Picture takers didn't take permission of horse's owner

Saxum

i've called the sheriff on people taking pictures of my cattle after getting their license plate number.

maybe it's a little different, but often times animal rights groups go around taking pictures of cattle and put them in flyers, etc or try to cause protests and what not.

i've called the sheriff on people taking pictures of my cattle after getting their license plate number.

maybe it's a little different, but often times animal rights groups go around taking pictures of cattle and put them in flyers, etc or try to cause protests and what not.

Maybe the cattle asked to have there picture taken?

Are the cattle posing in the picture holding signs "Eat pork"?

Do people need to ask permission to take pictures of plants, buildings, landscapes, etc from public property or just animals?

Maybe the cattle asked to have there picture taken?

They have selfie sticks

Are the cattle posing in the picture holding signs "Eat pork"?Do people need to ask permission to take pictures of plants, buildings, landscapes, etc from public property or just animals?

not technically. But there are privacy laws.

If Google Street view can do it anyone can. Who and what they take pictures of gets in to grey area

As long as they are on public property and are taking pictures of what is in plain view it's perfectly fine to photograph whatever you want in all of the states I've ever filmed in (and given that this is my job, I've filmed in many a state.) The tricky part is if you want to film/take a picture of a person and use that pic/video in a production that makes money. There are several work arounds for this (depending on the city/state) as long as they aren't the principle subject. However, I have never heard of any township/borough/state saying you couldn't record a piece of property that was clearly in public view. You might get the local law enforcement stopping by to check permits (if they're needed) and make sure what you're doing is legit, but that's about it.

Btw, the above makes you sound kinda crazy. :D