The Political Compass

If you're going to be witty, you have to have a bit of intelligence. Since you lack that, you should stick to your usual form of comedy: trying to breathe with your mouth closed.

Oh ya, or just posting asshat continuously for weeks. You are stupid

Of course it's flawed, you dope. My point wasn't that that specific website was the end-all be-all.

I was using it as an example of the x/y axis political spectrum, and how it accounts for all political leanings; and explaining why a simple left-right linear spectrum model was useless.

I'm a dope?

If your Econ 102 teacher says it's an axis, then I suppose it is an axis.

Unless of course it is a double helix and a spinning ice cream sundae with whipped cream and a cherry, but if your prof says it is an axis, then it is an axis. Even though the axis doesn't account for all political leanings, because not all leanings are political, we can still say it does. It will simplify things and allow you to call people dopes because you think you understand it all.

I'm a dope?

If your Econ 102 teacher says it's an axis, then I suppose it is an axis.

Unless of course it is a double helix and a spinning ice cream sundae with whipped cream and a cherry, but if your prof says it is an axis, then it is an axis. Even though the axis doesn't account for all political leanings, because not all leanings are political, we can still say it does. It will simplify things and allow you to call people dopes because you think you understand it all.

I say it's an axis.

This isn't even good trolling. Drop it. You can do better.

Fair. ;)

I just don't think there is a universality to politics or personal leanings. Smart people, educated people, can have wildly different politics when it comes down to it. Doesn't mean one is more informed than the other -- though sometimes this is true it's not a universal truth. There are plenty of well informed, smart people whose politics I disagree with.

Personal political preferences by and large are formed from experience and information -- neither of which are consistent from person to person let alone culture to culture.

:beer: