Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably right. Hopefully, we can get the next IK to replace him.

What are the odds that Rex brings in a number of former Jets?

I don't want to rehash my thoughts on Rex because whenever I think about him I want to burst. However, Mario was wrong in the manner in which he responded to what Rex wanted him to do. Rex took a talent and ended up handcuffing him, and others. The HC has made it abundantly clear that he is committed to implementing his scheme. If that is the case then there is no point in keeping Mario under any circumstances, including a major salary reduction. So just save the cap money and dedicate it to keeping your other free agents. When you have no choice you have no choice.

I don't want to rehash my thoughts on Rex because whenever I think about him I want to burst. However, Mario was wrong in the manner in which he responded to what Rex wanted him to do. Rex took a talent and ended up handcuffing him, and others. The HC has made it abundantly clear that he is committed to implementing his scheme. If that is the case then there is no point in keeping Mario under any circumstances, including a major salary reduction. So just save the cap money and dedicate it to keeping your other free agents. When you have no choice you have no choice.

I wouldn't be surprised with any combination of Harrison, Davis, and Pace

I like Mario Williams and I think that Rex's scheme marginalized his talent. That being said, I would let him go if it meant re-signing Cordy Glenn. Glenn performed well under this coaching regime and his 2015 performance would be more difficult to replace than Mario William's 2015 performance - whether or not William's performance was inhibited by Ryan's scheme.

I generally agree with this but IMO, great coaches adjust their "system" to the players' strengths. We have top 5 defensive talent and has arguably the best defensive line.

I'm for giving Rex another year but let's be honest. His system sucked and killed a lot of players besides Mario's production. I just hope we aren't going to see through another average at best defensive year while Mario rips it up for another team.

Wrex might not change, but if he gone after this season (I sure hope so), then the Bills would probably be better off having M. Williams still, and having used the draft pick (or free agent money) that would be spent on his replacement go elsewhere.

I hate Wrex, want him gone as soon as possible, and want to minimize the damage he will cause dismantling the team. FTW!

If he buys in, and is willing to redo his contract with a hit under $7million this season, it's a no brainer. The deal would still provide 13million cap relief, and we would not create a hole at DE. This would open up our options on draft day

My thought exactly!

Regardless of Mario's opinion and maybe is right, he is a player. The coach lives or dies by what he implements, and his career is on the line as well as the players. Rex is going to cut him saving money to resign players, and send a message to the other guys on the team to hold their tongue.

I see what some of the players are saying as his system sucked this year, but it's his neck on the line to get wins. I don't see a scenario where Mario stays. He's most likely trying to play damage control in the media as he knows he is gone, and wants the best image possible with a new team to maximize his contract. It's transparent, but was his only play.

Wrex might not change, but if he gone after this season (I sure hope so), then the Bills would probably be better off having M. Williams still, and having used the draft pick (or free agent money) that would be spent on his replacement go elsewhere.

I hate Wrex, want him gone as soon as possible, and want to minimize the damage he will cause dismantling the team. FTW!

would you rather he be gone because he is a failure or you be wrong and we win it all?

would you rather he be gone because he is a failure or you be wrong and we win it all?

Ridiculous.

Of course I would rather they win with him, but I don't expect that, so I want damage minimized. I assumed people would understand that. It's not about me being right, it's about how I expect things to unfold. I dread the team being torn apart by this fool, and then being caught in the middle again, player/scheme-wise, with the next coach.

Really, that needs to be explained? Or are you just eager to question my fanhood, and rail against me for "wanting the team to lose"?

I assure you, I hope Wrex takes them to the championship...but I don't believe he has it in him.

There are zero people on this board that don't want the Bills to do well, or want to be right so badly, that they would rather be right about them failing, than to see them win. It's a given, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Name a successful high profile player who mailed it in on his teammates and coaching staff and later went on to lead that same group of players to playoffs or more?

I can't recall any, go back and rewatch some games we was playing half speed for the majority of the plays that he was on the field. Multiple times the announcers didn't even notice he wasn't on the field. The Jets game that he had a stomach virus comes to mind.

Name a coach that took a team from first to 31st in sacks and later went on to lead a team to the playoffs or more.

I can't recall any, go back and rewatch some games we were playing with half scheme for the majority of the plays we tried to get called in time.

Name a coach that took a team from first to 31st in sacks and later went on to lead a team to the playoffs or more.

I can't recall any, go back and rewatch some games we were playing with half scheme for the majority of the plays we tried to get called in time.

Name a new coach who took a team with a 3+ year playoff drought who went to the playoffs with a first year quarterback.

You can dislike Rex, you can also be objective and dislike a player who quits on his coach and "family". This thread is about Mario Williams and his comments about possibly staying in Buffalo. He is as good as gone and is just solidifying his stance against last years "faulty" scheme to explain his horrible effort level and lack of production. He has money at stake.

Are you surprised this is the most vocal he has been during his tenure in Buffalo? When his money is affected all the sudden he is concerned. Get out.

We are facing the serious possibility of cutting KW, he has been a leader and gave everything he had to his family. I will save my emotion for when that day comes, Mario can go pound sand with his farm equipment.

Edited by Commonsense