McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this matter did not involve off duty police officers, the police would not be pushing for prosecution and probably would have forgotten about the whole thing after preparing a perfunctory police report.

Can't help but agree here - if this was just regular dudes, do you really think Philly police would spend three weeks investigating, gathering "rooms of evidence", etc.?

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm sure this case is just what all Philadephians want their government spending money on, this is the HEIGHT of criminality in Philadephia in 2016!!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO PAY!

and for some reason i now think nesby gave Buffalonians a back handed insult.

Does Schwartz have any idea what he stepped into?

The next logical step is for me to hate Philly.

Not the cheese steaks of course, that would be silly.

and not Mark Vaders Philly either.

But the rest of those imperialist dogs can go swing a stick.

who the hell leaves a Liberty Bell cracked anyways?

I'd love to say I told you so...

but you guys all wanted to crucify someone, and I think you were able to accomplish that in ~100 pages.

People started creating theories of how the fight started, as if that was ever the issue at hand. Just running with rampant speculation about suspensions and plea deals being worked out when the whole time McCoy was never arrested. It's bizarre to wait that long to file a report when you're an officer, and obviously the DA knew there was no case. They never filed a report that night, and so they never interviewed a single witness at the time, and judging by the chaos in the video, it's laughable to think anyone who was there would be able to credibly implicate any single individual from memory.

Probably the saddest lesson learned in this, is that the credibility of the media is completely out the window. Innocent until proven guilty no longer applies.

Edited by fridge

Sounds that way.

It sounds like there is a lot more to this case than the initial reports from the police indicated.

If the case goes forward, I have a feeling that this may be an example of "be careful what you wish for (for the police), you just might get it."

I surmise:

If this matter did not involve off duty police officers, the police would not be pushing for prosecution and probably would have forgotten about the whole thing after preparing a perfunctory police report.

The DA might be trying to protect the officers and/or preventing this from becoming an even bigger circus.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO PAY!

and for some reason i now think nesby gave Buffalonians a back handed insult.

Does Schwartz have any idea what he stepped into?

The next logical step is for me to hate Philly.

Not the cheese steaks of course, that would be silly.

and not Mark Vaders Philly either.

But the rest of those imperialist dogs can go swing a stick.

who the hell leaves a Liberty Bell cracked anyways?

He did and he's an idiot. Shady is from Harrisburg. Blame them, not Buffalo.

I'd love to say I told you so...

but you guys all wanted to crucify someone, and I think you were able to accomplish that in ~100 pages.

People started creating theories of how the fight started, as if that was ever the issue at hand. Just running with rampant speculation about suspensions and plea deals being worked out when the whole time McCoy was never arrested. It's bizarre to wait that long to file a report when you're an officer, and obviously the DA knew there was no case. They never filed a report that night, and so they never interviewed a single witness at the time, and judging by the chaos in the video, it's laughable to think anyone who was there would be able to credibly implicate any single individual from memory.

Probably the saddest lesson learned in this, is that the credibility of the media is completely out the window. Innocent until proven guilty no longer applies.

There were (and still are) plenty of folks withholding judgement in the court of public opinion.

Also, he can absolutely be suspended just from the video alone; legal ramifications don't affect that at all. He's on video throwing a punch in a bar fight--he's going to get something from the Commish's office.

The DA might be trying to protect the officers and/or preventing this from becoming an even bigger circus.

He did and he's an idiot. Shady is from Harrisburg. Blame them, not Buffalo.

I know and I know.

The Da is more than likely back pedalling like a sum B word while FOP and Mayor douschsickle- idiots in Philly are fanning the flames.

and we thought we had issues with communication from the sidelines ! geesh!

FOP prez threatens to go to Atty General if he's not charged, and again with the OJ references

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/02/19/fop-president-mccoy-oj/#.Vsci19efp_w.twitter

""We'll look to go to the attorney general," McNesby said, "if McCoy is not charged. Well also have our attorneys file a private criminal complaint and well move in that direction."

"Listen, all my time as a Philadelphia police officer I was involved in over 4,500 felony arrests," McNesby told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show on Friday. "I've never waited this long, ever, to see somebody arrested. So, it doesnt pass the smell test. Somethings funny going on. I know that they have more discovery on this case then they had in the O.J. Simpson case. I mean its taken up rooms. So I mean, how much more do you need? All you have to do is clearly look at that video."

Discovery that has taken up rooms? From a complaint where there was no crime scene to meaningfully investigate because the complaint wasn't filed until 30 hrs after the fact, 3 days in one case? Is he on drugs? I can see maybe a stack of paper, a small one that doesn't tip over readily. As for that video, you can look clearly at it on TMZ and CrossingBroad, but do they know the source and was a proper forensic data collection performed on the cell phone that collected it, before it was deleted? Because if there's any flaw to be found in the chain of possession there, it's never coming in the courtroom with a top-notch defense attorney objecting.

I kind of agree with McNesby that "it doesn't pass the smell test" but I think he might be sniffing the wrong places, so to speak.

Can anyone explain the bolded comments above, that they'll "have their attorneys file a private criminal complaint"? I have never heard of that; what does that mean?

""We'll look to go to the attorney general," McNesby said, "if McCoy is not charged. Well also have our attorneys file a private criminal complaint and well move in that direction."

"Listen, all my time as a Philadelphia police officer I was involved in over 4,500 felony arrests," McNesby told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show on Friday. "I've never waited this long, ever, to see somebody arrested. So, it doesnt pass the smell test. Somethings funny going on. I know that they have more discovery on this case then they had in the O.J. Simpson case. I mean its taken up rooms. So I mean, how much more do you need? All you have to do is clearly look at that video."

Discovery that has taken up rooms? From a complaint where there was no crime scene to meaningfully investigate because the complaint wasn't filed until 30 hrs after the fact, 3 days in one case? Is he on drugs? I can see maybe a stack of paper, a small one that doesn't tip over readily. As for that video, you can look clearly at it on TMZ and CrossingBroad, but do they know the source and was a proper forensic data collection performed on the cell phone that collected it, before it was deleted? Because if there's any flaw to be found in the chain of possession there, it's never coming in the courtroom with a top-notch defense attorney objecting.

I kind of agree with McNesby that "it doesn't pass the smell test" but I think he might be sniffing the wrong places, so to speak.

Can anyone explain the bolded comments above, that they'll "have their attorneys file a private criminal complaint"? I have never heard of that; what does that mean?

It means almost nothing. You can file a private complaint with the DA, but it bares the same burden of proof as if the DA filed it. So with the complete lack of evidence other than a "he said/she said", I'm not sure anything happens in this case. The Phily FOP and DA's office are a mess.

Edited by Luxy312

What pray tell does he think is going on? The DA is for some reason protecting Shady McCoy over some Philly cops? But, WHY!?

Also, there's this quote from McNesby:

“I think that he’s overthinking this,” McNesby said of Williams. “I think they’re overlooking it. I think they’re investigating too much. They need to just move on with it. If he does not charge the group of individuals that were there that night, that’s an absolute disrespect to Philadelphia police officers.”

They're overthinking it!

They're overlooking it! (So, are they overthinking, or overlooking? Maybe he just meant "over it")

They're investigating too much! (WTF does that even mean? Anytime I'm charged with a crime I sure hope they investigate "too much" as opposed to "too little!")

And then the capper - "...if he does not charge the group that was there that night..." I assume he's also talking about the cops involved? Or were they "not a group that was there"?

What pray tell does he think is going on? The DA is for some reason protecting Shady McCoy over some Philly cops? But, WHY!?

Also, there's this quote from McNesby:

They're overthinking it!

They're overlooking it! (So, are they overthinking, or overlooking? Maybe he just meant "over it")

They're investigating too much! (WTF does that even mean? Anytime I'm charged with a crime I sure hope they investigate "too much" as opposed to "too little!")

And then the capper - "...if he does not charge the group that was there that night..." I assume he's also talking about the cops involved? Or were they "not a group that was there"?

Bizarre . . . .