Quinton Coples to be available again

YoloinOhio

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, just wow.

I guess thats the scub we need to win the Super Bowl right, lmao

really? He's a depth player who knows the D and is pretty versatile on the DL. Do you ask yourself if someone is the key to win the SB and then laugh your a** off with every depth player the Bills sign? No team has 53 stars. Edited by YoloinOhio

really? He's a depth player who knows the D and is pretty versatile on the DL. Do you ask yourself if someone is the key to win the SB and then laugh your a** off with every depth player the Bills sign? No team has 53 stars.

I'm not against the Bills signing Coples and taking a shot at the right price on getting some rotational pass rush from him. After all that was what we originally signed Jerry Hughes as and look how well that worked. I can, however, understand anyone who thinks cutting a Mario Williams to sign a Quinton Coples is like losing a dollar and finding a nickel.

I'm not against the Bills signing Coples and taking a shot at the right price on getting some rotational pass rush from him. After all that was what we originally signed Jerry Hughes as and look how well that worked. I can, however, understand anyone who thinks cutting a Mario Williams to sign a Quinton Coples is like losing a dollar and finding a nickel.

i don't know, he had more sacks in this system than Mario did. And is 6 years younger and way cheaper. He's a role player now - pair him up with a rookie and it's way more exciting and cap freeing than trudging Sleepy Mario out there again.

i don't know, he had more sacks in this system than Mario did. And is 6 years younger and way cheaper. He's a role player now - pair him up with a rookie and it's way more exciting and cap freeing than trudging Sleepy Mario out there again.

Sure - Mario quit on us - that is beyond doubt... but still he is a proven borderline elite talent. Quinton Coples is proven at this stage to be JAG. Even knowing what I know about Mario's attitude last year I can't help being a little miffed at replacing borderline elite with JAG.

Sure - Mario quit on us - that is beyond doubt... but still he is a proven borderline elite talent. Quinton Coples is proven at this stage to be JAG. Even knowing what I know about Mario's attitude last year I can't help being a little miffed at replacing borderline elite with JAG.

i don't know if Mario, at this stage, is anything more than a solid starter. He used to be borderline elite. I don't think they will really replace Mario with just coples. I think coples would replace IK's roster spot in the depth chart, however. And a rookie would take over as starter. Rotate with Coples. Jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't know if Mario, at this stage, is anything more than a solid starter. He used to be borderline elite.

Who knows? what I do know is 2012-14 he was 3rd in sacks in the entire league behind Watt and Justin Houston. Has he fallen off a bit of cliff so quickly? I don't know. I think a mixture of scheme and his attitude is a bigger reason for the decline in production.

Who knows? what I do know is 2012-14 he was 3rd in sacks in the entire league behind Watt and Justin Houston. Has he fallen off a bit of cliff so quickly? I don't know. I think a mixture of scheme and his attitude is a bigger reason for the decline in production.

that is the reason. He costs too much to go through that again. Whatever is to be blamed, he's not close to elite at this time. I don't want to see it again. Give me something different at the player role because the scheme is not changing at this time. Of course, I absolutely see your point. I am just over it and ready for a new season. Haha Edited by YoloinOhio

It all depends on which Mario your getting......

I know its difficult (I also find it difficult) but at this point we have to guage on the Mario of last season not the Mario previous......Couples gives more production then the Mario of last season for a fraction of the cost.

Can Coples do his job as asked? if the answer is yes?

Then he is a good fit.

i don't know if Mario, at this stage, is anything more than a solid starter. He used to be borderline elite. I don't think they will really replace Mario with just coples. I think coples would replace IK's roster spot in the depth chart, however. And a rookie would take over as starter. Rotate with Coples. Jmo.

I do think this is a more realistic perspective Yolo. No fan of IK honestly.

But ya can't replace MW in FA. Draft someone and hold on tight.

Glad his leaving as he overstayed his welcome one season. But even if he is on the wane, it is a lot of talent to replace

Fredex...

IF the Bills sign Coples, that would make a grand total of four former Jets on the roster, three of which are on the bottom of the roster and may or may not make the team - TJ Barnes, IK, Greg Salas. Harvin's contract voided on friday, he's gone. Coples would likely be the only one of the four, if they even make the 53, to get meaningful snaps. But please tell us how the bills are the Jets.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the Rex Jets but with a QB. Most would have said that's good.

darn tootin.

Fredex...

IF the Bills sign Coples, that would make a grand total of four former Jets on the roster, three of which are on the bottom of the roster and may or may not make the team - TJ Barnes, IK, Greg Salas. Harvin's contract voided on friday, he's gone. Coples would likely be the only one of the four, if they even make the 53, to get meaningful snaps. But please tell us how the bills are the Jets.

I thought the Bills were the Tigers or Seminoles. Hard to keep up each year.

Can Coples do his job as asked? if the answer is yes?

Then he is a good fit.

I do think this is a more realistic perspective Yolo. No fan of IK honestly.

But ya can't replace MW in FA. Draft someone and hold on tight.

Glad his leaving as he overstayed his welcome one season. But even if he is on the wane, it is a lot of talent to replace

I def dont think we should just go with Couples and consider it replaced....a high draft pick is def needed in this area.

I def dont think we should just go with Couples and consider it replaced....a high draft pick is def needed in this area.

so we agree.

i think the Noles are outnumbering the Tigers right now. Clemson has some good prospects in the draft though... Rex is getting itchy for more Tigers

: )

:beer: