Bills First Major Free Agent signed...

DeeRay

A tight end... and either Bubba Franks or Jermaine Wiggins.

Why would the Bills pick up a tight end first, you ask.?

Folks, this is the team's area of greatest need at this time, and a competent # 3 WR is a close second.

Both Campbell and Euhus tore ACLs in early December... which means both will likely start out the season on the PUP list. Campbelll's game was blocking more than receiving and he's gonna lose a little quickness getting off and into a defender. That aint good. Hopefully he'll regain his form... but if that happens at all, it ain't gonna be til November at the earliest.

Euhus is more of a receiver/Hback type that was a barely adequate blocker when he went down... so the chances of him regaining his athletcism by September is pretty slim... and he may not even get it back by November... and even if he does... this position still has to be considered below average.

So, the bills got Trafford, Neufeld to work with... and Perhaps Peters and around the goal line, maybe Ryan Denney.... Anyone really feel confident with our two best TEs coming off torn ACLs and the 3, 4, 5, and 6 options? Well, I sure as hell don't... and if Donahoe & Mularkey have any sense about them, they'll snatch a starting calibre TE in free agency or trade quickly after Free agency begins.

Do you actually think that either Bubba Franks or Jermaine Wiggins...at this point in their careers...want to go play for a team being led by a quarterback who has barely run more than nine plays in any single NFL game in his entire freakin' life?

I hope I'm wrong. I most certainly do. But why in the hell would ANY Tight End or Receiver want to play with an untested QB? What happens if he gets hurt? WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A BACKUP QB! You really think Franks or Wiggins wants to walk into THAT world?

Do you actually think that either Bubba Franks or Jermaine Wiggins...at this point in their careers...want to go play for a team being led by a quarterback who has barely run more than nine plays in any single NFL game in his entire freakin' life?

No player is gonna be excited over playing with a 1st yr. QB... but they look past that. They're think more about the "green" than anything else. When you bundle the cash with Donahoe's ability to sell bull sh-- (afterall... look what he's sold us fans for 4 straight years... and most us drank the koolaid) it's a sure thing that he'll be able to land a good TE.

I hope I'm wrong. I most certainly do. But why in the hell would ANY Tight End or Receiver want to play with an untested QB? What happens if he gets hurt? WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A BACKUP QB! You really think Franks or Wiggins wants to walk into THAT world?

244302[/snapback]

If this team is good enough for Eric Moulds, it's sure as hell good enough for Franks or Wiggins. Besides, money talks, bro.

244302[/snapback]

I totally disagee. People can say what they want about us playing an easy schedule last year, but anyway you look at it, this team is seriously on the upside with a bullet. If the $$$ is right, players will come.

Plus, in this case, don't forget MM is a former TE... I'd think any FA TE would be at least a little excited to come to a team whose HC understood the importance of the position as much as MM. :w00t:

244302[/snapback]

I believe the main ingredient for an FA is cash. It all comes down to what a GM is willing to come up with and how it figures into the cap. Their are other facters but a player will look past that if the bling bling is right.

244302[/snapback]

Actually, a receiving tight end (no pun intended!) usually benefits the most from a young, untestested QB. Just look at the numbers Todd Heap has put up in Baltimore, since Boller has been the starter.

Personally, although I am not sure he is a free agent, but I heard some speculation of the Bills being interested, I would love to see them pick up Marcus Pollard from the Colts.