Saints release Jahri Evans

YoloinOhio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evans starts over John Miller. Wouldn't even be a competition for the spot.

hmmmm.

This. Miller was for the most part terrible last year. Give him a year to sit and learn from an all pro

another Hmmm.

second year under Kromer should prove out Miller.

His pass blocking is in question. Do you think he cannot improve?

and Uh we have a rather experienced veteran guard already.

well at least i hope we still do.

vet minimum , someone else needs Evans more than Bills do

No, but would impact Urbik.

it sure might. is he ( Evans) less expensive?

hmmmm.

another Hmmm.

second year under Kromer should prove out Miller.

His pass blocking is in question. Do you think he cannot improve?

and Uh we have a rather experienced veteran guard already.

well at least i hope we still do.

vet minimum , someone else needs Evans more than Bills do

it sure might. is he ( Evans) less expensive?

Evans would be more $$ than Urbik but a better player. If it happened, Urbik would be cut and Miller would back up Evans and Incognito IMO.

no, "we" didn't. Ha. Chances are he's not coming here... Just know they were interested at one time.

: )

I recall the interest. Bills were a bit more desperate then too.

The famous phrase from Ole Buddy the Snake Oils Sales rep.

We are not that far away!

Honestly if the Bills resign Cogs and Glenn, play Miller and work up the RT situation Bills should be okay defending TT and whoever can remain out of jail at RB

Upgrade of a starter. No question, IMO. If we lose Wood, at least his replacement's G's will be legit on both sides.

Fair assessment Chan

Edited by 3rdand12

I find it difficult to believe that the Saints did not attempt to trade Evans prior to his release. They must not have had any takers at any price. Very odd.

Edited to add:

Evans has been missing time recently and his play has fallen off a bit already. That's why no trade. It would be a safe bet that he will either chase a ring or his last decent check. Neither is is a fit in Buffalo.

Edited by BarleyNY

Re-sign Richie and give Miller some time to develop. Spend what little we have trying to keep what we got intact (and this year is just the beginning of the "lean years", e.g., Gilmore, what to do if Tyrod stays healthy and continues to improve his game).

Can one of you "capologists" out there please help this simpleton feel a little better about our future $$ situation (I trust Whaley with the draft--he's earned as much--but I used to feel like we had a good cap plan too). Thanks!

Re-sign Richie and give Miller some time to develop. Spend what little we have trying to keep what we got intact (and this year is just the beginning of the "lean years", e.g., Gilmore, what to do if Tyrod stays healthy and continues to improve his game).

Can one of you "capologists" out there please help this simpleton feel a little better about our future $$ situation (I trust Whaley with the draft--he's earned as much--but I used to feel like we had a good cap plan too). Thanks!

The Bills are not in not cap hell at the moment, but maybe cap purgatory or cap heck. They'll be able to navigate their salary cap situation, but I worry that to do so we will see a net loss of talent this offseason. Whaley will need to do well in the draft. Clay will restructure his roster bonus, Mario will likely be released and Gillmore will likely be signed to a long term deal. Those will collectively clear a lot of space, but talent-wise we are down Mario. Regardless of his use/misuse last season, that's a huge loss of talent.

Incognito will likely re-sign and hopefully Glenn will. He could also get tagged. While important, those re-signing would just keep those positions even with last season. There will be other releases and signings to be sure, but there won't be space for any high priced free agents (other than our own Glenn or possibly his replacement). Things will clarify quite a bit in the next few weeks so sit tight. Heck, the official base salary cap hasn't even come out yet.

Beyond next season there is concern, too. As you say, what if Taylor earns a huge deal? Heck, what if he just earns a moderate deal? The impact on the 2017 cap will start to come into a little better focus, too. The one thing that could really blow things up is the developing Shady fiasco. If they were forced to release him, it would create another huge hole in the roster as well as a significant cap problem.

Evans starts over John Miller. Wouldn't even be a competition for the spot.

Hope there is a competition for the spot. Miller will be in his second year, usually a big jump in performance in the second year for a lot of players. Win the job, don't give it to someone. JMO.