Anybody want to take the Wonderlic?

Kirby Jackson

I just took it and scored a 33. I ran out of time. I don't think that is too good but it's better than Vince Young. Anyways, have at it:

http://nflwonderlictestscores.com/wonderlic-test-50-questions/

20 is said to be average.

In college a prof gave it as a first day surprise/time killer and scored mid 40s (don't recall the exact number with certainty)

That anyone can graduate college and not crack 20 really surprises me. Especially with an ounce of prep. Some of the low scores legit point to issues with literacy, which doesn't disqualify you as a football player but is good to be aware of when designing a plan to coach a guy.

20 is said to be average.

In college a prof gave it as a first day surprise/time killer and scored mid 40s (don't recall the exact number with certainty)

That anyone can graduate college and not crack 20 really surprises me. Especially with an ounce of prep. Some of the low scores legit point to issues with literacy, which doesn't disqualify you as a football player but is good to be aware of when designing a plan to coach a guy.

If the actual NFL Wonderlic its anything like that test then it's mostly math. So I do think it's possible a guy could major in something like philosophy or Nike sneaker history, and do very poorly on the Wonderlic. I finished college with good grades in everything except math, and knew I'd do poorly on the Wonderlic because of this. I was right with only a 28. The Wonderlic isn't going to ask you about the Austro Prussian War, it's going to ask you a bunch of Math questions. Therfore I see it as just another standardized test that indicates very little about ones intellect. So, I could care less about a players score on the test. Eli Manning is said to have scored a 43. That's far above average intelligence. I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing that based on my impression of the guy. Others who have scored low seem far from being dumb as well. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

If the actual NFL Wonderlic its anything like that test then it's mostly math. So I do think it's possible a guy could major in something like philosophy or Nike sneaker history, and do very poorly on the Wonderlic. I finished college with good grades in everything except math, and knew I'd do poorly on the Wonderlic because of this. I was right with only a 28. The Wonderlic isn't going to ask you about the Austro Prussian War, it's going to ask you a bunch of Math questions. Therfore I see it as just another standardized test that indicates very little about ones intellect. So, I could care less about a players score on the test. Eli Manning is said to have scored a 43. That's far above average intelligence. I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing that based on my impression of the guy. Others who have scored low seem far from being dumb as well.

28 is above average, so don't knock yourself. When I'm talking low scores I'm talking 6 or 8 type of numbers. It doesn't take a math major to score a 20 on that test.

And no it's not a history test it's about processing info and recognizing patterns and such primarily and not about broad based facts

I wouldn't grab a guy just for his score or pass because of it but you could get some insight into a guy with it

A company I was once interviewing with made me take the Wonderlic which I thought was really odd.

They seemed excited that I scored a 43, but then didn't offer me the job. Maybe I forgot to wear deodorant that day??? And maybe in the end they decided Wonderlic scores weren't actually a good predictor of success.

You'd think somebody could invent a test that measures - at least crudely - football IQ.

38/40....if I had to do again I'd skip over the math problems that anyone today is using a calculator to do. They're not worth the time...given my correct percent to leave 10 questions unanswered.

Me too. The simple maths problems and pattern recognition questions I'd answer but I'd just stick anything down for the complicated ones and move on fast.