had the best d line in football. You don't need to trick teams.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back and read Vic's article about how complicated Rex's D is. One of his calls is like "47 Blue Lima Hockey Omaha", where Schwartz's call would be "Lima". Laying the blame on a second-year LB is lame. I agree with previous posters, Ryan is a circus.

It is ridiculous for sure and isn't Omaha an offensive play call anyway?

It is ridiculous for sure and isn't Omaha an offensive play call anyway?

And around the Super Bowl it was finally mentioned what it's supposed to mean. They said whatever protection s were set, Omaha supposedly means reverse to the other side. I'm not sure that's correct because sometimes Peyton would say it right before the snap. Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

And around the Super Bowl it was finally mentioned what it's supposed to mean. They said whatever protection s were set, Omaha supposedly means reverse to the other side. I'm not sure that's correct because sometimes Peyton would say it right before the snap.

at some point it meant nothing but used as cadence.

Not a football x/o expert.

Can detect comments....blame shifting are among the easiest varieties to detect.

If you want to call it predicting the future but poor prior results combined with blame shifting comments rarely produce success in any walk of life. Never say never though. Maybe this time will be different.

I think Morgan and Carol are both going to get whacked, but it could be Glenn, Michonne or Daryl.

Truthfully, I think Rex has been blaming himself as much as anyone, for coming in and trying to please everyone rather than doing what he believes he knows best. In a way he's blaming himself for putting too much on a young LB also.

I don't have any predictions for the Bills' defense this year, but I don't think Rex is the idiot some make him out to be.

I'm rooting for Glenn to get the axe, so Maggie can focus her efforts on un-gaying Aaron.

Truthfully, I think Rex has been blaming himself as much as anyone, for coming in and trying to please everyone rather than doing what he believes he knows best. In a way he's blaming himself for putting too much on a young LB also.

I don't have any predictions for the Bills' defense this year, but I don't think Rex is the idiot some make him out to be.

I'm rooting for Glenn to get the axe, so Maggie can focus her efforts on un-gaying Aaron.

If Aaron isn't un-gay after all of that time in the sewer, then he is perma-gay. My bet is he takes her down there again, sets up a candlelight dinner and tries to win her over. He might even make up stories about Glenn and Enid to get Maggie mad. We'll see.

And Rex isn't blaming himself for anything. He is getting angry. He thinks he is mad at the press, players and fans, but he is really mad at cold hard reality.

If Aaron isn't un-gay after all of that time in the sewer, then he is perma-gay. My bet is he takes her down there again, sets up a candlelight dinner and tries to win her over. He might even make up stories about Glenn and Enid to get Maggie mad. We'll see.

And Rex isn't blaming himself for anything. He is getting angry. He thinks he is mad at the press, players and fans, but he is really mad at cold hard reality.

If Maggie can't un-gay a guy then no one can...on that we agree.

I'm beginning to think somebody needs to un-Ryan Rex. If he changed his name to Rex Belichick the defense would stand a much better chance this year.