Chris Long anyone? (Released by Rams with Laurinaitis/Cook)

Peter

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just glad that somebody agrees with me on that. lol

well it seemed obvious after the fact. He did very well for himself post Bills.

I wonder how many folks know which team he went to and had success.

btw i thought he was a better player than Poz

even i can find a nut now and again!

: )

There's this thing called the NFL draft. Ever heard of it? It's pretty neat.

Oh! well then. once again i must thank you for liberating me from my isolated and under developed consciousness. Not to mention my cultural deficiencies and then at best thin upbringing.

My point was simply put, Bills are in need of players.

Front seven especially. No monies for FA to speak of, so the draft needs to nail some starters at positions of need more than likely. We all love the term BPA but with the scheme turnover ( again ) Whaley and Overdorf have their proverbial hands full balancing the cap and the Whaleys scouts and he need to hit on at least 2 picks to be effective starters

Bill are losing Mario, and it is a loss . Plus Bradham is not a given to be retained. If we were even that strong at LB anyways.

Could you let me know when this " draft" is occurring?

Should i close the windows and turn up the heat a pinch?

Us lesser folks need all the help we can get. and lordy me i am thankful indeed for your assistance.

Cheers Raven !

Edited by 3rdand12

Oh! well then. once again i must thank you for liberating me from my isolated and under developed consciousness. Not to mention my cultural deficiencies and then at best thin upbringing.

My point was simply put, Bills are in need of players.

Front seven especially. No monies for FA to speak of, so the draft needs to nail some starters at positions of need more than likely. We all love the term BPA but with the scheme turnover ( again ) Whaley and Overdorf have their proverbial hands full balancing the cap and the Whaleys scouts and he need to hit on at least 2 picks to be effective starters

Bill are losing Mario, and it is a loss . Plus Bradham is not a given to be retained. If we were even that strong at LB anyways.

Could you let me know when this " draft" is occurring?

Should i close the windows and turn up the heat a pinch?

Us lesser folks need all the help we can get. and lordy me i am thankful indeed for your assistance.

Cheers Raven !

You're welcome. But try thinking before you post next time. Might help from further embarassment.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

you mean if we had said players?

I think we will def draft those replacements

but

Lets also not act like there are not players on this team right now

I will give a for instance....I actually really like LB Powell who got hurt last season....he is a solid all around LB that was just starting to play well for us.

If we are gonna make this work....then we need guys that we have been developing that did not come from 1st round picks to step up because not everybody can be a top 51 payed player

I really feel like we have some players like that under contract right now

Or we can develop our own players that fit into our own system and not spend money on overpriced free agents.

Yea I like that idea better.

The good thing is that with our defensive system built on giving up lots of yards and points we can find capable players in just about every round of the draft.

I think we will def draft those replacements

but

Lets also not act like there are not players on this team right now

I will give a for instance....I actually really like LB Powell who got hurt last season....he is a solid all around LB that was just starting to play well for us.

If we are gonna make this work....then we need guys that we have been developing that did not come from 1st round picks to step up because not everybody can be a top 51 payed player

I really feel like we have some players like that under contract right now

absolutely. and we both know who they are. I bet we all wish our safeties we drafted turned out a bit more solid and perhaps a LB or two.

Still waiting on right side of the O line.

I can list all of them of course but we know who i am thinking about.

The guys i do have strong hope for are Rambo ( yes) John Miller and Preston Brown. I think they will be great role players at least.

The good thing is that with our defensive system built on giving up lots of yards and points we can find capable players in just about every round of the draft.

Whaley has it easy, don't let him fool ya.

I'd kick the tires on Laurinaitis.

He plays like his hair is on fire!

He does. He's badass (in a good way). He can really tackle, too. Stout against the run. Not so hot dropping into coverage though.

I don't think we can afford him, certainly not if we want to keep Bradham. But I think Rex needs someone like him, and he's unlikely to draft that guy.

A semi-decent comparison on the type of contract JL might get would be AJ Hawk's from last year. He's 2-3 years older so take that into consideration that JL would be slightly longer/higher. Hawk was GB's alltime leading tackler and was cut for cap reasons. Was deemed to have slowed and not particularly good in coverage but smart, durable, leader and similar "hair on fire" mentality. JL is also Rams alltime leading tackler and cut for cap reasons.

Hawk signed with Cincy last year for 2 years 3.5 mill with 500k gtd.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ever the Silver-Lining finder. 4-4, you're a ray of pure sunshine in a cloudy off season!

Thanks!

A semi-decent comparison on the type of contract JL might get would be AJ Hawk's from last year. He's 2-3 years older so take that into consideration that JL would be slightly longer/higher. Hawk was GB's alltime leading tackler and was cut for cap reasons. Was deemed to have slowed and not particularly good in coverage but smart, durable, leader and similar "hair on fire" mentality. JL is also Rams alltime leading tackler and cut for cap reasons.

Hawk signed with Cincy last year for 2 years 3.5 mill with 500k gtd.

All Ohio State Lbs look the same to you huh? :)