W Jones fairly inexpensive in 2005

JP-era

He will count $3.98 million against the team's 2005 salary cap.

I wish we all could stop being so conservative and making comments like no way we can sign ____ player he will cost more than we have. Its an ignorrant statement, ignorrant meaning uninformed, not stupid.

The Walter Jones contract could EASILY have been absorbed by us and we would have had plenty of money to sign all the other guys we target. Its foolish to try to convince anyone that we cant afford whomever. We just dont know enough about contracts and the cap to make those statements.

He will count $3.98 million against the team's 2005 salary cap.

I wish we all could stop being so conservative and making comments like no way we can sign ____ player he will cost more than we have. Its an ignorrant statement, ignorrant meaning uninformed, not stupid.

The Walter Jones contract could EASILY have been absorbed by us and we would have had plenty of money to sign all the other guys we target. Its foolish to try to convince anyone that we cant afford whomever. We just dont know enough about contracts and the cap to make those statements.

244224[/snapback]

That's the lahjik John Butler used that made the cap unmanageable as the years stacked up. But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

That's the lahjik John Butler used that made the cap unmanageable as the years stacked up.  But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

244226[/snapback]

IM suprised that I took you off ignore and am actually responding to this, I guess it does have enough football talk to merit a response.

The point is and was that contracts are often restructured toward the ends of the contracts so that they never get ridiculous. Butler would have signed a guy like W Jones to a 5 year 60 million contract with a 20 million signing bonus and then set it up so that the money is paid out evenly over each year. TD isnt that guy, has plenty of savvy and the assumption that we couldnt have afforded Jones a top notch LG, and one of the better TE's is ridiculous.

Every single post that says hey lets get this stdu always has at least one clown who makes some comment like, we could never afford him.

W Jones has a 3.98 cap hit in 2005 under his new deal, nuff said.

I would of loved to sign Walter Jones, however just because his cap hit is manageable this year doesn't mean we wouldn't have had to pay the piper sooner or later. Seattle gave Jones a 56 mil 7 year contract. that included a 15 million signing bonus.

The Bills already have MW who's salary cap numbers esculated majorily this year. MW will have cap hits of 9 mil for the next 3 seasons. For what the Bills are paying MW I can almost guarentee he will be playing LT this season, and JJ is gone. It would be nice ot have JJ back, but replacing a RT is alot cheaper then resigning a LT. MW is making LT money !!