Super Bowl 50: Broncos vs. Panthers

Super Bowl 50 Winner  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

I know it sounds strange, but I think that the way Carolina beat Seattle and Arizona makes them seem a bit more unbeatable than they really are.

In the Seattle game they went down and got 7. Then Seattle tossed them an easy pick. Then another. Before you even knew it the game was over. Then everything works for you because the other team presses even more and makes even more mistakes.

Arizona was the same issue. Palmer became a turnover machine. Once Carolina got up a bit Arizona started pressing even more and making even more mistakes.

If Denver plays a clean game and Carolina has to drive up and down the field on Denver's defense it is going to be tough.

Denver's offense was pretty much shut down by NE for most of the AFC Championship game and I don't see how they'll do better against a tougher Panthers' defense. Carolina's offense will be a more formidable opponent for Wade's defense because of their high caliber OL that allows them to do well in both the running and passing games.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the weeks have gone by, I have felt more strongly that Denver has a very good chance.

Denver's D can neutralize the Carolina WRs. Denver's D is also #1 against the run.

As long as Denver doesn't implode like the Seahawks and Cardinals did in the first 20 minutes of the game it is going to be close.

Atlanta, led by a psycho QB who turns beet red, throws 5 INT and then smashes his helmet on the sidelines, easily beat them this season. Denver can find a way.

buffalo had #1 running d. Carolina #2

Denver's offense was pretty much shut down by NE for most of the AFC Championship game and I don't see how they'll do better against a tougher Panthers' defense. Carolina's offense will be a more formidable opponent for Wade's defense because of their high caliber OL that allows them to do well in both the running and passing games.[/quote(]playoffs + Brady + Belicheck) * (1/2 cheating) = not easy

I am in the minority that thinks NE could beat Arizona or Seattle in the playoffs

buffalo had #1 running d. Carolina #2

Denver's offense was pretty much shut down by NE for most of the AFC Championship game and I don't see how they'll do better against a tougher Panthers' defense. Carolina's offense will be a more formidable opponent for Wade's defense because of their high caliber OL that allows them to do well in both the running and passing games.[/quote(]playoffs + Brady + Belicheck) * (1/2 cheating) = not easy

I am in the minority that thinks NE could beat Arizona or Seattle in the playoffs

Mile High is Brady's kryptonite with his record now at 2-7.

@JamesParziale

5 reasons why the @Panthers will win the #SuperBowl http://foxs.pt/20bGqwW

#panthers #broncosDEN.png #NFL

Last #NFL expert picks until September, #SuperBowl style @NFLonFOX @alexmarvez @MikeGarafolo @PSchrags @RealSidSaraf http://foxs.pt/1JaPzMZ

NE* was a very, very good, dangerous, and motivated team. I know it sounds odd, but I think some are understating how impressive it was for Denver to hold them to 18 points.

Edelman seemed unstoppable. So did Gronk. Neither did a whole lot, especially by their standards. Brady threw picks, which he never does.

NE* also had a very under-rated defense this season and a HOF coach.

What Denver did was truly incredible. Denver's plan for offense was simple: get to 20 and then do absolutely nothing to blow the game. Had Hillman actually caught the lateral NE* would not have been set up for their first TD.

Carolina is very good. However, if Carolina commits some turnovers THEY could be in trouble.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Opposites attract: The mentorship that drives Denver

Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware are similarly elite pass rushers, but they run at different social speeds. Michael Silver saw this when he hung out with the dynamic duo at "Club 58," Miller's epic man cave.

NE* was a very, very good, dangerous, and motivated team. I know it sounds odd, but I think some are understating how impressive it was for Denver to hold them to 18 points.

Edelman seemed unstoppable. So did Gronk. Neither did a whole lot, especially by their standards. Brady threw picks, which he never does.

NE* also had a very under-rated defense this season and a HOF coach.

What Denver did was truly incredible. Denver's plan for offense was simple: get to 20 and then do absolutely nothing to blow the game. Had Hillman actually caught the lateral NE* would not have been set up for their first TD.

Carolina is very good. However, if Carolina commits some turnovers THEY could be in trouble.

IMO it wasn't. I remember telling you NE was vulnerable because of all of the injuries to their OL and RBs. You seemed convinced that they were SB 50 bound, but they simply didn't match up with Denver because they had zero running game to threaten the Broncos and could not contain Von Miller, Ware, Jackson, and Wolfe with a decimated OL. Beating them at Mile High was not that unbelievable.

Super Bowl 50 could very well be Manning's last game.

That's a nice way to describe Manning's diminishing arm strength.

@ekaycbs

Josh Norman's hands -- and what they give away pre-snap -- may be the key to the Super Bowl http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25472072/after-further-review-in-super-bowl-poker-game-josh-norman-has-a-tell

CaY1tFrUAAA6CjB.png

@usatoday_nfl

#PeytonManning getting sentimental? Here's what he said Thursday (via @bylindsayhjones): http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2016/02/04/peyton-manning-coaches-super-bowl-denver/79823340/

CaY9U-BUMAAF7IE.jpg

@Panthers

Cam Newton still wears the hospital bracelet from his car accident. "Never Forget The Journey." #KeepPoundingCAR.png

CaYk70SWAAAKedF.jpg

Miller says both Newton and Curry are long-distance weapons that are trying to score on every play.

In order to take pressure off Peyton Manning, the Broncos will have to solid good defense and run the ball well. Carolina sports one of the NFL's best run defense. Which team will come out on top in the run game when Denver has the ball?

Mile High is Brady's kryptonite with his record now at 2-7.

no ****? i mean i guess it makes sense because there are not many teams that have beat manning often. manning with the colts did not usually host the patriots in the playoffs.

maybe the jets have a better number of W's against brady, but the % has to be all the broncos.

Favre compares Packers in SB XXXII to Panthers
Legendary quarterback Brett Favre joins "Players Only" to discuss his career and what it's like to play in the Super Bowl, and to break down the Super Bowl 50 matchup.

Bowen: Why Cam reminds me of Brett Favre
Carolina feeds off Cam Newton's loose demeanor on the field. It's not unlike the leadership of Brett Favre, whose contagious energy had a way of igniting his teammates, writes Matt Bowen.

Marcus Allen, Fred Biletnikoff, Jim Plunkett, Jerry Rice, and Steve Young will also participate.

Can the Broncos completely stop Cam Newton and the Panthers offense? No, but Denver's top-ranked defense can force Newton into making mistakes and gain a big edge in Super Bowl 50. Here's how.

Is it just me or is this the least hyped super bowl in recent memory? Last year was a lot of hype leading up to Seattle vs New England. Someone asked me this week if I was coming to a super bowl party. My response: "oh yeah, that is this Sunday".

Is it just me or is this the least hyped super bowl in recent memory? Last year was a lot of hype leading up to Seattle vs New England. Someone asked me this week if I was coming to a super bowl party. My response: "oh yeah, that is this Sunday".

Totally agree. For some reason I can't get as excited for this game. It'll be a great day because it's the SB but it has no juice for me. Maybe by kickoff that will change. Idk

What we learned Thursday during SB50 week

Josh Norman indicated he won't be covering Emmanuel Sanders on Sunday but that's not the only thing we learned Thursday. Around The NFL recaps the final day of player availability to the media.

If Peyton Manning decides to play one more season, don't look for him to return to Denver.

Peyton Manning looked great in practice on Thursday according to Gary Kubiak.

Friday NFL preview: Panthers, Broncos both healthy as Super Bowl nears

NFL Nation looks ahead to Friday for Carolina and Denver, including both teams being at full strength for the first time in several weeks.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz