Guess Tyrod's Next Contract

Alright, this topic has derailed about 5 other threads with everyone arguing over what Tyrod will be getting on his next contract. Thought that it made sense to centralize that conversation. Please do not respond with "we have to wait and see what he does next year" or start arguing over someone else's opinion. Please give your anticipated contract and why you came up with that.

As part of this exercise you are projecting his level of play. If you think that he falls on his face you may have a McCown type of deal as a guy that MAY be a starter. If he improves you may be looking at a Russell Wilson type of deal. That is a pretty wide range. I will go first:

6 years

$114 M

$15 M signing bonus

$60 M guaranteed for injury for the 1st 3 years and fully guaranteed after that

This is basically the Kaepernick deal (a little different). If gives the Bills time to continue the evaluation process without being on the hook for a large guaranteed portion. They will basically be responsible for the $15 M signing bonus as well as his annual salary for the 1st 3 years. At that point the other $45 M in guarantees would kick in (along with his base).

What are your projections?

KJ, i think you nailed it in a Kaepernick deal. That protects both sides.

When Carson Wentz goes 5-1 after replacing TT, why would they offer TT $8M?

Oh, you are anticipating a QB in round 1? You are also anticipating that Taylor will go from a Pro Bowl QB to the bench in 10 starts? Wentz will be gone in the top 4 so you are thinking of adding in next year's 1st and this year's 2nd to get someone to pick up the phone? Just to sum up, you must be anticipating, 2 1sts and a 2nd to get a QB that replaces a guy coming off of a trip to the Pro Bowl who fails so badly that he loses his job after 10 games. You are thinking that is the most likely scenario?!? That's just not logical at all.

KJ, i think you nailed it in a Kaepernick deal. That protects both sides.

It seems to be the perfect model.

Oh, you are anticipating a QB in round 1? You are also anticipating that Taylor will go from a Pro Bowl QB to the bench in 10 starts? Wentz will be gone in the top 4 so you are thinking of adding in next year's 1st and this year's 2nd to get someone to pick up the phone? Just to sum up, you must be anticipating, 2 1sts and a 2nd to get a QB that replaces a guy coming off of a trip to the Pro Bowl who fails so badly that he loses his job after 10 games. You are thinking that is the most likely scenario?!? That's just not logical at all.

It seems to be the perfect model.

Wentz won't be gone in the top 4.

Taylor will get hurt and then never play another down.

Wentz won't be gone in the top 4.

Taylor will get hurt and then never play another down.

Wentz may not make it to 2!! He either goes 1 at a trade up, 2 to Cleveland or 4 to Dallas (the most likely IMO).

...and never play another down here or out of the NFL?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

We shall see. I doubt DAL takes him. Cleveland will probably trade back and draft 4 busts. Wentz falls to 8 or 9.

Again though, do you see the chain of events that you need to happen for your prediction to come true? In all likelihood not one of those things (Tyrod out for good after 10 games, Bills drafting Wentz, Wentz making it out of top 4, Wentz going 5-1) has more than about a 5% chance of happening. Yet your prediction has ALL of those things happening.

Again though, do you see the chain of events that you need to happen for your prediction to come true? In all likelihood not one of those things (Tyrod out for good after 10 games, Bills drafting Wentz, Wentz making it out of top 4, Wentz going 5-1) has more than about a 5% chance of happening. Yet your prediction has ALL of those things happening.

I see Tyrod missing two games next year as a relative certainty. I think Wentz makes it out of the top 4. The Bills may not draft Wentz, but I have faith they'll learn from the EJ mistake. Wentz going 5-1 is likely, because he's the truth.

I see Tyrod missing two games next year as a relative certainty. I think Wentz makes it out of the top 4. The Bills may not draft Wentz, but I have faith they'll learn from the EJ mistake. Wentz going 5-1 is likely, because he's the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wentz a lot. Supposedly, he is the #1 QB on most boards (including Mayock). The #1 (or at worst close #2) QB doesn't last that long. Dallas really likes him after the Senior Bowl and Cleveland may take him at 2 (either he or Goff). It just doesn't seem realistic that he is on the board very long. Edited by Kirby Jackson