Desert Vista female students - should they be expelled?

Good God, people need to get a grip.

http://datab.us/CRdaeFxuE-U#"I'AMNOT A RACIST": Arizona Student In "N*GGER PHOTO"...SPEAKS OUT!!

Even the press is out of line, claiming they were spelling n*gger. They were spelling nl**er, with that being a small "L" not an i.

From the article:

Those girls were part of a senior class photo that spelled out the message "The Best You've Ever Seen Class of 2016" with letters printed on their shirts. the photo used asterisks to separate the words. After the photo was taken, the Tempe Union High School District said the six girls arranged their shirts to spell "Ni**er".

They were probably standing around talking and someone realized there was a goof to be had. I'm sure most or all of them never intended to have it posted online. Mildly humorous and very poor taste. Bunch of high school kids that didn't think about the larger implications. Gee that NEVER happens in high school. Let's lynch 'em!
If anyone should be expelled it should be the kid who posted it online.
Edited by GaryPinC

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said.

Their 1st ammendment right needs to be respected.

I once heard good advice when I was younger "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

The first ammendment doesn't prevent them from being idiots, and as stated earlier good luck getting a company to hire you now.

I heard Chip Kelly is bringing them in for internship positions.

There is no "i" in that statement. So they wrote NL**ER?

Don't get me wrong, they took a picture of it because it looked like ni**er. They either used the "l" or the "1" from the original phrase to make the "i". Just emphasizing that the kids didn't show up at school intending to spell that word.