Happy Birthday DC Tom. The big 1

mead107

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is a leap year ... anyone know what day of the week Tom's birthday will fall on next year??

Easy way to calculate: an average year is one day more than 52 weeks. A leap year is two days more. So just advance the day of the week by one day year-to-year, and two days on leap years. So Valentine's Day (since it's not my birthday), having fallen on a Sunday this year, will be on a Tuesday next year, and a Wednesday the year after.

More generally, you can find the day of the week any date falls on by dividing the number of days between that day and the current day by 7, and advancing the days of the week by as many days as the remainder. E.g. July 23rd of this year is 150 days away...150/7 is 21, remainder 3. Four days from Wednesday is Saturday...so July 23 falls on a Saturday. And is also not my birthday.

Mead disagrees. And when it comes to birthdays, mead rules.

I suggest you seek a way to change your birthday to this date

Yeah, but mead's wrong. Because he's an idiot. And when it comes to idiots, I rule.

Easy way to calculate: an average year is one day more than 52 weeks. A leap year is two days more. So just advance the day of the week by one day year-to-year, and two days on leap years. So Valentine's Day (since it's not my birthday), having fallen on a Sunday this year, will be on a Tuesday next year, and a Wednesday the year after.

More generally, you can find the day of the week any date falls on by dividing the number of days between that day and the current day by 7, and advancing the days of the week by as many days as the remainder. E.g. July 23rd of this year is 150 days away...150/7 is 21, remainder 3. Four days from Wednesday is Saturday...so July 23 falls on a Saturday. And is also not my birthday.

So what you're saying is that next year it will fall on a ...

Which also beats doing a number 69. Wait what?!?!

:lol: reminds me of my grandmother at my cousins wedding... Somebody tells some joke involving a 69... Grandma who had consumed enough scotch to be very happy at that point is walking around no rather loudly asking people "what is this 69 business is all about?" My aunt intercepts her and says "mom I will tell you later..."

:lol: it was a fun wedding...

So Tom gets to do 69 with Buffalo Bill's grandmother for his fake birthday?

Whoa.

Tough one as grandma is long since deceased... According to her wishes her ashes were dumped in the Niagara river so she could " go over the falls." Maybe we should send Tom over too....

Tough one as grandma is long since deceased... According to her wishes her ashes were dumped in the Niagara river so she could " go over the falls." Maybe we should send Tom over too....

Continue .... I'm listening ....