30 for 30: The '85 Bears

stevestojan

Had to work tonight and I'm so pissed! Have it DVR'd and will be watching it tomorrow night hopefully. I am looking forward to it although I am already pretty familiar with the 85 Bears from reading up on them over the years. That era Bears team reminded me alot of the 90s Bills as far as the characters and personalities they had on and off the field and some of the friction that existed within the team.

One of the best 30 for 30's I've seen. I've always hoped our bills would one day be as good as the 85 bears. The 85 bears are the best team I've ever seen in NFL history, if you consider both sides of the ball they had. I'm a homer but I think our 1990 bills were the best offense I've ever seen. Better than the 99 rams and better than the late 80's niners. Go bills!

Not sure if the Bills can use the excessive partying excuse as a major reason they lost Super Bowl 25 anymore as its pretty evident the Bears shut down Bourbon Street the week of Super Bowl 20 B-)

I went to that Super Bowl as a kid with my father. Simply an amazing experience. when we got home my dad told me if I ever wanted to go on another guys trip I shouldn't tell my mom anything! Ha

The thing that sticks out about that game is Ditka not getting Walter Peyton into the end zone. The Fridge was a novelty. They were passing out styro foam mini refridgerators on sticks.

I caught it last night and it's pretty clear that the men on that defense loved Buddy Ryan, as a coach, mentor and, in some cases, father figure. Mike Singletary in particular.

Well worth the 2 hour running time.

they seemed to not have much love lost for Ditka, particularly for not giving Payton the ball in the SB and using Fridge instead.