McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds bad for Shady...

On Sunday, February 7, 2016, at approximately 2:45am, the Complainants were inside a Nightclub located at 1XX S. 2nd Street. An argument ensued as to the ownership of a bottle of Champaign, which led to pushing and shoving. At this point all below Suspects, engaged in a physical altercation with Complainant#1 who was then punched and knocked to the ground. While on the ground he was punched, kicked and stomped about his body and head multiple times by all four Suspects. Complainant#2 and security guards intervened and broke up the attack and all parties were ejected from the club. Complainant#1 transported himself to the Hospital where he was treated for a laceration to his right eye, broken nose, broken ribs, and a sprained thumb. Complainant#2, was admitted to the Hospital where he received eight stitches over his left eye and is currently receiving treatment for a possible skull fracture. The four suspects were subsequently identified through photographs by the complainants and by the security guards. Video surveillance was recovered from the outside of the club which shows both parties being ejected from the club; however, the incident itself wasn't captured on video.

The investigation is active and ongoing; all updates will be sent upon availability.

Complainant #1: 40yrs old B/M off Duty Philadelphia Police Officer

Complainant #2: 40yrs old B/M, off duty Philadelphia Police Officer.

Suspect #1: 27yrs old B/M

Suspect #2: 30yrs old B/M

Suspect #3: 27yrs old B/M

Suspect #4: 26yrs old B/M

The complainants in this incident were off duty Philadelphia Police Officers and the Suspect are reported to be members of the National Football League.

Very much doubt that the facts here connote the type of premeditation in a course of conduct that exposes an accomplice and conspirator (before the fact) to the same criminal sanctions as the primary perpetrator.

And as to your earlier point regarding an insurance claim or settlement facilitating a criminal conviction I'm pretty sure it would not be allowed into evidence as lacking probative value. The opposite is what may be possible i.e. If OJ had been convicted of felony murder 1 it might have been admissible in the subsequent civil trial.

The first sentence raises an interesting point. Based on what we know (which is very, very little) I might disagree if this was a NY case. Im basing that on the TMZ video that, from what I read and am given to understand, shows our pro bowl running back throwing at least one punch. In my reading, the punch was described as a haymaker. The same player also apparently kicked someone who was on the floor/ground. Again, we hardly know any details, but I wouldn't close the door on accomplice liability because of those alleged actions. Hakim Scott would probably agree with you, however. In any event, not sure how it would play out under PA law. Interesting point to research.

Thing is, if those cops were undercover, they wouldn't risk blowing their cover on a club brawl. It's not a sissy job. Unless they were just scouting for one night.

I'd like to know if those cops were just there by themselves, or if they were hanging out with any "interesting" people.

This sounds bad for Shady...

On Sunday, February 7, 2016, at approximately 2:45am, the Complainants were inside a Nightclub located at 1XX S. 2nd Street. An argument ensued as to the ownership of a bottle of Champaign, which led to pushing and shoving. At this point all below Suspects, engaged in a physical altercation with Complainant#1 who was then punched and knocked to the ground. While on the ground he was punched, kicked and stomped about his body and head multiple times by all four Suspects. Complainant#2 and security guards intervened and broke up the attack and all parties were ejected from the club. Complainant#1 transported himself to the Hospital where he was treated for a laceration to his right eye, broken nose, broken ribs, and a sprained thumb. Complainant#2, was admitted to the Hospital where he received eight stitches over his left eye and is currently receiving treatment for a possible skull fracture. The four suspects were subsequently identified through photographs by the complainants and by the security guards. Video surveillance was recovered from the outside of the club which shows both parties being ejected from the club; however, the incident itself wasn't captured on video.

The investigation is active and ongoing; all updates will be sent upon availability.

Complainant #1: 40yrs old B/M off Duty Philadelphia Police Officer

Complainant #2: 40yrs old B/M, off duty Philadelphia Police Officer.

Suspect #1: 27yrs old B/M

Suspect #2: 30yrs old B/M

Suspect #3: 27yrs old B/M

Suspect #4: 26yrs old B/M

The complainants in this incident were off duty Philadelphia Police Officers and the Suspect are reported to be members of the National Football League.

thats the original police report from yesterday

Definitely. Losing a 4 on 1 fight is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

They're "invincible" cops. It's embarrassing for them.

i guess it is kind of how these things go. The next tale of combative victory in a police report will be the first such tale.

My point is that their testimony cannot be trusted any more than any other witness.

Definitely. Losing a 4 on 1 fight is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

it was four cops who attended the festivities I thought. hence the four bottles of champagne?

My point is that their testimony cannot be trusted any more than any other witness.

yes it can.

Credibility is evaluated when testimony is presented. Its a common theme when the gavel begins the proceedings.

Character has a significant feature in the equation when the facts are questionable

Why not?

Your point is that they're "interested" or biased witnesses because they got tuned up. Which is kind of the point. There wouldn't be a problem here if no such "tuning" occurred. The weight (or lackthereof) to be accorded the testimony of such witnesses is usually for a trier of fact.

it was four cops who attended the festivities I thought. hence the four bottles of champagne?

Cops who were coming off a long day of writing citations and generally acting like they're the sh*t, loosen up in the VIP lounge and end up getting club stomped by Shady McCoy in front of Meek Mill and the rest of the Philly "scene".

I love it. I'm sure they'll do a great job of explaining it was "4 on 1" to all the inner city kids that are going to be talking back to them from now on.

Why not?

Your point is that they're "interested" or biased witnesses because they got tuned up. Which is kind of the point. There wouldn't be a problem here if no such "tuning" occurred. The weight (or lackthereof) to be accorded the testimony of such witnesses is usually for a trier of fact.

The point is, have you ever talked to a group of guys who just got their ass whooped a few hours earlier? It's butthurt city, and it's never their fault. I would NEVER trust the testimony of those cops unless it was backed up by lots of third-party observers. They're humans before cops.

Also i read that the altercation began when there was a table switch and someone was asked to move. The mix up was when one group was taking their bottles with them. Where all parties drinking the same imbibements?

And what exactly where those bottles. Hennessy or 2k champagne. or LOL club sodas.

Cops who were coming off a long day of writing citations and generally acting like they're the sh*t, loosen up in the VIP lounge and end up getting club stomped by Shady McCoy in front of Meek Mill and the rest of the Philly "scene".

I love it. I'm sure they'll do a great job of explaining it was "4 on 1" to all the inner city kids that are going to be talking back to them from now on.

The point is, have you ever talked to a group of guys who just got their ass whooped a few hours earlier? It's butthurt city, and it's never their fault. I would NEVER trust the testimony of those cops unless it was backed up by lots of third-party observers. They're humans before cops.

And now you know why victims are usually called "complainants." The rest of your comments don't merit a response.

And what exactly where those bottles. Hennessy or 2k champagne. or LOL club sodas.

WE MUST WAIT FOR THE FACTS TO COME OUT BEFORE MAKING JUDGMENTS!

And now you know why victims are usually called "complainants." The rest of your comments don't merit a response.

If they beat up McCoy, would he be a victim?

I'm just glad McCoy threw a punch. I don't want a wimp on my team.

you are one twisted mother.

I can respect that.

But IF he was actually kicking some near useless person while down?

i never want to see his face near Buffalo. That is very uncool.

and I hope someone smacks his +++ back. with a bat.

there ya go. i have exposed myself.

i got my values

you work in the legal system dont you ?

you are one twisted mother.

I can respect that.

But IF he was actually kicking some near useless person while down?

i never want to see his face near Buffalo. That is very uncool.

and I hope someone smacks his +++ back. with a bat.

there ya go. i have exposed myself.

i got my values

I respect values. But have you ever been involved in a fight like that?

Things happen fast. You either back up your boys or you cower in the back.

All these people involved are complete idiots. There is zero excuse for what McCoy did. Grow up man! In the real world it doesn't really matter "who started it" when after the fact you are beating a guy who was already on the ground and significantly injured. At that point, best case scenario there was no longer a threat to McCoy. Worst case it was the definition of assault.

I hope McCoy gets arrested, convicted, and the Bills can get out from that terrible contract.