Is The USA Moving Left?

Tiberius

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most geologists agree that if the "big one" ever hit, California would be closer to Alaska rather than fall into the ocean like hollywood suggests. Will that mean that Neveda will someday border Mexico?

The BIG Big One is likely to take place in the Pacific NW.

The BIG Big One is likely to take place in the Pacific NW.

Between Mounts Hood and Ranier, the Cascadia subduction zone, and the granola-crunching hipsters and stink of patchouli, the Portland-Seattle corridor is probably the last place I'd ever want to live.

Between Mounts Hood and Ranier, the Cascadia subduction zone, and the granola-crunching hipsters and stink of patchouli, the Portland-Seattle corridor is probably the last place I'd ever want to live.

Oh I'm good with subduction zones. Those E-Ticket rides can be fun. The hipster, hippy, granola eating, pot smoking, beard wearing, sundress winter scarf combo, tree huggers? :thumbdown:

Yes, because you consistently do things like equate hate with nativism and xenophobia. You very well know that most people, regardless of their political beliefs, don't hate immigrants. The xenophobic nativist streak running through both major parties in the country is fueled by a worsening economic footing, a shrinking middle class, and a dearth of job and wage security for most of blue collar America, all while they see their taxes rising to cover the costs of an expanding welfare state bureaucracy. Blue collar working America sees these trends, and at the same time sees massive immigration of third world immigrants coming here whom they know will both saturate the blue collar job market, further depressing wages and increasing job scarcity; and who will consume tax dollar funded welfare provisions.They don't hate immigrants. They are afraid for their own economic wellbeing, and have come to the realization that neither major party, or anyone in the Beltway is looking out for them or their interests.But, you, knowing all of this, quickly slap on a label of "hate" because you're incapable of intellectual honesty, and would rather paint people with your broad brush of lies because it's politically expedient for you.

Honestly I think you are way off the mark. It's hate. What illegal is going come come in and take an office job from a middle class person? And things like truck drivers are seeing shortages now. They could increase the number of jpbs if allowed to fill the void and get rid of that bottleneck in the economy. Trump called them murderers and rapists and not job stealers. And the tax issue is also a cover for the fear and hate. Immigrants increase the tax base and would do so more if given amnesty.

But to be clear, we disagreed on things and you went on an emotional tantrum and started name calling. You could have just said I was wrong in your opinion. But at least you, unlike Chef, put together an argument and didn't just write short questions and expected a long answer as if someone has time to sit around and explain the world to him.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

What's your problem?

Because you accused Trump of wanting to round up immigrants Nazi style. And now you're accusing Conservatives of hating immigrants. It's a theme with you that I'd like you to explain.

Because you accused Trump of wanting to round up immigrants Nazi style. And now you're accusing Conservatives of hating immigrants. It's a theme with you that I'd like you to explain.

You missed when Trump said that?

No problem, just telling him that you're never going to quit spewing bull****.

You're doing a pretty good job of proving me right. :thumbsup:

I think it's more you don't tolerate opinions that don't walk in lock step with your own

Sorry that I caught you spewing some bull **** and you realized I caught you spewing bull **** and you don't like being called to task for spewing bull ****. So if you'd like me to quit asking you 10 second questions that require 5 minute responses I suggest you quit spewing bull ****.

Then, like I've told you time and again, make an argument. Say what you think. Try and explain your position. Glad you admit your questions are just gotcha nonsense though. Thanks :)

I think it's more you don't tolerate opinions that don't walk in lock step with your own

No, you just think you're being cute in saying that, but if you decided to actually think before spewing bull**** you'd notice that my opinions differ greatly from many others here. They just make a habit of not being a pea-brained pajama boy wannabe when responding to me.

Honestly I think you are way off the mark. It's hate.

No, this is you projecting for the purposes of making political expedience, providing yourself with a quick and easy way to disregard the positions of people you'd rather not have to argue with on merits. It's the height of intellectual dishonesty.

What illegal is going come come in and take an office job from a middle class person?

Blue collar working class people: restaurant workers, factory and warehouse workers, other general unskilled laborers.

And things like truck drivers are seeing shortages now.

The shortage of truck drivers is caused largely by two factors: new federal regulations, and a reaction to the financial crisis which drove drivers into other careers. Using that single industry as an example of the need to import waves of 3rd world immigrants is asinine. Further, the likelihood that uneducated unskilled immigrants workers would meet DOT requirements is approaching null.

They could increase the number of jpbs if allowed to fill the void and get rid of that bottleneck in the economy.

A further saturation of the unskilled labor market is going to get rid of some nebulous "bottleneck in an economy" which is currently suffering from the worst labor participation rate since the 1970's? Think that through.

Trump called them murderers and rapists and not job stealers.

Donald Trump is a sensationalist who has thrived by saying bombastic and inflammatory things. He was speaking to headlines recent to the time of his statements, in which illegal immigrants whom were living in sanctuary cities had committed rape and murder. In the same speech he went on to say that not all illegal immigrants were rapists and murderers.

He also has, in fact, stated that illegal immigrants are stealing American jobs..

And the tax issue is also a cover for the fear and hate.

No, this is you projecting again, making the same intellectually dishonest argument. It's easier for you to simply name people voicing real concerns as racist so that you can dismiss them without debating them on their merits.

Immigrants increase the tax base and would do so more if given amnesty.

No, they don't. Unskilled, uneducated, Third world immigrants consume services and are a net drain on the tax base.

Also, how can you make claims both that illegal immigrants won't take middle class jobs and that they'll be net tax payers simultainiously?

But to be clear, we disagreed on things and you went on an emotional tantrum and started name calling. You could have just said I was wrong in your opinion.

No, you made, as you always do, charges of racism rather than debate the merits of an argument and addressing the real and legitimate concerns of a massive portion of the electorate. I simply pointed out that you were being intellectually dishonest, as you usually are. It's not that you are wrong "in my opinion", it's that you are objectively and intentionally wrong for the sole purpose of political expediency. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Then, like I've told you time and again, make an argument. Say what you think. Try and explain your position. Glad you admit your questions are just gotcha nonsense though. Thanks :)

I've been saying what I think for a long time. My position is you're a tool who spews bull **** constantly. I'm just pointing it out and trying to get you to clarify your bull ****. THAT is an argument. And you don't answer my "gotcha" questions because they get you in your spewing of bull ****.

No.

The country is becoming appreciably more utilitarian though. And that doesn't have a necessary political affiliation.

"Whats the aggregate pleasure of some thing after deducting the consequent suffering?"

Or in context, how much better will it be for a grip of people to get free beneficial **** (education, services, etc) when it will just be the rich and Wall Street who foot the bill? That's utilitarian thinking. And it seems like the country is trending in that direction and away from the more left/right ideological demagoguery that has been a staple of our politics for 50 years. I think that sense of utilitarian thinking explains a lot of the left/right super anti-establishment fervor ... which has come to drive our current political environment.

Edited by Juror#8

No.

The country is becoming appreciably more utilitarian though. And that doesn't have a necessary political affiliation.

"Whats the aggregate pleasure of some thing after deducting the consequent suffering?"

Or in context, how much better will it be for a grip of people to get free beneficial **** (education, services, etc) when it will just be the rich and Wall Street who foot the bill? That's utilitarian thinking. And it seems like the country is trending in that direction and away from the more left/right ideological demagoguery that has been a staple of our politics for 50 years. I think that sense of utilitarian thinking explains a lot of the left/right super anti-establishment fervor ... which has come to drive our current political environment.

I'd love to have this discussion. I won't impose it on you, so if you're interested, please start the thread.

I'd love to have this discussion. I won't impose it on you, so if you're interested, please start the thread.

Would love to have the discussion. But please know that I'm not saying that it is an environment that I believe to be beneficial for the country as much as I'm saying that it is simply an environment that is.

Edited by Juror#8

Have you noticed how you're allowed to spew your bull **** all over this board virtually unhindered?

How can you possibly claim "we" are not tolerant?

Would love to have the discussion. But please know that I'm not saying that it is an environment that I believe to be beneficial for the country as much as I'm saying that it is simply an environment that is.

I'm not at all interested in assigning you a strawman argument. I'm interested in the topic. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Closing the borders won't bring these jobs back. Sad thing, and perhaps this is irrationally fueling xenophobia and nativism but globalism is here to stay.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/f-k-workers-react-news-1-400-jobs-leaving-article-1.2530470

Have you noticed how you're allowed to spew your bull **** all over this board virtually unhindered?

How can you possibly claim "we" are not tolerant?

We? I was talking to one poster who starts with insults if he hears somethin he does not agree with. Why did you interject yourself into it?

And, I'm not "all over this board." I do not participate in anywhere close to a majority of these threads.

But he is still a "Democrat" and there are other real Conseravatives in the race that hate immigrants that want to give the poor suffering wealthy a tax break but they seem to be going no where fast

:lol:

It's very clever semantics of the left to play on words.

Immigrants are not the same as the illegal invaders who do not respect our soverign borders.

Legal immigrants are welcomed and encouraged to contribute to our country.

Illegal invaders disrespect our laws, borders and sovereignty and want free **** and everyone else to learn their native language and follow their religions and for us to accomodate them.

Stop using the term immigrant when we all dann well know you are using it disingenuously.