Sully embarrasses himself at the Super Bowl

YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding!! That would be fabulous!!

ALSO, can we please stop calling him Sully. Nicknames are for people you love, care about, enjoy, respect, etc. Can we call him Jerry Sullivan please? He deserves no endearing nicknames or to even be called by his last name. JMO.

ALSO, can we please stop calling him Sully. Nicknames are for people you love, care about, enjoy, respect, etc. Can we call him Jerry Sullivan please? He deserves no endearing nicknames or to even be called by his last name. JMO.

How about Sullied instead?

Wait a minute. Sully was just trying to get Newton to expand upon his statements last week when he said, "Ive said this since Day One, I'm an African-American quarterback that scares people because they havent seen nothing that they can compare me to."

Newton is the one who said his bring black was still an issue, not Sully. If that's true, then use the big stage to explain it and call out his detractors. But Sully haters have to turn it around on him.

Wait a minute. Sully was just trying to get Newton to expand upon his statements last week when he said, "Ive said this since Day One, I'm an African-American quarterback that scares people because they havent seen nothing that they can compare me to."

Newton is the one who said his bring black was still an issue, not Sully. If that's true, then use the big stage to explain it and call out his detractors. But Sully haters have to turn it around on him.

Not quite. Cam was referring how he's perceived for his actions. This guy is talking about an OLD stereotype. .very different and unwarranted.

So why can't we get this guy fired? Everyone hates him. He's been a joke for years. If I sucked at my job for that long I would have been fired

because whenever he says something stupid people on here can't rush fast enough to post it and give him attention. He's actually very good at his job which is to generate attention. There's usually multiple topics on this board about him on the front page.

did you hear the audio? The statement Cam made isn't related to why Jerry is being made fun of not just here, but nationally. I don't think any of those people hate him, they don't even know who he is. Jerry sounded spiteful and whiny and Cam played him like a fiddle.

Jerry says:

@tbnsully

It's funny how people think a reporter is "angry" if he tries to elicit a response out of an athlete.

@tbnsully

If I was upset at the Cam Newton press conference, it was that it took 15 minutes for anyone to ask a remotely difficult question of the guy

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jerry's a real trailblazer, asking those cutting edge race/QB questions at the SB. What's next -- he'll ask Ron Rivera if he believes Mexicans should be allowed in the country?

Why did you choose the screen name PastaJoe, Mrs. Sullivan?

I have to hand it to Cam, he had a great comeback.

I was only listening to this casually on ESPN and did not realize that it was our beloved Sully who made an arse out of himself (yet again), but this time on the national stage.

Not quite. Cam was referring how he's perceived for his actions. This guy is talking about an OLD stereotype. .very different and unwarranted.

Old stereotype...you mean like how people are "scared" of "an African American quarterback"?

If I was Sully (or any thinking sports "reporter" present), I would ask Cam to explain why he thinks (white) America is, in 2016, "scared" of a black QB----or what makes him so unique that he "can't be compared to anyone else"?

We call him Sully because the terms and conditions of this site prohibit us from calling him the name we really want

CBF

Silence. The Sully outrage needs to just burn through, like a small forest fire.

Did Mike and Mike play back this and laugh at it as well?:

"Newton is blackety-black and the simple reality is that the country doesn't like black people very much".

I doubt they did because that is their pal Bomani Jones pushing stereotypes just like poor Sully.

ESPN is the organization really pushing this "Cam is polarizing figure" when, really, he's not. A few weeks ago some lady wrote a letter to the editor in a newspaper criticizing him and it went all over the place. Now it seems they are really straining to keep that story line going. It's just phoney controversy. Newton was far more polarizing as a college player (perhaps the most corrupt we have ever heard of), whereas now, he is pretty benign.

This is the typical media creation. Sully is just playing the part someone wants him too--and he is happy to oblige. No one really cares. Why should we?

This is spot on. Netflix should do a new documentary....Making the Media.

Lmao...Sullivan goes "Why don't you back it up with something because it's still an issue to a lot of people"

Cam looks at him and smiles and says "Its not an issue, it's an issue for you."

Cam just dabbled on him...hahahaha

Did Mike and Mike play back this and laugh at it as well?:

"Newton is blackety-black and the simple reality is that the country doesn't like black people very much".

I doubt they did because that is their pal Bomani Jones pushing stereotypes just like poor Sully.

ESPN is the organization really pushing this "Cam is polarizing figure" when, really, he's not. A few weeks ago some lady wrote a letter to the editor in a newspaper criticizing him and it went all over the place. Now it seems they are really straining to keep that story line going. It's just phoney controversy. Newton was far more polarizing as a college player (perhaps the most corrupt we have ever heard of), whereas now, he is pretty benign.

This is the typical media creation. Sully is just playing the part someone wants him too--and he is happy to oblige. No one really cares. Why should we?

Corrupt? You typed that with a straight face? The entire FN CFB system is corrupt.