Liberal students think MLK was not liberal enough

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream…”

some students asked, “Does the MLK quote represent us today?” The problem wasn’t so much the message, but the fact that it only focused on racial diversity instead of gender identity.

So much stupidity.

Okay, it focused on race. Exactly how does having his quote up there on the wall............hurt you ?

Jackasses.

Oh, and it gets worse: The entire reason that quote was put there in the first place was to replace another quote that students had found offensive — one that called the university “leader in the quest for the good life for all men” — which is obviously, you know, sexist as hell.

Now, I personally don’t get triggered by seeing the word “men” anywhere. But hey, what do I know? After all, I had no idea that the “I Have a Dream” speech was actually kind of transphobic. I guess you learn something new every day.

Edited by B-Man

Long Live the King

FTA:

The fun part here is that the suggestion that right and wrong can be determined from reason, derived from nature (including human nature), strikes at the heart of today’s post-modern liberalism, which holds that objective moral judgment is impossible, because it would constrain the Left’s will to power. (Mentioning “natural law” on most college campuses today is like flashing garlic to a vampire.)

Playing out the implications of King’s thought to college students is great mischievous fun, as you can see liberals, who know they are supposed to revere King, squirm uncomfortably in their seats. And then I lay Frederick Douglass on them. . . (My black students especially sit on the edge of their seats when I walk through Douglass’s famous “Freedman’s Monument” speech, where he begins by saying that Lincoln was “the white man’s president,” but then lays out his larger argument about why Lincoln was a great man whom everyone—whites and blacks—should honor. It’s the first time some students have heard a reason why they should think well of their country.)

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/01/logn-live-the-king.php