NFL.com Rookie grades: Bills = A

YoloinOhio

I am usually the front and center guy complimenting bills players......

Two things from this draft that would make it perfect

- Miller struggled and I dont care what these guys say.....he needs to get more constant (I think he will)

- I am REALLY rooting for Seward to become a player.....

absolutely rooting for Steward on a number of different levels. Miller was hurt much of the year, seems like a tough kid, he should improve as OL do with time. But, unproven compared to some of the others.

Darby will be a good cover guy and hopefully Gilmore shows him how to be more physical. That will really take his game to the next level. He seems willing to get in there and be aggressive so that's a good sign. He was unfortunately exposed on a few deep balls so you want to make sure he has safety help. Darby island he is not but still very good for a rookie. Overall, I think that was a solid pick and we can finally get rid of McKelvin.

Not sold on anyone else we got though.

Karlos was good value in the 5th but he's not an every down back and he showed even at his size he can't stay on the field and is a couple more concussions away from being out of the league. You don't want your power back changing the way he runs because he's scared to get hurt again. I think he's very highly overrated and if there is an opportunity to trade him for great value like Kiko then they should do it. I think Miller is very below average with a ceiling of some day being average but he's young so let's see. But either you are athletic or not and he's not. Luckily he's at the least athletic position on the field except that in Roman's offense he likes to pull the guard and Ritchie's fat ace can only run down the line so many times a game so it would be nice to have a guard on the other side that had that aspect to his game. Doubt anyone else from the draft will ever be a starter. I'd give this draft a B+ based on 2015 contributions but I think in a couple of years we will look back and see the only long term starter from the draft was Darby

I take a more positive view on Miller. I think he gets a bad rap on this forum. His play did tail off a bit at the end but his run blocking was very good for a rookie for the most part and he actually did get out and pull with some success early in the season. That it happened less as the year went on I have to think was injury related.

He has a lot of work to do to tidy up his pass pro - no doubt but I think he can be a good NFL starting guard.

One of the more difficult things to do is step in as a rookie on either side of the line. Miller played better in the beginning of the season. Fatigue and injuries set in as the season went on. Give his body time to adjust. Year 1 to year 2 is typically when we should expect the most improvement.

I hold my breath when Karlos runs up the middle, the last half of the year he couldn't finish a game.

Darby is a stud.

Steward I think can develope into something. Solid depth this year and maybe start if need be. I hope he is dealing with his lose. That has to be so tough.

I am not sure why O'Leary didn't get most of a chance to show something this year. He must have stunk in practice. Maybe he just doesn't have it, but given the Bills depth at TE (Clay is the only legit TE on the roster), I'd like to see what O'Leary can do given a chance.

it could have just been that he needed some time to adapt to the NFL game and wasn't ready early on, but improved throughout the year. It's not uncommon that late round picks are placed on the practice squad and given a chance to play later in the year when injuries arise and they've started to show they get it. He's a blocking TE who can catch, and Roman has one of the more intricate run games in the league so I'm sure the blocking schemes aren't easy for a rookie. Edited by YoloinOhio

Darby will be a good cover guy and hopefully Gilmore shows him how to be more physical. That will really take his game to the next level. He seems willing to get in there and be aggressive so that's a good sign. He was unfortunately exposed on a few deep balls so you want to make sure he has safety help. Darby island he is not but still very good for a rookie. Overall, I think that was a solid pick and we can finally get rid of McKelvin.

Karlos was good value in the 5th but he's not an every down back and he showed even at his size he can't stay on the field and is a couple more concussions away from being out of the league. You don't want your power back changing the way he runs because he's scared to get hurt again. I think he's very highly overrated and if there is an opportunity to trade him for great value like Kiko then they should do it. I think Miller is very below average with a ceiling of some day being average but he's young so let's see. But either you are athletic or not and he's not. Luckily he's at the least athletic position on the field except that in Roman's offense he likes to pull the guard and Ritchie's fat ace can only run down the line so many times a game so it would be nice to have a guard on the other side that had that aspect to his game. Doubt anyone else from the draft will ever be a starter. I'd give this draft a B+ based on 2015 contributions but I think in a couple of years we will look back and see the only long term starter from the draft was Darby

Karlos Williams was a 5th round pick - he ran for 500 yards and at times looked really dynamic. Even if we only get a few good years out of him - thats pretty good. I agree, he needs to stay on the field... but one year does not make someone injury prone.

Miller had a high ankle sprain all year basically and played through it. You really want that guy pulling to the left?

We didn't have a lot of picks in this draft - and the fact that we got some solid contributors in rounds 2, 3, and 5 is pretty good all things considered. We took a flyer on steward in the 6th too. Lots of injuries - but much more talented than where we drafted him

but, wait, Whaley is terrible.

Darby & Karlos Williams were home runs.

got nothing in the first round

Miller absolutely sucked.......graded out as one of the worst guards in league.

the rest of the draft.....nothing special....who knows.

Grade B+

Miller was hurt most of the year. The guy is a beast.

This will prove to be accurate.