Any doubt of JP being QB......

djh

His Tulane team were double digit underdogs (+14) & he basically called out Hawaii before the game.

The dude carried his team (absolutely no offensive line) on his back. He either threw bombs & ran like a madman to lead the Green Wave to a Bowl victory.

Also, if you're lucky....you catch JP handing off & running down field & lay the nastiest block on a DB. (2nd half)

http://hawaii.scout.com/2/84229.html

With timely passes and nimble feet, J.P. Losman proved that fat stats aren’t the only way to determine the value of a winning quarterback.

Losman led unlikely comeback

By Kalani Takase

Staff Writer

Thursday, Dec. 26, 2002

HALAWA -- J.P. Losman didn’t wow anyone with his arm Saturday night, but it was his mobility that proved so valuable to Tulane.

The junior quarterback did complete 20 of his 39 pass attempts for 240 yards, but his two touchdowns on 13 carries to go with his 45 rushing yards were just as important. Losman’s 1-yard plunge in the third quarter was part of 26 straight unanswered points by Tulane. Losman again scampered in the end zone with 8:54 left in the contest from three yards out. He tied a Tulane bowl record with his two rushing scores.

“We came out and did out job,” said the junior. Losman faced much public outcry over his decision to transfer from UCLA to Tulane. The Green Wave were 12 point underdogs in the inaugural ConAgra Foods Hawaii Bowl. “We’ve been underdogs all year,” said Losman. “I got a lot of criticism for coming to this school for that reason. I don’t care if we’re underdogs or not, we go out and we play hard”

Losman and the Green Wave offense didn’t fair well early in the contest. After a missed field goal and fumble, Tulane was forced to punt on their following two possessions. “We didn’t really make any adjustments, we just started believing in ourselves, calmed down, took a deep breath,” explained Losman. “We were pressing a little bit, trying too hard. (In the second half) we just realized that we are that good.”

Losman definitely knows what its like to get the crapped kicked out of him because of the lack of an O-Line...lets hope his college experience doesnt repeat in Buffalo.

244093[/snapback]

I've wondered about the oft-repeated poor Tulane O-line. RB Mewelde Moore (now a Vike) did fairly well behind it. Some have said that JP hung on the ball too long in hopes of a spectacular pass and didn't want to be tarnished with an int, in the fashion of RJ.

I've wondered about the oft-repeated poor Tulane O-line. RB Mewelde Moore (now a Vike) did fairly well behind it. Some have said that JP hung on the ball too long in hopes of a spectacular pass and didn't want to be tarnished with an int, in the fashion of RJ.

244122[/snapback]

Thats funny you say that. Check out this article I dug up of JP a few days ago.

Losman Article

244122[/snapback]

Didnt the Bills prove that you can have a good run blocking O-Line but have that same O-Line be terrible at pass blocking?

And I actually went to the Tulane vs East Carolina game this year back in October and Tualne's O-Line was downright pathetic. Now I dont know how much of that O-line that crapped out in that game was the same for Losman over the last 2 years, but trust me...Tulane's O-Line in that game easily counts for being "poor".

Didnt the Bills prove that you can have a good run blocking O-Line but have that same O-Line be terrible at pass blocking?

And I actually went to the Tulane vs East Carolina game this year back in October and Tualne's O-Line was downright pathetic.  Now I dont know how much of that O-line that crapped out in that game was the same for Losman over the last 2 years, but trust me...Tulane's O-Line in that game easily counts for being "poor".

244136[/snapback]

Thanks - eyewitness is good enough for me.

Thanks - eyewitness is good enough for me.

244141[/snapback]

Funny thing about that game was that during the trip in, all of the Tulane fans on the train said it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to lose to lowly East Carolina. East Carolina beat them with like 15 seconds left...no matter where I go, when obnoxious fans get shut up, I always have to smile.

Oh yes...we must base everything on Losman on a fan mock draft website from a year ago.  Yep...that fan who made the site knows all.

244143[/snapback]

I was just making a comparison from the article to what djh said resident a-hole :devil: