2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

Perhaps. I want him to stick with the running game, because that is the thing Greg does that's special. He's always been passionate about running the football and has built up an impressive collection of varied ways to make it happen. Its easily his greatest strength and I think the Bills should utilize it to the very fullest, and continue to create the passing game largely from play action. When that isn't enough, you have Sammy and Clay winning matchups all day long, just gotta use them more.

edit- and I base it on Greg's entire NFL body of work.

edit II- also think we should beef up on the line, making both the run and the play action even more effective than we saw last year.

I truly like your though processes. And that is the logical method with Roman. But it is also what the rest of the league/ opponents expect maybe?

If Greg has built enough trust in TT as he showed later in the season with Watkins in double cov and bracketed etc, i think it is possible to create the threat with a player like him, to open up the field and let Roman get a little wild.

It was mentioned that Treadwell might die of boredom.

Maybe.. But someone needs to take away coverage from Sammy regardless

IMHO.

the other note you make

I agree. the line needs to be solid regardless and that sure as heck better be taken care of!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly like your though processes. And that is the logical method with Roman. But it is also what the rest of the league/ opponents expect maybe?

If Greg has built enough trust in TT as he showed later in the season with Watkins in double cov and bracketed etc, i think it is possible to create the threat with a player like him, to open up the field and let Roman get a little wild.

It was mentioned that Treadwell might die of boredom.

Maybe.. But someone needs to take away coverage from Sammy regardless

IMHO.

the other note you make

I agree. the line needs to be solid regardless and that sure as heck better be taken care of!!

Maybe you guys are right about Treadwell, and maybe you're right about Roman, I'm just a fool on the internet who likes the Bills. (I appreciate your kind words)

I don't think a 1st round pick is necessary to do whats being talked about as needed. And I know it seems silly to talk about getting better at running the ball when we were 1st in both yards and average rush, but I really think that with a special run game guy like Roman it could be even better. For example, we have zero All-Pro offensive linemen. Imagine what he could do with 3 or 4 players of that caliber! Would we still be 19th on third downs and 30th in three-and-out percentage? Would we be better in the red zone?

I bring this up again because this is the way I would free Sammy Watkins up. Ram it down people's throats, control the clock and the game at large, wear the defense down, until they creep up to stop it and they can't pay Sammy/Clay/Woods the same attention. Ya gotta embrace what your coaches do best.

I'm fine with an upgrade over Woods but I just don't want it in the first 2 rounds of the draft, those are precious resources. I could rattle off half a dozen positions or more where I'd rather use those vital acquisitions. Just my opinion, my friend.

Maybe you guys are right about Treadwell, and maybe you're right about Roman, I'm just a fool on the internet who likes the Bills. (I appreciate your kind words)

I don't think a 1st round pick is necessary to do whats being talked about as needed. And I know it seems silly to talk about getting better at running the ball when we were 1st in both yards and average rush, but I really think that with a special run game guy like Roman it could be even better. For example, we have zero All-Pro offensive linemen. Imagine what he could do with 3 or 4 players of that caliber! Would we still be 19th on third downs and 30th in three-and-out percentage? Would we be better in the red zone?

I bring this up again because this is the way I would free Sammy Watkins up. Ram it down people's throats, control the clock and the game at large, wear the defense down, until they creep up to stop it and they can't pay Sammy/Clay/Woods the same attention. Ya gotta embrace what your coaches do best.

I'm fine with an upgrade over Woods but I just don't want it in the first 2 rounds of the draft, those are precious resources. I could rattle off half a dozen positions or more where I'd rather use those vital acquisitions. Just my opinion, my friend.

Just to be clear on my stance on WR it is ONLY Treadwell that I would consider at 19. He may be the BPA on their board at that point and fills a need. He is going to be a star IMO.

Just to be clear on my stance on WR it is ONLY Treadwell that I would consider at 19. He may be the BPA on their board at that point and fills a need. He is going to be a star IMO.

And i am just talking conceptually.

Where the threat comes from matters not.

Heck i wish Harvin would come back.

But the position need to be filled.

I am often surprised at how the Bills draft.

Darby was my last " What "

how did that work out?

excellent i think.

But the defense , should be the focal point with Mario gone and possibly Bradham ? Need at least an upgrade at the second level and all the better Bills nail it at LB in the draft

I'm more than happy to take your word for it, you're the guy who opened my eyes to Watkins in the first place.

Perhaps. I want him to stick with the running game, because that is the thing Greg does that's special. He's always been passionate about running the football and has built up an impressive collection of varied ways to make it happen. Its easily his greatest strength and I think the Bills should utilize it to the very fullest, and continue to create the passing game largely from play action. When that isn't enough, you have Sammy and Clay winning matchups.

edit- and I base it on Greg's entire NFL body of work.

edit II- also think we should beef up on the line, making both the run and the play action even more effective than we saw last year.

Again - I agree. We have the best run game coordinator in the league. If his offense comes out throwing it 70% of the time something is wrong.

Again - I agree. We have the best run game coordinator in the league. If his offense comes out throwing it 70% of the time something is wrong.

That part is a little chicken and egg for me. I prefer to run out of 3 wide vs. FB for example. If you had Treadwell, Clay, Watkins and Woods on the field with Shady in the backfield the defense would have to play at least 5 DBs (I would think). That to me is better than running against a loaded box with Felton leading the way.

That part is a little chicken and egg for me. I prefer to run out of 3 wide vs. FB for example. If you had Treadwell, Clay, Watkins and Woods on the field with Shady in the backfield the defense would have to play at least 5 DBs (I would think). That to me is better than running against a loaded box with Felton leading the way.

Roman will run out of anything. We didn't use Felton that much last year. We ran in 11 personnel, we ran in 21 personnel, we ran in 12 personnel and we ran QB run plays in empty sets. Roman's run game is so difficult to take away because he will show you a bit of everything it is creative and hard to get a read on. His passing game is the opposite sadly.

I am not against Treadwell if they think he is the BPA - but I honestly do not think they will go that way - I think they will go defense in Rd 1 and receiver will be a day 2 priority.

I am not against Treadwell if they think he is the BPA - but I honestly do not think they will go that way - I think they will go defense in Rd 1 and receiver will be a day 2 priority.

Totally agree about Roman's O. Concerning the quoted part, personally I'd think about trading down in that scenario. There will probably be at least one GM who sees Treadwell as his Watkins, and the Bills could certainly use the extra resources with a good bit of re-tooling to do and somewhat limited cap dollars.

Totally agree about Roman's O. Concerning the quoted part, personally I'd think about trading down in that scenario. There will probably be at least one GM who sees Treadwell as his Watkins, and the Bills could certainly use the extra resources with a good bit of re-tooling to do and somewhat limited cap dollars.

Yep. I mocked Jarran Reed to the Bills in a scenario at #19 where Treadwell is still on the board... but I would not oppose a trade down in those circumstances. Move back 6 or 7 spots and try and pick up an extra late 2nd.

he is being compared to Dez Bryant as a player. I guess I would love the pick because the DL position is so deep this year in he draft compared to the WR position. If the premier LBs and elite pass rushers like Bosa and Spence are gone, I'd rather take a DL in the 2nd and Treadwell in the 1st. You are probably going to be more likely to get a stud at each position that way rather than waiting and taking a WR later who can play the #2 role.

My issue is that if Watkins gets hurt we have no one who can step up and man that #1 spot and that affects everything about the offense due to our QB not really being the biggest passing threat on his own. He becomes a passing threat when Sammy is on the field. That opens up the run and TE. When he's not on the field, the defense stacks the box and dares TT to beat them with woods and Hogan. It is a recipe for offensive failure. If you have Aaron Rodgers,for example, it isn't that big of a deal because he can beat you anyway. TT really isn't at that level and needs the stud WR to get separation and draw coverage to open up the offense. Would love a guy who is a #1 in the making across from Sammy, not a "decent #2." I really think they had that early on with Harvin due to his talent but once he flew the coop it was bad when Sammy was hurt.

And spend our last 3 first round picks on wide receivers? I'm not on board with that in the slightest.

IF hes there. Try and trade back.

Otherwise - defense. Solid 3-4 End, Mike or Will backer. Huge needs. Depends on who we cut as well.

If we don't sign Glenn, LT is a huge hole then as well.

Edited by dneveu

If last year was any indication of Feltons work, i would agree.

I would not think Bills would dare go WR first rd UNLESS they traded down.

Roman will run out of anything. We didn't use Felton that much last year. We ran in 11 personnel, we ran in 21 personnel, we ran in 12 personnel and we ran QB run plays in empty sets. Roman's run game is so difficult to take away because he will show you a bit of everything it is creative and hard to get a read on. His passing game is the opposite sadly.

I am okay with that thinking.

I really don't know who I want the Bills to take in the 1st. I am not a Ragland fan. I may be wrong but he looks like a 2 down LB with limited athleticism to me. The guys that I like the most (that may be there) are: Spence, Nkemdiche, Treadwell, Jaylon Smith. It is possible that none of these guys are there when we pick. In the 2nd round I think that I want Vernon Butler.

I really don't know who I want the Bills to take in the 1st. I am not a Ragland fan. I may be wrong but he looks like a 2 down LB with limited athleticism to me. The guys that I like the most (that may be there) are: Spence, Nkemdiche, Treadwell, Jaylon Smith. It is possible that none of these guys are there when we pick. In the 2nd round I think that I want Vernon Butler.

as long as they go BPA and DO NOT TRADE UP

LOLz

The nice thing is that this draft is deep in the defensive front 7. It is possible (maybe even likely) that they add 2 "starter" type players there.

That is music to my ears Kirby.

I do love me some nasty defense !

any chance we get Pot Roast too?

My confidence in either J. Smith or Spence being available at 19 is shrinking.

My list of guys that I like that are likely to be available starts with Rankins, J. Reed, and Leonard Floyd. I know you're not a Conklin fan, but if all those guys are gone, he might be my next man up.