Rex Ryan at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine

26CornerBlitz

Watch: Rex Ryan In Depth at the Combine (8:07)

Chris Brown catches up with head coach Rex Ryan to talk about the coaching staff's role at the Combine this week, working closely with Doug Whaley and Jim Monos, and which group he's excited to see this week.

2-24: REX RYAN MEETS WITH THE BUFFALO MEDIA (16:55)

Rex Ryan: "We're prepared for this offseason" (15:55)

Bills head coach Rex Ryan joined The John Murphy Show at the NFL Scouting Combine. Ryan discusses his role here in Indy, the team's offseason focus, and the noticed improvements of the defense and how that will carry over into 2016.

@SiriusXMNFL

.@Bills HC Rex Ryan on where @TyrodTaylor needs to improve & finally playing "his defense" http://bit.ly/21rHe3b

CcAmFinUEAAc_Si.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when u have hillbillies who eat so much fast food they have to get stomach surgery coaching in the NFL. I would love to see what Ivy League educated coaches could do. Compared to a fatso who is only in the NFL because of his dad.

When a man with average intelligence like BBelichick looks like a genius it says something about the coaches in the NFL.

I didn't see any clowns...

it's like when I'm having a conversation with my girlfriend and we disagree on something, she'll say "Don't yell at me" despite the fact that I haven't raised my voice and am still speaking the exact same manner.

Bills fans can't help but see clown shows and hear bluster when they see Rex. The coach is always damned if he talks, damned if he doesn't.

I'm with you, I don't get it either...

This is what happens when u have hillbillies who eat so much fast food they have to get stomach surgery coaching in the NFL. I would love to see what Ivy League educated coaches could do. Compared to a fatso who is only in the NFL because of his dad.

When a man with average intelligence like BBelichick looks like a genius it says something about the coaches in the NFL.

By all means, let's bring back the Yale educated Dick Jauron, he'll outsmart EVERYONE!

it's like when I'm having a conversation with my girlfriend and we disagree on something, she'll say "Don't yell at me" despite the fact that I haven't raised my voice and am still speaking the exact same manner.

Bills fans can't help but see clown shows and hear bluster when they see Rex. The coach is always damned if he talks, damned if he doesn't.

By all means, let's bring back the Yale educated Dick Jauron, he'll outsmart EVERYONE!

Many people whined about how boring previous Bills coaches were, and how the Bills received no attention in the media. Now they whine because they have a coach who is outgoing and verbose and garners attention. Personally, I don't care if their coach is deaf and mute, or the most obnoxious human ever. I just want to win. Everything else is just noise.

You should be carefull about questioning other people's intelligence.

One example doesn't constitute an argument.

Edited by Estelle Getty

Winning cures all...:)

Many people whined about how boring previous Bills coaches were, and how the Bills received no attention in the media. Now they whine because they have a coach who is outgoing and verbose and garners attention. Personally, I don't care if their coach is deaf and mute, or the most obnoxious human ever. I just want to win. Everything else is just noise.

Why is that?

Edited by Estelle Getty

Rex: Whaley reminds me of young Newsome

Bills head coach Rex Ryan was getting hit up for leads on the way the Bills might be leaning with their top pick at 19th overall. Ryan was honest with his answer knowing GM Doug Whaley’s approach to the draft each and every year. Whaley isn’t affected by positional needs his team has. He goes with the value the team’s draft board provides and takes the best player. That’s why Ryan sees a lot of Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome in Whaley.

@salmaiorana

Day 1 at the NFL combine complete. Rex Ryan was a bit defensive about his defense today. Here's my story. http://on.rocne.ws/1XNveXQ

via @DandC

Ha. It's silly to rate football intelligence by what college someone went to. I'd argue that Jauron going 7-9 with his talent was more impressive than Ryan rallying to go 8-8 with this year's roster.

I'm fine with giving Rex another year. But this year was wildly disappointing on many levels. I think hearing Rex talk has gotten tiring for some fans.

Conversely, do you have examples of "Ivy League" coaches being successful? The NFL is a mega industry. If Ivy League coaches were proven to be better coaches they would be in the league.

Just for the sake of argument, Marv Levy. Edited by C.Biscuit97

Amen to all that, especially the bolded part!

The offseason is always waaaaaay to long :beer: