Politics and the Super Bowl

Chef Jim

I assume the NFL will reconsider SF as the SB destination in the future. SB City or whatever it's called has been taking place on the Embarcadero in front of the Ferry Building. Those of you familiar with the area know that this is an area populated by homeless. They have moved further into the city under bridges there. Now homeless advocates are wanting to build a tent city right next to where the festivities are taking place. Many people who have visited SF complain about the homeless problem, the filth, the stench etc etc. and vow not to return. Now when they have hundreds of thousands visiting they get to see this crap in all it's glory.

Well then my wife, who works in the Transamerica Pyramid gets this email from the building:

Dear Pyramid Center Tenants,

There are several planned protests anticipated to occur over the next few days centered around Super Bowl City. The Building Office and Pyramid Security provide tenants with as much information as possible to plan around these events. However, events may change at a fast pace and therefore we encourage tenants to check public transportation or news websites for more up to date information https://www.sfmta.com/sb50

Below is information from the California Resiliency Alliance regarding planned protests.

Although there is no BART shutdown listed below, it is highly possible that one will occur during the next few days. Either that or a major traffic disruption. Possibly these would be held in conjunction, although more likely as independent protests or events. If it is a traffic tie up, it will probably happen in the evening. The BART could be either morning or afternoon.

Protestors have not made their plans clear in order to keep authorities from preventing it.

Activists may chain themselves to BART trains in many locations at rotating times in order to get maximum shutdown. That is, once one group gets cleared and just about the time BART gets ready to start up again another group pops up somewhere else and chains themselves.

The best recommendation is for people to build maximum flexibility and preparation into their schedule in advance in order to mitigate or reduce inconvenience should either event occur.

Examples: If possible, remove hard deadlines for appointments from schedule, arrange for coverage at locations where you might not be able to show up, and prepare to stay where you are instead of attempting to push through a major commuter tie up.

Transamerica Pyramid Security will continue to search sources and attempt to gain additional information, but it is almost certain that we will be reacting, not preventing, an adverse event.

Yay San Francisco!! Way to look good on the world stage.

FORWARD = PROGRESS!!

Anyone going to the game should do themselves a favor and stick to Santa Clara, where the game is being played.

There is plenty of good food and drink in that area, plus since it's inhabited by all the rich tech kids, you can bet your ass you won't see or smell homeless people for miles. Because what good is being a young, rich SoProg if you can't push the homeless to the bay.

Absolutely. You're a rock's throw from San Jose and Mountain View, and there are plenty of options to enjoy yourself without having to get near the stench and cost of SFO.

Other than Palo Alto, I've found the Valley's food offerings to be underwhelming, especially considering the cross country trip.

Absolutely. You're a rock's throw from San Jose and Mountain View, and there are plenty of options to enjoy yourself without having to get near the stench and cost of SFO.

Sorry but I'd rather put up with the stench of SF than the "sooooo how many masters degrees do you have?" crowd. Not that those types aren't found in SF but the Valley is overrun with them.

Other than Palo Alto, I've found the Valley's food offerings to be underwhelming, especially considering the cross country trip.

PA is kind of a dead zone too. Sure there are some good ones down there but even Oakland has a better vibe than the Peninsula.

PA is kind of a dead zone too. Sure there are some good ones down there but even Oakland has a better vibe than the Peninsula.

Are you sure you shouldn't be posting this in Bob's pot thread?

I wouldn't go near SF or Silicon Valley this weekend. We have plenty of great places to eat in our area and no bum's or annoying entitled protesters. We will be going here

http://www.petesbrassrail.com/in Danville.

One of my favorite places. Decent food, great beer and drinks. Every year they have a Super Bowl party benefiting Autism research. Good cause and lots of fun. $125 per person all the food and drink you can do from 2.00pm until the game ends. Always a great time. Have gone the last 5 or 6 years