Stephen Ross on Incognito bullying scandal

YoloinOhio

The whole thing was bs. That is how offensive linemen do, and should, talk.

This PC crap drives me nuts. Get unoffended.

I think America is far too PC and I am uneasily offended. Some of the stuff that came out in this particular instance was incredibly offensive. I think Incognito has learned from his mistakes and I'm glad we have him. But to pretend like he was some sort of victim here is entirely ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW9C4qi5Y80

Yeah this is how you want your offensive lineman to act. It's PC crap if you think this might be a little much.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think America is far too PC and I am uneasily offended. Some of the stuff that came out in this particular instance was incredibly offensive. I think Incognito has learned from his mistakes and I'm glad we have him. But to pretend like he was some sort of victim here is entirely ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW9C4qi5Y80

Yeah this is how you want your offensive lineman to act. It's PC crap if you think this might be a little much.

Pretty sure Incognito is an honorary black guy, so it's not all that bad.

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/11/06/richie-incognito-honorary-black-man-miami-dolphins-jonathan-martin

Edited by FireChan

Miami Dolphins beat reporter:

@armandoselguero

Many black players in the Dolphins locker room loved Richie Incognito and hated Jonathan Martin. Racism?

Agreed. His comments are not logical as the other players implicated are black. What is much more logical is they were teasing and went too far, but Martin is so unstable, and terribly insecure, he couldn't handle it. It's not by accident Martin is not in the NFL anymore. I thought he was physically weak from the combine, but he is mentally not tough either.

I'm not condoning RI's behavior as he should grow up. He seems to know now he has no other options and has handled himself well in Buffalo. I've heard of nothing so hopefully Richie keeps it that way. If so, he'll get a nice three year deal.

Agreed. His comments are not logical as the other players implicated are black. What is much more logical is they were teasing and went too far, but Martin is so unstable, and terribly insecure, he couldn't handle it. It's not by accident Martin is not in the NFL anymore. I thought he was physically weak from the combine, but he is mentally not tough either.

I'm not condoning RI's behavior as he should grow up. He seems to know now he has no other options and has handled himself well in Buffalo. I've heard of nothing so hopefully Richie keeps it that way. If so, he'll get a nice three year deal.

I think this is an interesting conversation and people have kept it pretty civil. I think there's a tendency to take a side here and people on one side are all "Martin was soft, if you think Incognito was being a bully then you are part of this wussification of America, you are too PC, you pee sitting down, there's a war on Christmas, etc." But why can't both be true? I happen to believe that while Martin was indeed soft, Incognito took it WAY too far. Especially after he had to have sensed that Martin was soft. I hate when Incognito plays the oblivious card like "I don't know what to tell ya, we just played fun, silly PG-rated pranks on the guy just like we did everybody else." Give me a freaking break. Watch the video I posted above. And don't forget about who he was in the first place- the guy that pretty much got kicked off the Rams. The guy was definitely in contention for biggest meathead in the United States.

All that being said, I'm willing to take his word that he's moved on and I'm glad he's on the Bills now.

I think this is an interesting conversation and people have kept it pretty civil. I think there's a tendency to take a side here and people on one side are all "Martin was soft, if you think Incognito was being a bully then you are part of this wussification of America, you are too PC, you pee sitting down, there's a war on Christmas, etc." But why can't both be true? I happen to believe that while Martin was indeed soft, Incognito took it WAY too far. Especially after he had to have sensed that Martin was soft. I hate when Incognito plays the oblivious card like "I don't know what to tell ya, we just played fun, silly PG-rated pranks on the guy just like we did everybody else." Give me a freaking break. Watch the video I posted above. And don't forget about who he was in the first place- the guy that pretty much got kicked off the Rams. The guy was definitely in contention for biggest meathead in the United States.

All that being said, I'm willing to take his word that he's moved on and I'm glad he's on the Bills now.

There is a nice interview just up. I will try to find it again.

Richie turned his life around. He got help from friends family players therapists and Drs.

anyone who still questions his efforts after watching him last year should at least reconsider.

Like me, i am a sweetheart nowadays. But at one time i was a terrible person. Recognise Richie Incognito's efforts please. He walked a hard road, and is still working on it

ps Ross is why the Dolphins will fail again

Edited by 3rdand12

There is a nice interview just up. I will try to find it again.

Richie turned his life around. He got help from friends family players therapists and Drs.

anyone who still questions his efforts after watching him last year should at least reconsider.

Like me, i am a sweetheart nowadays. But at one time i was a terrible person. Recognise Richie Incognito's efforts please. He walked a hard road, and is still working on it

ps Ross is why the Dolphins will fail again

Nothing that you wrote goes against anything I said. I don't disagree at all. But would you agree that the guy was, at one time, a real jerk and his antics went beyond "typical locker room shenanigans?" Edited by metzelaars_lives

Nothing that you wrote goes against anything I said. I don't disagree at all. But would agree that the guy was, at one time, a real jerk and his antics went beyond "typical locker room shenanigans?"

Of course. He admits he was off track and had to relearn what being a professional means. I read about he and his Father and how he was raised way back.

What is cool is he said even his Dad realized that he might have been off base.

Not in those words but the gist is there.

Yes he was a messed up alpha a hole.

Changing up your core is an amazing challenge. I respect the Man.

Of course. He admits he was off track and had to relearn what being a professional means. I read about he and his Father and how he was raised way back.

What is cool is he said even his Dad realized that he might have been off base.

Not in those words but the gist is there.

Yes he was a messed up alpha a hole.

Changing up your core is an amazing challenge. I respect the Man.

Then it sounds like we're on the same page. I just don't like whenever this topic comes up, like a quarter of the people on here lay all of the blame on Martin and assert that if you put any of the blame on Incognito then you are overly sensitive or something.

Then it sounds like we're on the same page. I just don't like whenever this topic comes up, like a quarter of the people on here lay all of the blame on Martin and assert that if you put any of the blame on Incognito then you are overly sensitive or something.

always 3 sides to a story.

I honestly make an effort to avoid judgement about things i have no first hand knowledge.

still have not retrieved the recent article with Richard.

One of the questions was if he would/ had reached out to Martin. his answer was no and no.

we all make mistakes. the matter is do we learn from them.

For now i will suggest Richie has made a noble effort at least. Maybe i am kinda proud of him?

Have you read the texts? Incognito was simply the guy that made over the top jokes and wisecracks, but he was constantly texting Martin and asking him what he was up to, and should we go here or there? It certainly seemed like Incognito considered Martin a type of friend or at the very least colleague. Martin clearly couldn't handle his personality. Incognito is not someone I'd want to be buddies with, but in my opinion not everyone has to be my buddy for us all to coexist in the world.

Edited by What a Tuel

Incognito and Martin were "the perfect storm": the guy with no "off" switch (or ability to tell when he's gone too far), meets the guy who doesn't know how to shut the thing down when the off switch is broken (or back a guy off when he's gone too far). The guy with no off switch is a problem - he needs to change his wiring. The guy with no ability to shut things down at need, is unsuited to an NFL locker room. Still, Martin joined 2 other teams and the only reported problems were on the field (where his play was sub-par) or medical (back surgery leading to retirement)

PS I sympathize with your not liking the whole "Incognito as victim of overly sensitive people and press" meme, but I doubt anything can change it

Edited by Hopeful

Incognito and Martin were "the perfect storm": the guy with no "off" switch (or ability to tell when he's gone too far), meets the guy who doesn't know how to shut the thing down when the off switch is broken (or back a guy off when he's gone too far). The guy with no off switch is a problem - he needs to change his wiring. The guy with no ability to shut things down at need, is unsuited to an NFL locker room. Still, Martin joined 2 other teams and the only reported problems were on the field (where his play was sub-par) or medical (back surgery leading to retirement)

PS I sympathize with your not liking the whole "Inocognito as victim of overly sensitive press" meme, but I doubt anything can change it

Do you honestly think RIchie Incognito is the only guy who acts like that in NFL locker rooms? Personally, I do not. Richie's other antics outside of the "bullying" notwithstanding, but I'm sure every, or most teams have a Richie type, who is abrasive, takes jokes too far, etc. etc.

That's why I think saying that Incognito was railroaded by the press has some validity. I'm sure there are 50 other guys in the NFL who you can cherry pick some moments and call it systematic bullying.