Antonin Scalia dead?

Juror#8

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can just as easily say Sacilia was against free speech by shooting down the campaign finance law. Screaming so no one else can be heard is just as much against freedom as a censorship by the government. But agains, all the money did not help Bush or Clinton this time. Totally new media environment

I can't wait to hear who Trump would nominate. Obama's nominee will be interesting. Maybe another women? Makes it harder to attack her I think.

Two second question looking for a 5 minute answer? :rolleyes:

response took 22 minutes. jim's reading it took 6. there was at least one tough word.

My opinion on what? Every post here has to have an opinion? I'll remember that.

Good

In other news, looks like the Conservatives have lost the Supreme Court and if we see (probably) a Democrat elected president, they may have to wait a long, long time to get it back.

Five minutes, three minutes, what we've it takes.

Logical question asked of someone who would wish Sanders to nominate the next Justice don't you think?

What would make him or her great? I can play this game all night if you want.

Why don't I doubt that? :blink:

his or her greatness

So describe what this greatness will look like.

Why don't I doubt that? :blink:

Because I'm sick on the couch and have nothing better to do that to point out the you and ..lybob have nothing as usual.

Good

In other news, looks like the Conservatives have lost the Supreme Court and if we see (probably) a Democrat elected president, they may have to wait a long, long time to get it back.

Not necessarily. If lybob gets his wish and the Senate blocks any Obama nominee and we elect a Repuclican in November.

So describe what this greatness will look like.

Because I'm sick on the couch and have nothing better to do that to point out the you and ..lybob have nothing as usual.

Not necessarily. If lybob gets his wish and the Senate blocks any Obama nominee and we elect a Repuclican in November.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out

White House has indicated that they will be nominating a replacement, while Repubs want to wait until next president, of course. But the longest Supreme Court confirmation process from nomination to resolution was Judge Brandeis, at 125 days. Obama has 342 days left in office.

hahahahahahhahahaha. but his yellow shoes go so well with hawaiin shirts.

and you missed it, not in the text loop, Mead has a picture of Chef visiting NY in a Hawaiin shirt.

Reason #7,984 that I don't own a cell phone.

Although I guess I should just be thankful he actually had a shirt on.

Are you suggesting that unconstitutional legislation becomes constitutional when passed by bipartisan majority?

Different courts define "constitutional" and "unconstitutional" very differently. Plessy ruled Jim Crow constitutional, but that would not happen today

Reason #7,984 that I don't own a cell phone.

Although I guess I should just be thankful he actually had a shirt on.

i was going to post the picture, i accidentally just deleted my post though.

he looks a lot like beerball, actually.

Obama will put forth a relatively stall-proof nominee - a marginally left-of-center Hispanic male or black female with no red flags or flagrantly objectionable judicial record. Not some anglicanized Hispanic like Rubio or Cruz, but someone with a discernible accent whose name plays immediately with the minority community - like Mariano Cuellar. The vetting and due diligence will be remarkable.

The Senate repubs, because theyre dolts, will look like petty, racist, anti-American demagogues for blocking the nominee. And they'll lose another presidential election because the dummy dems, who can't put their pants on straight otherwise, will at least know to message the **** out of this circumstance, and will galvanize the youth and minority vote which, incidentally, handed Obama the 2012 election.

That's the repubs kryptonite - anyone who isn't a white male and how to explain to everyone else why their party appears to lack diversity and be decidedly against a minority voice.

Don't believe me just watch.

*anxiously waiting on the comments about how the repubs have two Hispanic candidates*

Edited by Juror#8